Hanging on to 2019 1st round pick

If the Bills move up for a QB this draft, I really hope they don’t give up next years first round pick in the trade up. 

Looking at our OL, WR and QB positions, 2018 could be a big step back, and end up trading away a pick that may be between 10-15.  

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 4

I would rather the Bills give up more 2018 picks than the 2019 1st. I think giving up a 1st is always super dangerous as if your season falls apart you can really get set back. I think the Bills have enough draft capital to make a big move up for a QB without including the 2019 1st. Include a 2nd in 2019 if you have to but that 1st is a hard asset to give up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If the Bills move up for a QB this draft, I really hope they don’t give up next years first round pick in the trade up. 

Looking at our OL, WR and QB positions, 2018 could be a big step back, and end up trading away a pick that may be between 1-5.  

MLB CB EDGE

Edited by Pete

23 minutes ago, billspro said:

I’m fine with trading it but I would want to keep 22 this year if we do. Nexts years class isn’t looking great right now anyway.

Next years class is loaded (just not at QB). Use the picks this year to get your QB. Preserve your picks next year to get an elite defensive line prospect. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

24 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would rather the Bills give up more 2018 picks than the 2019 1st. I think giving up a 1st is always super dangerous as if your season falls apart you can really get set back. I think the Bills have enough draft capital to make a big move up for a QB without including the 2019 1st. Include a 2nd in 2019 if you have to but that 1st is a hard asset to give up. 

Agreed.......look at the eagles and rams!  It set them waaaay back.  Oh wait....

we haven’t had a good qb in over 20 years.  Don’t you think it’s time we get one?

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.......look at the eagles and rams!  It set them waaaay back.  Oh wait....

we haven’t had a good qb in over 20 years.  Don’t you think it’s time we get one?

I think the 2014 Bills had a SB team, minus qb.  Until you get one, you are just spinning your wheels. NE isn’t a great team but they have a great qb.   Franchise qbs completely change your entire team and you should do whatever you can to get one.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Next years class is loaded (just not at QB). Use he picks this year to get your QB. Preserve your picks next year to get an elite defensive line prospect. 

You are highlighting the conundrum. Is it worth also including in the package of this year's pick next year's first round pick to get the qb that you covet? I would say yes. However, I understand the reason why others would take a different view. There is certainly merit to it. The qb deficit has plagued this franchise for nearly a quarter century. The Bills are now in a position to make a maneuver to resolve an issue that has kept this franchise stuck in mediocrity for so very long. Even if we have to give up next year's first round pick the Bills will have a large cap avaliability to compensate for the loss of that high pick. It's time to get this issue addressed. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think the 2014 Bills had a SB team, minus qb.  Until you get one, you are just spinning your wheels. NE isn’t a great team but they have a great qb.   Franchise qbs completely change your entire team and you should do whatever you can to get one.

Agreed.  That team had everything but a QB.  Kyle ORton. Hahahaha.  Wish we would’ve rolled with Ej in hindsight.  We may have been able to land Winston or Mariota

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My point wasn't that the team shouldn't trade up for a QB, but rather that if the team is going to trade up I would rather they use more picks from 2018 to do so. 

Edited by billsfan89

Would both of Buffalo's firsts and seconds be enough to do it? I desperately want them to draft one of the top QBs, but it would be good to limit the damage to this draft. If its needed to dig into the 19 draft then i'd rather do that than miss out on one of these guys.

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are highlighting the conundrum. Is it worth also including in the package of this year's pick next year's first round pick to get the qb that you covet? I would say yes. However, I understand the reason why others would take a different view. There is certainly merit to it. The qb deficit has plagued this franchise for nearly a quarter century. The Bills are now in a position to make a maneuver to resolve an issue that has kept this franchise stuck in mediocrity for so very long. Even if we have to give up next year's first round pick the Bills will have a large cap avaliability to compensate for the loss of that high pick. It's time to get this issue addressed. 

The Bills can get the QB this year without including next years 1st. They have the assets to do it. No one can put together a package that can beat 12, 22, 53, 65, etc... You have plenty of ammo to go up. The value charts say as much. Every team will ask for your 2019 1st because it’s your best asset and everyone knows it. Don’t get worked over. Just keep adding picks this year, but don’t act desperate. 

• Like (+1) 1