Sadly, I think this mock from CBS is the most accurate...

12 hours ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-start-qb-run-with-josh-allen-bills-take-lamar-jackson/amp/

All the top 4 QB's go in the first 5 picks, with only the Browns at #4 picking a non-QB with their 2nd selection. 

Then we're left at #12, and are probably desperate enough to grab a QB anyway, likely hoping he ends up pulling a DeShaun Watson.

BUF.png12. Buffalo Bills (from Bengals)

Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville. After trading up from No. 21 to No. 12, the Bills stay put for their quarterback and take Jackson. There's no rush to get him on the field immediately; AJ McCarron will have a chance to earn the job in 2018, but if he flops, Jackson would get his opportunity to be the next face of the franchise.

I think properly developed and used creatively, Jackson could be a good QB. 

I don't know who the Bills have on their coaching staff who can properly develop a QB or if Daboll really represents a big change in willingness to use a QB to his strengths

What makes me sad is the subtext of disrespect in the media that the Bills are irrelevant.  Think about it:  The Broncos have Keenum, who passed for 243 ypg, won a playoff game, competed in the NFC Championship.  That means they're gonna use their #5 pick on the best passing QB in the draft, because they need to get  better.  But the Bills, who just signed a guy who only passed for 208 ypg in 5 appearances with a great OL and AJ Green/Sanu/Eifert as targets, "have no rush to get (Jackson) on the field"

Denver, 5-11 last year, QB who led them to and contended for the NFC championship on a 14-4 team last year isn't good enough for them, they get Rosen

Bills, 9-8 last year, in the playoffs, AJ McCarron is good enough for them to start this year and Jackson should make them happy as a potential improvement

I understand where it comes from, it just makes me sad.  And I like Jackson!

11 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

It won't happen.  Nothing that Brandon has said publicly would indicate that he wants a QB like Jackson.  I think they are more inclined to draft Manson Rudolph at 21.

OK, that's another thing.  We want an LB, we desperately need OL help, but we trade picks up one from the Bills so they can draft a good OL ahead of us?

This just makes me sad.

18 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Why did you compare him to another black QB? Kinda hypocritical. I would probably omit the black comment from your previous statement.

Lamar is a FAST running QB. Please tell us what non-black fast running QB he should be compared to? Maybe Alex Smith... but that’s a stretch. 

I hate how some people try to find racism where there is none. 

I don't want to go down the "racist" rabbit hole, but comparing Tyrod Taylor and Lamar Jackson IS lazy.

Jackson was a far better passing QB in college - almost 1000 yds more passing yds Sr year and 50% more attempts than Taylor. 

Jackson played in an E-P style offense with full field reads and progressions.  Taylor played a spread offense - I think it was half-field reads, 1 read and run.

5 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

CBS employs Pete Prisco, without the doubt the biggest scumbag in the business. He hates Buffalo, and craves all that is New England.

His influence resonates there. Do not listen to any of their drivel.

Thank you for those encouraging words, Mofo.  I will try to take comfort in them.

3 hours ago, gjv001 said:

I doubt the Bills draft Jackson.  He was not invited to One Bills Drive.  The shun seems to indicates that Beane and McDermott have no interest in Jackson. 

Someone else pointed out that different rules apply when you visit a QB for a private workout vs. if you bring a QB in for a visit.

If you bring them in, you can't ask them to throw  but you can give them a medical exam, interview, tests

If you visit them, you can ask them to throw and you can interview them, but you can't give them a medical exam - not sure about tests

It's actually pretty hard to find web intel on where Jackson has visited or who has visited him.  But if I were the Bills, I would want to be able to put Jackson through my own workout and look at his throwing mechanics in detail.  I would also want plenty of nice, calm whiteboard/film time with him.  I wouldn't care so much about giving him a medical exam.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Why did you compare him to another black QB? Kinda hypocritical. I would probably omit the black comment from your previous statement.

Lamar is a FAST running QB. Please tell us what non-black fast running QB he should be compared to? Maybe Alex Smith... but that’s a stretch. 

I hate how some people try to find racism where there is none. 

Maybe because it's a FACT!! Lamar is comparable to Michael Vick.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Yes, this is the lying season, but teams that announce their pick is for sale generally mean it.  What advantage is to be gained by saying something like that if it’s not true?   Another GM has only to pick up the phone and he can find out in five minutes if Elway is serious.

What is to be gained by announcing it publicly since any GM can find out in 5 minutes if they are interested in trading?

The reason to say something like that publicly has nothing to do with other GMs, or their actual strategy. It has to do with public relations with their own fans. By saying this, if later they don't trade down and people criticize them for it, they can say that they tried but no one gave them a good deal. If they were to say ahead of time that there was no way they were going to trade down, people would criticize them for not at least listening to offers. In the end, they said the thing that means nothing at all. "We are open to a trade". It immunizes them against criticism. Fans that want them to trade down will be thrilled to hear it and those that don't want a trade down can take comfort in the fact that they haven't committed to anything. Fans in the middle will be happy to hear they are considering all options. 

5 hours ago, JM57 said:

The amount of people on this board who seem to be okay with watching Nathan Peterman or AJ McCarron for 16 games is truly astounding to me. There is one major goal in this draft. Get a quarterback. You have 5 picks in the first 65 and 6 in the first 96. Get. Your. Guy. Enough of this "what about next year's QB class" crap.

Not to mention that next year's qb class is not a good qb class

Now is the time

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, flabillsfan_2016 said:

The Bills aren't going to draft Tyrod Jr. 

Just as lazy as the Mayfield is Johnny Football 2.0 comparisons.  Jackson has a considerably higher ceiling than Tyrod.  Whether he reaches it or not is another issue.

16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-start-qb-run-with-josh-allen-bills-take-lamar-jackson/amp/

All the top 4 QB's go in the first 5 picks, with only the Browns at #4 picking a non-QB with their 2nd selection. 

Then we're left at #12, and are probably desperate enough to grab a QB anyway, likely hoping he ends up pulling a DeShaun Watson.

Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville. After trading up from No. 21 to No. 12, the Bills stay put for their quarterback and take Jackson. There's no rush to get him on the field immediately; AJ McCarron will have a chance to earn the job in 2018, but if he flops, Jackson would get his opportunity to be the next face of the franchise.

:sick:......:wallbash:......:death:

Lamar Jackson's going to be a rock star in the NFL. I get that people are easily led to believe that he's just going to be another RGIII or Tyrod Taylor. But I think if you look at the man, look at his drive, look at his passion, his toughness. Then you look at his very engaging personality. These are the ingredients that make the great QBs.

Dual threat QBs like RGIII, Taylor, even Vick, all had or have serious flaws that limited their ceilings and careers. Jackson's ceiling is limitless. He has all of the qualities you look for, AND he is the most athletic QB to ever come into the NFL, AND he can the pass the ball very well, AND he's only 21 years old. Jackson's a guy who's wise beyond his years, just like DeShaun Watson seemed to be as a prospect. A LOT of NFL teams are going to regret passing on Jackson. This league is at a tipping point where drop back QBs are going the way of the dinosaur. The NFL is going towards the fast break basketball model and it's starting with QBs like Watson, Mahomes and Jackson.

I'm really really hoping the Bills draft Lamar Jackson. Sorry, but I want no part of Rosen, Mayfield or Allen. I've seen the future and his name is Lamar Jackson.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Lamar Jackson is going to be a star in the right system. Not sure we have that system in place here but he's going to be a better pro than Josh Allen for sure.

• Like (+1) 1