Tyrod Taylor turning heads in Cleveland.

PIZ

37 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Having Taylor changes absolutely nothing about pick 1.

Yes and no, by having Taylor the Browns might be willing to take a project QB like Allen vs a more ready guy like Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield if they're enamored with physical traits that Allen shows. I've said it before look at Cleveland's GM who picked the QB for the Chiefs last year, he was a big guy with a big arm and good legs. Sounds a lot like Allen to me and the Browns have their bridge QB in Taylor to play the Alex Smith role this year. 

Leadership and work ethic were never the problem with Tyrod.

Now if he starts throwing for >200 yards per game or tallying some comeback victories, THAT'LL turn some heads.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Cleveland can waive every WR on the roster, just wasting cap space

When the Bills had two NFL-grade receivers playing - the 15 games with Woods and Watkins on the field with Taylor - this happened :

63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 Ints

When the Bills fielded cripples, cast-offs, practice squad rejects, and a rookie like a deer in the headlights - then less so, I admit.

The Browns have receivers and don't intend to waive them. Let's see what happens........

Edited by grb

27 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

It's not literally true, but it's really not that far away. 

For every turnover he didn't throw there was a play that even an average QB would have made that he left on the field.

You can cost your team in many other ways than just turnovers.

Your idea of an average QB is extremely flawed. 

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No one has ever justly criticized Tyrod's work ethic or leadership.

I really don't want to go down the "defending TT" rabbit hole, but you must know that's literally not true.

Probably true.  And what will we be doing in B'lo?

What Buffalo will be doing is the same thing that Cleveland will be doing i.e. Using a high pick to draft a long term franchise qb. Few people have ever criticized Taylor for his work ethic, leadership and character. I really can't recall it ever being an issue even from the detractors. The Bills got a good return with the trade to Cleveland. Cleveland paid a reasonable price to get their bridge qb. The situation he is in Cleveland is much better than it would be if he stayed with the Bills. He being dealt was the right thing for the Bills and the right thing for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

the 2nd half of the Charger game. Game was lost so he was just out there. A lot less pressure on him to be careful and he slung it around pretty well. The guy can play...when he plays. The Tennessee game that he basically won by himself...another example of what he could be.

wasn't there a fumble like dealy?....with a bad outcome/

2 minutes ago, grb said:

When the Bills had two NFL-grade receivers playing - the 15 games with Woods and Watkins on the field with Taylor - this happened :

When the Bills fielded cripples, cast-offs, practice squad rejects, and a rookie like a deer in the headlights - then less so, I admit.

The Browns have receivers and don't intend to waive them. Let's see what happens........

Jordan Matthews had one of the best three years to start a career in Philly yet struggled with Tyrod, Marques Goodwin looked miles better with the QBs in San Francisco last year, heck Chris Hogan has become a starter in New England. Coincidence? Maybe not look back on that 2016 season again we won only 1 game where he threw for over 240 yards in, so was he the reason for our winning or inspite of him?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What Buffalo will be doing is the same thing that Cleveland will be doing i.e. Using a high pick to draft a long term franchise qb. Few people have ever criticized Taylor for his work ethic, leadership and character. I really can't recall it ever being an issue even from the detractors. The Bills got a good return with the trade to Cleveland. Cleveland paid a reasonable price to get their bridge qb. The situation he is in Cleveland is much better than it would be if he stayed with the Bills. He being dealt was the right thing for the Bills and the right thing for him. 

I agree with all of the above.

Here is the context of the bolded text you're responding to.  What is your answer in this context?

56 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Eventually they will actually play football. They will see he (TT) doesn't move an offense. Holds the ball too long. Plays way too conservative. And they will yell and scream to play the rookie.

54 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Probably true.  And what will we be doing in B'lo?

Your answer in context?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree with all of the above.

Here is the context of the bolded text you're responding to.  What is your answer in this context?

Your answer in context?

I don't understand your response about the context? 

I think some of you forget about much different he was with Sammy out there.  

If they get any semblance of a running game, with Landry and Gordon, I expect to see a better TT there. 

He won’t light the world on fire, but he’ll make some plays that will make you miss him a little. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, grb said:

Bench by week 10.    Steelers/Ravens take turns embarrassing the Cleveland offense. 

55 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

My prediction: Bills will rue the day they traded Hotrod to the Clowns.

Might want to check out his putrid games vs Ravens and Steelers. 

Hes gonna be terrible for them.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1