[Misleading Title]BILLS WILL TRADE BOTH #1 PICKS - -

Punt75

6 hours ago, Punt75 said:

The current Bills Management is BUILDING for the future.  The play-off  appearance last season was an accident.  Albeit, a nice accident for Bills fans around the country.   Perhaps long suffering fans think all we need is a top college QB in the draft to be a Super Bowl contender?

NOT SO!!    NOT SO AT ALL!   The Bills need quality, young talent at MLB, OLB, OT, WR and CB.  They need it right now!

My prediction is:  The Bills trade both their #12 and #22 picks for FOUR (4) Second Round choices.  I don't know the teams or circumstances but there will be BUYERS.  And I suspect we'll get additional 4-7 picks also!!!

We'll have 6 picks in the 2nd Round and 2 in the 3rd Round.  Eight (8) picks of the first 96 players taken is crazy - - crazy good.

Sometimes it's best to just hold a fart in - for the betterment of everyone around you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yawn. OK,  here goes.

Yeah, so crazy good that if they're all talented players we'd have to let four or five of them go when it's time for their second contract.

Yeah, thye need quality young talent at many positions. No, they don't need it right now. How many times do people have to hear what their goal is? It's not to be better next year. It's to consistently be competitive for a Super Bowl title. That's a long-range goals that's only achievable with a franchise QB, a top ten or twelve QB. Once you get him you're in position to get that. Without a QB you fill in those positions you're talking about and you end up winning maybe 8 - 10 games and being right on the edge of the playoffs but a one-and-out team, again and again. But you also have a low draft pick and can never get high enough to get one because of a lack of high picks.

In other words, you become the Cincinnati Bengals. That's not their goal.

Please remember that there are 31 other teams also trying to win the SB.  If a strategy was so foolproof, why hasn't anybody else thought of it and won the SB with it?

Draft day can't come soon enough.   It'll cut down on these random fever dream threads with declarative fact titles in this time where we are anticipating breaking news with identical sounding titles.

3 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Please remember that there are 31 other teams also trying to win the SB.  If a strategy was so foolproof, why hasn't anybody else thought of it and won the SB with it?

Aren't the Patriots known for fleecing draft value trades?  Just to be fair.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yawn. OK,  here goes.

Yeah, so crazy good that if they're all talented players we'd have to let four or five of them go when it's time for their second contract.

Yeah, thye need quality young talent at many positions. No, they don't need it right now. How many times do people have to hear what their goal is? It's not to be better next year. It's to consistently be competitive for a Super Bowl title. That's a long-range goals that's only achievable with a franchise QB, a top ten or twelve QB. Once you get him you're in position to get that. Without a QB you fill in those positions you're talking about and you end up winning maybe 8 - 10 games and being right on the edge of the playoffs but a one-and-out team, again and again. But you also have a low draft pick and can never get high enough to get one because of a lack of high picks.

In other words, you become the Cincinnati Bengals. That's not their goal.

Thurm that is a very well structured argument. And I love the Bengals analogy. Those early Dalton teams were stacked. Great lines both sides of the ball, 1 elite and 2 very good receivers, good secondary and linebackers, decent running backs, a great TE. Eventually they couldn't afford to keep them all and the team around Dalton fell apart and they went from a 10 or 11 win team that went 1 and done in the playoffs to a 6 or 7 win team. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Punt75 said:

The current Bills Management is BUILDING for the future.  The play-off  appearance last season was an accident.  Albeit, a nice accident for Bills fans around the country.   Perhaps long suffering fans think all we need is a top college QB in the draft to be a Super Bowl contender?

NOT SO!!    NOT SO AT ALL!   The Bills need quality, young talent at MLB, OLB, OT, WR and CB.  They need it right now!

My prediction is:  The Bills trade both their #12 and #22 picks for FOUR (4) Second Round choices.  I don't know the teams or circumstances but there will be BUYERS.  And I suspect we'll get additional 4-7 picks also!!!

We'll have 6 picks in the 2nd Round and 2 in the 3rd Round.  Eight (8) picks of the first 96 players taken is crazy - - crazy good.

I'd be disappointed in a 2 for 1 swap, wouldn't you? Far too little value for those picks.

Maybe we could own the entire 3rd round!!!! If there where to be any players drafted in the 3rd round of this draft to make the HOF B-lo would get em!

Seeing it's so close to the draft maybe Buffalo could try and get the entire 2nd round next year. SB here we come!

8 hours ago, Punt75 said:

Crazy good? No -

Just crazy crazy

[This is an automated response]The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

Not to poke holes in this amazing draft strategy that would make old inept Bills GM's look like General Patton on steroids but..........only Pats Browns and Colts have multiple 2nd round picks this year.

Pats 2nd and Browns 3rd 2nd rd picks are last two in that round. So very poor value.

No one with a brain trades with Pats.
Colts just traded back and are trying to acquire more picks rather than trade up.

Browns want many players to jump start their turnaround.

No way to get four 2nd round picks this year. If you trade for 2nd rounders next year the time discount makes them worth 3rd rounders.

giphy.gif