Kevin White

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I sit firmly in the camp of “the Bills receivers are bad.” Would you deal a late round pick to the Bears for Kevin White? He is seemingly healthy (finally) and they have added Robinson and Gabriel. It’s probably not likely that White regains his form but was an elite talent just a few years ago. 

He's never been an Elite talent, at least not in the NFL.  He's the most recent version of Carlos Rogers.

If he was cut, sure...but wouldn't trade for the most frail person in the NFL whose struggled in the very rare instances he was healthy.

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree with this theory. If you can buy talent cheap, do it. If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work. 

i do agree with this point.

But i am very nearly depressed about Bills approach to garner WRs. Again. this year feels worse than last season abysmal line up.

I am very wtf is the thinking up there?

waiting on Beckham lol :huh:

Seriously , Bills better have some FA Wrs on their list that are worth a darned. ugghh.

edit and by FA i mean ones that might need to be traded for to acquire post draft. Meredith got picked up today, i do believe

Edited by 3rdand12

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Watch him put up crazy numbers. 

Not the answer but as a depth guy would you like to see the bills offer Willie Snead if his tender is pulled? 

Go to camp with something like:

Benjamin

zay

rookie with speed (day 2)

snead

reilly 

holmes

streeter

i still want one reliable guy for depth and one speedy wild card added in the group.

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Not the answer but as a depth guy would you like to see the bills offer Willie Snead if his tender is pulled? 

Go to camp with something like:

Benjamin

zay

rookie with speed (day 2)

snead

reilly 

holmes

streeter

i still want one reliable guy for depth and one speedy wild card added in the group.

I’m all for bringing in Snead. They still need the speed guy but that would give them a boost. 

They could still look for a trade or some more dumpster diving like Thompson last year. Honestly, outside of Benjamin I wouldn’t say that there is another lock to make the team. Zay likely does but if he slips up again this offseason I could see them cutting ties (I wouldn’t personally). That group doesn’t scare ANYBODY though. There will be 11 defenders at the LOS!

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m all for bringing in Snead. They still need the speed guy but that would give them a boost. 

They could still look for a trade or some more dumpster diving like Thompson last year. Honestly, outside of Benjamin I wouldn’t say that there is another lock to make the team. Zay likely does but if he slips up again this offseason I could see them cutting ties (I wouldn’t personally). That group doesn’t scare ANYBODY though. There will be 11 defenders at the LOS!

It really is remarkable how bad the current group is in such a pass centric league, and expecting a young qb.

it feels like we have a borderline 1 and borderline 3 and a few 5-7. We need to add a starter and a guy that can play heavy snaps off the bench (and one of those to have speed) to even be a functional unit... 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It really is remarkable how bad the current group is in such a pass centric league, and expecting a young qb.

it feels like we have a borderline 1 and borderline 3 and a few 5-7. We need to add a starter and a guy that can play heavy snaps off the bench (and one of those to have speed) to even be a functional unit... 

Without being overly negative, how is this team going to score? Where are the plays going to be made? Shady is still elite but teams can commit to stopping him and only him at the moment. I don’t see them sustaining drives and I don’t see them making big plays. Where will the points come from??

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this draft class also seems pretty slim at quality WR. 

It isn’t a great group by any stretch. Like every draft though some guys will emerge. The Bills have to get AT LEAST 1 of them.

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Without being overly negative, how is this team going to score? Where are the plays going to be made? Shady is still elite but teams can commit to stopping him and only him at the moment. I don’t see them sustaining drives and I don’t see them making big plays. Where will the points come from??

It isn’t a great group by any stretch. Like every draft though some guys will emerge. The Bills have to get AT LEAST 1 of them.

Lots of pressure on the defense to create turnovers and short fields

huge need to stay 100% healthy (which is tough with wr1 and te1 having bad knees and a high miles back that’ll be the focus)

And do really well with calculated risks (3rd and 7? Throw it downfield and see what happens) and exploiting every blown play (and creating those with creative play calls)

I could see us semi productive in September when healthy and nothing on film but as defenses start tightening for playoff races and we get nicked up it could get ugly unless we add some solid pieces 

Edited by NoSaint

On 4/5/2018 at 8:59 PM, NoSaint said:

Thats like the 70th highest paid wr. Could you get a safer guy? Yea. But with the risk comes potential reward.

The 70th highest paid is very little when you have lots of cap room.  In this instance, it’s ALL of our cap room and we still have some big holes and very little depth.  Trading a draft pick for a combine freak that will use all of our remaining cap room and only has 21 catches form 193 yards and 0 TDs in 3 seasons is just ridiculous to me.  We can sign 2 WRs for 2.7 mill  and they won’t cost us a draft pick.  If we trade for Kevin White, I’ll be shocked.  He doesn’t make sense for this team.  We need WRs that can suit up on sundays,

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Lots of pressure on the defense to create turnovers and short fields

huge need to stay 100% healthy (which is tough with wr1 and te1 having bad knees and a high miles back that’ll be the focus)

And do really well with calculated risks (3rd and 7? Throw it downfield and see what happens) and exploiting every blown play (and creating those with creative play calls)

I could see us semi productive in September when healthy and nothing on film but as defenses start tightening for playoff races and we get nicked up it could get ugly unless we add some solid pieces 

You said it yourself, just in different words.  Kevin White makes zero sense for this team. 

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The 70th highest paid is very little when you have lots of cap room.  In this instance, it’s ALL of our cap room and we still have some big holes and very little depth.  Trading a draft pick for a combine freak that will use all of our remaining cap room and only has 21 catches form 193 yards and 0 TDs in 3 seasons is just ridiculous to me.  We can sign 2 WRs for 2.7 mill  and they won’t cost us a draft pick.  If we trade for Kevin White, I’ll be shocked.  He doesn’t make sense for this team.  We need WRs that can suit up on sundays,

Ill say I’m not advocating here but I wouldn’t be upset 

A month ago he would’ve been VERY low on my radar. But when you say sign two guys with that money— who are your two that are left out there?

the day 3 draft pick is of no real consequence. But the market is super thin at this point unless you want to go sign a guy like Brandon Tate to come back. I’d be super down for the Bryant idea once we make our qb trade- though I’m guessing many here don’t have the stomach to risk a pick on him. We need talent though and it’s not on the free agent market, and we don’t have huge resources - so there’s a good argument to be made for a big chance on an injury or character risk. 

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Ill say I’m not advocating here but I wouldn’t be upset 

A month ago he would’ve been VERY low on my radar. But when you say sign two guys with that money— who are your two that are left out there?

the day 3 draft pick is of no real consequence. But the market is super thin at this point unless you want to go sign a guy like Brandon Tate to come back. I’d be super down for the Bryant idea once we make our qb trade- though I’m guessing many here don’t have the stomach to risk a pick on him. We need talent though and it’s not on the free agent market, and we don’t have huge resources - so there’s a good argument to be made for a big chance on an injury or character risk. 

I hear ya,  I wouldn’t be upset, so to speak.  The upside is there.  I just don’t think, considering our current WRs, that he makes much sense due to his inability to suit up year after year.  If he was a free agent and we could pay him minimum, sure,  but to trade a draft pick and pay the guy 2.7......it just doesn’t make sense to me

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

I know WR seems bleak, but I got a feeling that Brandon Reilly is going to step up and become a Hogan/Edelman type of receiver with the right QB. With KB as the #1 and Clay/O'Leary/Thomas at TE and Ivory/Shady out of the backfield, I don't think it is as bad as people think.  If Zay becomes a true #2 we get lucky, but if we can land a Kamara/Hunt type back in the 3rd (Penny) and another outside receiver (Kirk/Sutton/Moore/Clark) suddenly this group looks good with AJ and has room to grow.   

If we trade up and draft an LB early then it might be good to bring in Maclin/Decker/Aiken or kick the tires on Alfred Morris and take a look at Gragg if he is healthy.  Greg Robinson, Alex Boone and Luke Joekal are still out there for O-line.  Minter/Hodges still there at LB.  

Even with the cap and draft, I think we can put together another playoff run regardless if we trade up.

On 4/6/2018 at 6:40 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree with this theory. If you can buy talent cheap, do it. If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work. 

Pats do it every year.  I think a former top 10 pick bust has a better chance than a late 6th or 7th.  Shoot for the ceiling.

Physically, White is fast and has quite a bit of height on him.  I liked him a lot.

Edited by jmc12290

16 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree with you that collectively the receiving corps is mediocre. As it stands the Bills don't have a number one receiver on the roster. In my mind Benjamin will never be a number #1 receiver but he can be a good number #2. This tall receiver who has a history going back to his college days of never being in the best shape has an incentive to being more fit because he is playing for a contract. So the incentive is there to come into camp prepared. Without question Zay was a disappointment last season but he was playing hurt all season long. He was too productive in college to fall off the clip like he did in his rookie year. So I believe he also has an incentive especially considering his troubling and perplexing offseason behavior to prove something. If you add in Clay to the mix he has always been  productive even when playing with a deteriorating knee. 

I'm not arguing that the Bills have an elite group of receivers. That would be a ridiculous thing to say. But I do believe that this group can be functional. I also think that McCarron's skill set compared to TT's is more suitable to improve the production for the receivers. (I'm not saying he is better or worse. I'm saying that he would be better running an offense that increases the production of this group.)There are so many positions that need upgrading that functionality is the best we can hope for right now. 

17 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

or 3 of them. lol.

maybe seven !

and Pass catcher TE to succeed Clay as soon as they can dump Whaley's contract

4 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I know WR seems bleak, but I got a feeling that Brandon Reilly is going to step up and become a Hogan/Edelman type of receiver with the right QB. With KB as the #1 and Clay/O'Leary/Thomas at TE and Ivory/Shady out of the backfield, I don't think it is as bad as people think.  If Zay becomes a true #2 we get lucky, but if we can land a Kamara/Hunt type back in the 3rd (Penny) and another outside receiver (Kirk/Sutton/Moore/Clark) suddenly this group looks good with AJ and has room to grow.   

If we trade up and draft an LB early then it might be good to bring in Maclin/Decker/Aiken or kick the tires on Alfred Morris and take a look at Gragg if he is healthy.  Greg Robinson, Alex Boone and Luke Joekal are still out there for O-line.  Minter/Hodges still there at LB.  

Even with the cap and draft, I think we can put together another playoff run regardless if we trade up.

O Reilly is my boy. But he could not make the roster last year even when Bills became desperate.

Jones is a complete unknown at this point.

Bills have one rec with Bad knees/

yay

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I agree with you that collectively the receiving corps is mediocre. As it stands the Bills don't have a number one receiver on the roster. In my mind Benjamin will never be a number #1 receiver but he can be a good number #2. This tall receiver who has a history going back to his college days of never being in the best shape has an incentive to being more fit because he is playing for a contract. So the incentive is there to come into camp prepared. Without question Zay was a disappointment last season but he was playing hurt all season long. He was too productive in college to fall off the clip like he did in his rookie year. So I believe he also has an incentive especially considering his troubling and perplexing offseason behavior to prove something. If you add in Clay to the mix he has always been  productive even when playing with a deteriorating knee. 

I'm not arguing that the Bills have an elite group of receivers. That would be a ridiculous thing to say. But I do believe that this group can be functional. I also think that McCarron's skill set compared to TT's is more suitable to improve the production for the receivers. (I'm not saying he is better or worse. I'm saying that he would be better running an offense that increases the production of this group.)There are so many positions that need upgrading that functionality is the best we can hope for right now. 

The point about AJ is valid for sure. I can get on board with the thinking he will improve any WR group via OC over last years effort.

But putting any stock into the players i mentioned in last post is not something i feel any security about.

Team are absolutely stack the box like last year against Bills until they no longer can risk it.

and the most recent pickup is hardly a confidence builder. he kinda sucked with us and has bounced yet again to us 

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I sit firmly in the camp of “the Bills receivers are bad.” Would you deal a late round pick to the Bears for Kevin White? He is seemingly healthy (finally) and they have added Robinson and Gabriel. It’s probably not likely that White regains his form but was an elite talent just a few years ago. 

Sign Willie Snead to an Offer Sheet.

I would have said the same about Cameron Meredith but he just signed an offer sheet with the Saints.