Richie Incognito Retires Via Twitter - Now Confirmed

Virgil

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

If it is health related like he says and his kidneys/liver are shutting down it makes me think of prescription pain pills. Guys in the NFL have eaten those things like candy for years and the side effects are well documented. 

Yeah he's probably popping them like tic-tacs

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Unhappy to be making less money, so he prefers no money?

"Liver and kidneys are shutting down"??

I think RI has bottled up the crazy inside for too long the past few years and now it is coming out again. 

Gotta wonder about that $1M signing bonus in context of this medical claim.  Money already paid to players is very difficult for teams to recoup, but it does happen in some circumstances.  This would seem to be one of those - a bad faith negotiation where a player takes a signing bonus check and then retires.  Claiming it was done in good faith, but he had to stop playing due to health issues might be RI trying to keep some or all of it. Not saying this is what is definitely happening, just something to keep an eye out for. 

We honestly don't know what is going on with him, but if he is making a decision with his health as his best interest, who can hate on that? We can't be mad at him saying he screwed the Bills and stuff. Maybe he took the pay cut with the idea that he would play one more year and after meeting with doctors decided it wasn't worth it. We can't assume that there is hate, intent, and Russian Roulette type stuff going on. 

I am never going to hate on a guy for deciding to retire for his own health. 

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Gotta wonder about that $1M signing bonus in context of this medical claim.  Money already paid to players is very difficult for teams to recoup, but it does happen in some circumstances.  This would seem to be one of those - a bad faith negotiation where a player takes a signing bonus check and then retires.  Claiming it was done in good faith, but he had to stop playing due to health issues might be RI trying to keep some or all of it. Not saying this is what is definitely happening, just something to keep an eye out for. 

There's no chance that he is suddenly in liver and kidney failure. 

45 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

The best guy on this website thinks that Sam Darnold is a mid-1st round pick; that there are numerous, good QBs in this draft. Tell you what, you get back to me when people think your assessment of QBs is better than Gunnar's. 

Did I say don't draft a QB? Nope. I said it changes your choices. The circumstances changed and you change your valuation of options after the fact. The thought that you wouldn't is absurd to me. Absolutely absurd and as much as I'd like to put it differently, I can't.

Wth are you even on about? Wow with your response. You’ve just rambled on about nothing I even said in my post. But since you brought it up why don’t you tell me if Sam Darnold is available at 12? What about Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield? 

As as I said in a previous responses the Bills were prepared to move on from Richie, why the heck else would they ask him to take a pay cut? This doesn’t and shouldn’t change their draft plans.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's no chance that he is suddenly in liver and kidney failure. 

I agree.  Might be a negotiation tactic though. If he’s going to cause a stink and fight giving it back, then the Bills might give him a portion of it to go away and avoid the bad PR. 

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because of a guard???  The draft isn’t only about next year. 

And the Bills were prepared to move on from Richie!!! They wouldn’t have asked him to take a pay cut if they weren’t prepared to play the season without our. What if he said no, and they cut him because he wouldn’t?

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Definitely part of it and it’s why linemen lose a ton of weight after they retire.  But he is/ was a huge party guy and given some of his mood swings, it won’t be shocking at all to think he did some other things.

but I really do hope it’s nothing serious.

I agree. The organ issues immediately make me think high blood pressure. Very possible at 6'3" 340, eating a ton of calories and lifting very heavy weights. Even at a young 35. It doesnt matter whether its muscle or fat...I'm sure excessive drinking is a factor for him as well.

My BP is borderline at 33 and I'm 6'4" 275... I can't imagine the rigors of playing Guard in the NFL with an added 60 or 70 lbs.

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

What a bunch of bunk on Richie's part. He is screwing the bills out of $1 million and spinning it like he took a pay cut.  Firing his agent was a joke since he was probably planning to retire all along. Maybe he has some liver and kidney disease but that could be a load of crap as well.  I'm not buying his story.

Im sorry if this has already been asked in this thread, I dont have time to read it all, but do we get that cap space back? Im confused about Wood and now Incognitos retirements and how they affect our cap. Are there any decent OL out there in FA to pursue for insurance.