Beane is “Trying Like Hell” To Move Up For a QB

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This take has become extremely tired. It's most likely inaccurate . Beane didn't have what was required to trump what the Jets could offer the Colts: namely a high draft slot. The Colts moved back a mere 3 spots ( about as safe as could be) and scored 3 second rounders for practically nothing. A move back to 12 incorporated risk for the Colts , and removed them from scoring another potential deal in the trade up for a QB market. The 6th pick fit that nicely. It wasn't happening for the Bills because they lacked the currency to give the Colts what they wanted. 

Or they dont mind moving back to 12. AND saw an opportunity to get great value to mive tk 6. And are going to deal 6 to Bills for more picks. And then Bills can use 6 as a launching point to get to Two. ?

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

This could be the Bills putting it out there, so when we don't trade up it can be blamed on teams not wanting to trade back....

If the Bills are indeed unable to move up, wouldn't it be due to teams not wanting to trade back ? It seems unlikely they would move to 12 just to stay there. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Or they dont mind moving back to 12. AND saw an opportunity to get great value to mive tk 6. And are going to deal 6 to Bills for more picks. And then Bills can use 6 as a launching point to get to Two. ?

That's exactly what I mean. There wasn't a need to move all the way back to 12 with the free picks they got to move to 6. If they stay at 6 they still get a top player that falls to them and scored extra picks in the process. They're in no worse position at 6 than they were at 3 and could move back again. 

2 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Every spot has a price tag but sometimes the price it too high. I would be ok with Beane over spending a little bit but he cant give away this years and next years draft to do it. 

Gonna take 50% premium on the pick. That Premium has been set. So you are gonna pay 3000 points for a 2000 point pick. 

And dont care about next years draft if I have a legit QB

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Tre white and 12 for the two pick 

Sure I would do that 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, brianb386 said:

There is so much information coming out, I actually wonder if it is a smoke screen and they are not planning to trade up. Otherwise,  all this info coming out is making them look almost desperate and that will cost them.

Information not coming from the Bills...how will it cost them?

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

repost.  i almost prefer they pick outside of the top 5 because i don't trust them to pick the right QB at 2.  if they traded all the way up and took Josh Allen or Sam Darnold i would barf.  Rosen is my guy but Mayfield at 5-7 is the best value if they like him.

So they would not only have to move up, but also must pick the player YOU like as opposed to the one they might like ? It makes one wonder why you would bother following the team. Just strange to me. I'd like them to move up to 2 the most because it would give them the most possible options - 3 out of the 4 top ranked QBs. That's the best scenario for the FO, rather than hoping their target falls to them. So that's what I prefer. 

24 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Didn't try hard enough to trump the Jets offer.  Hopefully he pulls something off.

That is the draft for you.....nothing is set in stone including how good the player is gonna be

Lets say the bills did get the 3.....in that situation we were guaranteed one of the top 3 guys.....the jets panicked and gave up a ton to move up.

And in the end......some guy like Mike White may end up being the best QB to come out of the draft....it happens.

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The only realistic options may be to overpay or simply not have one. Which do you think  is worse/ better? 

Is this in case the QB doesn't pan out?   Is that overpay?   There is a chance the traded picks don't pan out either.   I am in the camp of get a QB with one more trade up.  But if you have to trade up twice, get it done