Nick Foles Would Love the Opportunity to Start Again

19 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Now you're just being catty.

It's not an all-or-nothing proposition. I was strictly responding to your comment that, where a quarterback is concerned,  the team should aim higher than a decent NFL starter. That tells me you either don't want them to draft a QB, or you somehow, magically know what literally no one else in the world knows, which is that one of these college quarterbacks is a lock to be a great NFL starter.

Catty. :lol:  You are a funny dude. They very well should aim higher and they are. You stated that no one knows whether any of the 2018 QB prospects will even be decent starters as if teams aren't going to rely on their respective scouting staffs to make assessments.  No one said any of them are locks, but there are at least a few that project to be more than what Nick Foles has shown at the NFL level despite you feelings for him.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Catty. :lol:  You are a funny dude. They very well should aim higher and they are. You stated that no one knows whether any of the 2018 QB prospects will even be decent starters as if teams aren't going to rely on their respective scouting staffs to make assessments.  No one said any of them are locks, but there are at least a few that project to be more than what Nick Foles has shown at the NFL level despite you feelings for him.

They project to be more than a SB MVP?

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Catty. :lol:  You are a funny dude. They very well should aim higher and they are. You stated that no one knows whether any of the 2018 QB prospects will even be decent starters as if teams aren't going to rely on their respective scouting staffs to make assessments.  No one said any of them are locks, but there are at least a few that project to be more than what Nick Foles has shown at the NFL level despite

...sure he's racked up some "NFL frequent flyer miles" bouncing around and even contemplated retirement....maybe his Eagles landing was the perfect storm with coaches, surrounding players, scheme, etc......or...he's "one and done" from the penthouse to the outhouse.......Shaub had "flashes and crashes" post Atlanta.......Kolb was a hot commodity that 'Zona signed.....same result.....Bflo signed 'em to ALL CRASHES......should make the Foles debate as clear as the QB draft debate......uh oh........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

first two years of playing he put up nearly exactly Wentz numbers; over his first three years he was equally outstanding. Moved into the vortex of Fisher's black hole and then to KC.

Not my cup of tea, but he can play ball. Period. 

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Does he play at that level on a consistent basis?  The easy answer is no. 

His first three years in the NFL he was fine.

You are going to hold it against him that he was playing for Jeff Fisher? Ask Jared Goff how that goes. Comes back to Philly and all he does is win three straight post season games. 

Consistent enough. 

36 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I'll never pretend to be a scout, but you said the team should aim higher than a decent NFL starter, and literally NO ONE knows if any of these college guys will ever be a decent NFL starter.

No one knows. No one.

If your high aim is for someone who will be more than a decent starter, Foles has video and history; a greater assurance of a high rate of return over any of the draft picks.

I'd be fine with them sending the Eagles the #22 pick for Foles and keeping all other picks including next years picks. My favorite QB in this draft is Lamar Jackson, but I do realize that it might take a couple years for him to get to the Foles stage of NFL proficiency.

So a more immediate success approach might be to roll with this years Super Bowl MVP for four or five years, keep the high draft picks and build a very good team. The list of team needs has reached the danger zone and this team would still have picks #12, #53, #56, #65 to help fill those needs.

I'm sure Foles being traded to the Bills is still a possibility.

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

I'd be fine with them sending the Eagles the #22 pick for Foles and keeping all other picks including next years picks. My favorite QB in this draft is Lamar Jackson, but I do realize that it might take a couple years for him to get to the Foles stage of NFL proficiency.

So a more immediate success approach might be to roll with this years Super Bowl MVP for four or five years, keep the high draft picks and build a very good team. The list of team needs has reached the danger zone and this team would still have picks #12, #53, #56, #65 to help fill those needs.

I'm sure Foles being traded to the Bills is still a possibility.

Why are you sure of this?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I cannot believe he is going to stay with the Eagles and not hold out for more money. If he is not traded after the draft I will be amazed, if he stays with the Eagles and plays under that contract I will flip my lid.

If I remember correctly his deal voids after this season.

49 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd like to pass and draft our own QB. 

Sure, ideally. But if we can’t get one of the top guys I’d prefer Foles to anyone else. 

Plus then he opens up the draft a lot. Bpa all over the place. 

Maybe we have a deal in place if we can’t get to top of the draft to trade for Foles. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

Sure, ideally. But if we can’t get one of the top guys I’d prefer Foles to anyone else. 

Plus then hen he opens up the draft a lot. Bpa all over the place. 

I'd take any one among the top five over him. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd take any one among the top five over him. 

If you have Allen in there I’d have to strongly disagree. I’d prefer Foles and a whole lot of bpa than Allen and our current team. 

I’d roll the dice on Jackson provided we don’t trade up for him. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I still think he could be our plan B if we can't get our hands on a QB we want in the draft. Would I like that? Nope, but it may be in the cards. 

Agreed. I would rather see a move for Foles than reach for a guy just because. Pick 22 may be better spent on Foles than mason rudolph, for example.   

Edited by MDFan

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

If you have Allen in there I’d have to strongly disagree. I’d prefer Foles and a whole lot of bpa than Allen and our current team. 

I don't think you'll get your preference of Foles.  I'd take a shot on Allen over Foles too. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I wouldn’t bet against anything these days. 

If free agency is any indication the draft will be crazy. 

The free agent QBs are part of the reason why Foles is still in Philly.  Teams chose that route for no compensation instead of trading for him at the Eagles' high price. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The free agent QBs are part of the reason why Foles is still in Philly.  Teams chose that route for no compensation instead of trading for him at the Eagles' high price. 

That doesn't mean a lot because he would have been one of the top signees if he was a FA.  There was no action on him because Eagles demanded a ransom, and the new team would have to bump up his pay to market.  No one is going to do that ahead of the draft.

The situation will change in June.

Just now, GG said:

That doesn't mean a lot because he would have been one of the top signees if he was a FA.  There was no action on him because Eagles demanded a ransom, and the new team would have to bump up his pay to market.  No one is going to do that ahead of the draft.

The situation will change in June.

He wasn't then and he won't be in June. Teams have already made their QB starter choices for 18 and it makes no sense from the Eagles perspective to trade him with Wentz uncertain for week 1.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Get ready to flip your lid. 

and what if wentz never fully recovers from this injury?? acl mcl...dont count your chickens.If I were th eagles Id sign him to a 10 yr contract at 12 mil/yr and I would guarantee half of it.

37 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He wasn't then and he won't be in June. Teams have already made their QB starter choices for 18 and it makes no sense from the Eagles perspective to trade him with Wentz uncertain for week 1.

Exactly the price was so high for him because everyone needed a qb.  They wanted a kings ransom. Now that the market is next to nil, with the qb situation being all but fleshed our and all the top qb needy teams being at the top of the draft the eagles will have to drop their price markedly. 

Not it sure why you’re fighting so hard against this logic. It’s sound. 

Like you I’d prefer to get our own but if we can’t get where we’d need to be I’d feel a heck of a lot more excited with Foles starting than AJ. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Exactly the price was so high for him because everyone needed a qb. Now that the market is next to nil, with all the top qb needy teams being at the top of the draft the eagles will have to drop their price markedly. 

Not it sure why you’re fighting so hard against this logic. It’s sound. 

Like you I’d prefer to get our own but if we can’t get where we’d need to be I’d feel a heck of a lot more excited with Foles starting than AJ. 

No they don't and no it isn't. 

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No they don't and no it isn't. 

The teams who were mostly interested in Foles had other options.  Nobody  was going to part with a high pick AND pay market rate salary.  If Foles isn't moved this season, he'll be a prime FA candidate next year.  He's definitely worth the gamble of a 2nd round pick this year, especially if Bills miss out on the top 4.

Edited by GG

Just now, GG said:

The teams who were mostly interested in Foles had other options.  Nobody  was going to part with a high pick AND pay market rate salary.  If Foles isn't moved this season, he'll be a prime FA candidate next year.  He's definitely worth the gamble of a 2nd round pick this year, especially if Bills miss out on the top 4.

Except he's worth more to the Eagles than that as they have repeatedly stated with them on a quest to repeat as Super Bowl Champions. 

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Except he's worth more to the Eagles than that as they have repeatedly stated with them on a quest to repeat as Super Bowl Champions. 

He's a diminishing asset to Eagles as the time goes on and Wentz gets closer to camp

2 minutes ago, GG said:

He's a diminishing asset to Eagles as the time goes on and Wentz gets closer to camp

Cheap insurance for a team on a Super Bowl run.  I don't think they're worried about the so called diminishing asset perspective. 

1 hour ago, GG said:

I think he need to be an Option for Beane moving forward. The market will shift a number of times before he becomes a free agent. Lets hope Eagles treat him with some respect when the time.

59 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Cheap insurance for a team on a Super Bowl run.  I don't think they're worried about the so called diminishing asset perspective. 

I don't think Eagles feel any need to move him or concern about "market value " right now. could change of course

46 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

How about Nick Foles and #32 for #22?

:D

not bad

6 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm probably the minority here,  but I'd rather take Foles than pretty much any QB in the draft.

In fairness, I don't follow college ball but the most reliable thing everyone knows about these new QBs is that they really don't know jackpoopoo about how these QBs will do in the NFL.

Meanwhile, you have a young guy in Foles who stood fearlessly on the NFL's biggest stage, got in a shoot-out Brady*, and still beat the Pats*.

I understand he's not going anywhere this year until they know if Wentz can play, but damn this guy would look good in Buffalo. Not to mention, you don't have to give up the farm for him, leaving you with more picks to get more talent.

Dreamin', I guess. 

I totally agree with you. We would need to get him some weapons not to mention an o-line.

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I have no idea if McDermott and team can bring the kind of offense and scheme that Pederson has. Without question, we're missing elements all over the place.

But Foles and Shady need just a couple of decent receivers to get started quickly, AND you have the benefit of keeping many of your picks to address what has become a very suspect Oline.

Lastly, the idea that Foles stinks makes no sense to me. He wasn't Trent Dilfer, for crying out loud. The dude made all the ridiculous throws through the playoffs and SB and never winced.

Not to mention, it would be great to have a QB who knows what it's like to beat Brady.*

Also, to be clear, I have no problem with the team drafting a QB. 

This past year for Foles was like that miracle year he had with Chip Kelly... so we can expect Foles to come back down to earth now that he surprised the league again. Teams will be ready for him. I'm so glad the Bills are not taking the bait on this guy. It's the offense... he made throws, but they were designed throws. It was more the offense then Foles 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I would love to get Foles. People can say that he didn’t do anything in St. Louis or Kansas City but if you look at what he did the first part of his career in Philly and then the postseason this past year, the guy is a stud in my opinion 

So basically your point is just to ignore the points that don't agree with your evaluation of him for no reason?

At least give me the Jeff Fisher argument, come on man. 

Just now, #34fan said:

But let's not pretend it's anywhere NEAR old for a QB... Brandon Weeden was damn near 29 when he got drafted!

You don't build an argument for something by pointing to a dumb decision.

That's not how logic works.

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So basically your point is just to ignore the points that don't agree with your evaluation of him for no reason?

At least give me the Jeff Fisher argument, come on man. 

You don't build an argument for something by pointing to a dumb decision.

That's not how logic works.

:lol: Weeden's age wasn't why he sucked... CLE may have thought his maturity would be an asset... Too bad he was simply short on talent.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, #34fan said:

:lol: Weeden's age wasn't why he sucked... CLE may have thought his maturity would be an asset... Too bad he was simply short on talent.

I always thought his age was a huge reason not to draft him. Same thing with Chris Weinke. However, I'm more of a proponent of youth. But that is true, his talent undid him right away, or lack there of, not solely his age.