Patriots want Baker Mayfield

CJY2k

On Wednesday, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported the New York Jets are among the teams with a pick within the top 10 who are "fully aware of the Patriots' affinity for Mayfield."

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora previously noted the Pats' acquisition of the No. 23 overall pick to go along with their No. 31 selection was "all about a quarterback." He also suggested the team has an eye on moving up to take Mayfield.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2768534-patriots-draft-rumors-new-england-has-affinity-for-baker-mayfield

What if these sneaky mofos know something?.. What damaging information surfaces a week before the draft causing one or more of the top 4 picks to nosedive?

Could NE be sitting on something?

Edited by #34fan

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

trying to get teams to move up to get QB's so they can move down and get a CB or LT that falls

Yeah, Pats want us to drain our draft to move up so what do they do? Give out rumour we're thinking of moving up for a qb. Jets move makes this even more logical and more pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

trying to get teams to move up to get QB's so they can move down and get a CB or LT that falls

Exactly my thoughts...

Belichick could care less about the future of the franchise and wants to WIN NOW with Brady.  Moving up to draft a rookie QB that'll play when he's no longer the coach does him no good and is a crap shoot.  He's hoping to force someone's hand to move up and take their QB so a defense stud or a LT falls into his lap.

Jedi mind tricks

images.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Ppl give the patriots far too much credit . They struck gold by taking a flyer on a 6th round qb who maybe wouldn't have had the same early success if Bledsoe hadn't gotten injured. He ends up being the greatest qb of all time.  Brady is the engine that makes the patriots go. Now all of a sudden they are Jedi masters with personnel moves.  None of this happens without Brady . 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Exactly my thoughts...

Belichick could care less about the future of the franchise and wants to WIN NOW with Brady.  Moving up to draft a rookie QB that'll play when he's no longer the coach does him no good and is a crap shoot.  He's hoping to force someone's hand to move up and take their QB so a defense stud or a LT falls into his lap.

Jedi mind tricks

images.jpg

Doesn't Billacheats kid also work for the Pats and will maybe take over someday, if true then the rumors about Billacheat wanting to keep Crapplo for next up should make the look for next up QB a little more dire need then your stateing. I am not sure of his family member or son or whomever but I could have sworn a next in line Billacheat was already getting groomed.

Anyone know for sure?