metzelaars_lives

A Different Josh Allen Perspective For People Who Actually Care About Reality

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What is reality?

What's reality is that all the teams that were vigorously in pursuit of a qb had Josh Allen high on their board. The Cardinals who drafted Rosen tried to move up and get Josh Allen before we did. They didn't have the ammo to compete with our offer for the right to draft Allen. The notion that is being peddled by many that Allen as a qb prospect is "fools gold" is undercut by the reality that many teams near the top of the board seriously considered him. Especially with qbs there are no guarantees for success. But his chances for success are just as good as any of the other elite prospects. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Not interested in dragging this out, as I am pretty sure we are not going to change each other minds, and that it ok.  Appreciate the civil discussion.  2 questions.

Do you think Josh Allen is a better QB then Josh Rosen?

Do you think Josh Allen is better then Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes?  Bills could have picked any of them.

Watson probably played above expectations before he got hurt.  Sample size is pretty small but very good.  Mahomes, too soon to tell  Allen, waaayyy too soon to tell.

AJ will be the starter this year and if healthy I predict he will be hard to unseat.  He'll be better than TT. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like 1

I, too, missed this the 1st go 'round. 'Preciacha, Metz! I'm trusting the process. 

signed, Chandler#81 in Tonawanda

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

If I had to win a game tomorrow, I’d most likely go with Rosen.  I like the Allen gamble though.  If you read my OP, I never said I thought he was even the best QB in this draft.  I was really just trying to dispel the idea that he “sucked in college” more than anything else.  But it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he turns out to be insanely good.  I think the way he played in the Senior Bowl was incredibly encouraging as far as a glimpse into what he might look like with legit talent around him.

I think you two should fight it out.  In the Thunderdome!!! 

btw great posts. 

5 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

As far as the numbers, if you think that Rosen or Darnold would’ve put up even better numbers in Wyoming’s 2017 offense than they did in the flag football PAC 12 and that Allen would’ve put up even worse numbers with, say, Oklahoma State, then I suppose I can’t factually prove you wrong but we can agree to disagree.  As far as his 2016 numbers, again, this was a team that went 2-10 the year before and it was his first year as a D1 QB.  I would also direct you to his rushing stats from that year.  Something to consider if you’re comparing them apples to apples.  I can’t overstate what a big part of his game it is.

Another strong post.  Metz, you are killing it in this thread.

7 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think you two should fight it out.  In the Thunderdome!!! 

btw great posts. 

Two men enter, one Metz leaves.

• Like 1