Beane is “Trying Like Hell” To Move Up For a QB

Just now, HappyDays said:

Who said anything about not drafting a QB at all? 5 or 6 QBs will go in the 1st round this year. We can draft one without giving up a bunch of picks. Everyone is focused on pick 2. That is far from our only option.

It's our only option to avoid the likes of Jackson or Rudolph.

Or, God forbid, White/Lauletta/Falk

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Carter said:

Beanes job depends on finding his QB, this year. 

We currently have no starting QB. He must move up, there is no choice. Giants and Browns know this, they hold all the leverage. 

THIS draft is make or break for McBeane and McDermott, it’s a huge draft. No room for error. 

I don't believe that.  Beane and McDermott seem to be working with Terry Pegula on all of this.

7 minutes ago, Pasaluki said:

Mayfield might not get past 5 and then the Dolphins can get him at 11. I would be fine with trading up to 5 for Mayfield. If they are trading up to 2 their target most likely is Josh Rosen. 

I'm fine with a trade up, I just don't see the need to get to #2. Mayfield at 5 would be great and we wouldn't have to give up anything from next year to do it.

Who said anything about not drafting a QB at all? 5 or 6 QBs will go in the 1st round this year. We can draft one without giving up a bunch of picks. Everyone is focused on pick 2. That is far from our only option.

It's not about getting any QB.  They apparently are focused on getting a QB who they believe can be the franchise guy as opposed to settling.

We don’t 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

JP Loseman  vs Big Ben. 

Beane must see the advantages of moving up. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

Yea the point is I don't trust them.  I trust myself much more.  My guy is Rosen.  Perhaps you give them too much credit.  What experience do they have in evaluating QB's?  Trading to 2 and giving up everything to do so go hand in hand.  The cost to go to 2 is going to be crazy compared to maybe 5-7.  If they are going all the way up to 2 to get Allen or Darnold I would much prefer they stay back and get Mayfield.  That's my opinion and a lot of people may agree with that assessment

I'll trust/  give them credit because they actually work in the NFL and are risking their jobs. I'm sure they will do a thorough evaluation on the QBs, and a cost/ benefit analysis of any moves up. They may very well agree with your assessment in the end. If they do, it will be indicative of how closely they have these QBs ranked . Also on the overall effect on their rebuild. Not due to the fear of choice. If they move up to 2 it will show they have a much stronger belief in one of these players over all the others. That's the position I'd like the GM to be in if they have a much higher rank on one QB. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't believe that.  Beane and McDermott seem to be working with Terry Pegula on all of this.

With the huge decline in statistics from the year prior (Rex’ team) if the Bills didn’t stumble into the playoffs. They’d already be on the hot seat. 

This team was a mess last year. Terry knows this. 

• Like (+1) 1

I say offer both 1st rds this year and 1st next year to move up to 2nd. If we make the playoffs again next years pick will be in the 20's anyways. We take Rosen who appears to be most pro ready and can make all the throws. His question marks are durability and attitude, from what I've seen he has matured in college quite a bit and attitude really hasn't been as much a factor as of late. 

Best guess...

Denver would want 12, 22 and next years first. 

Minimum.  (I'd give them 12, next years first, and a 2018 third---96)  

Giants will take the 5 and our two 2018 seconds.  

I'd be good with that if we can keep 22.  Picking 2, 22, and 65 in the top 100.

Edited by Big Blitz

Just now, Carter said:

With the huge decline in statistics from the year prior (Rex’ team) if the Bills didn’t stumble into the playoffs. They’d already be on the hot seat. 

I wouldn't call them a mess. Cleveland was a mess. They finished middle of the pack...After a designed overhaul of players, scheme, and culture

TB doesn’t have an R3 pick so they should be interested. 12 and 56 for 7 and change. 

To get 2, it would cost 7, 22 and 53.

Essentially it costs 12, 22, 53, and 56, but takes 2 moves to satisfy giants not wanting to go too far back. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't either.  Some people are operating at extremes.  The fact that they even have Terry in the process and they were successful in year 1 where not many others have been, there's is no way Terry is going to axe them that quickly.

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

But we made it and that cannot be overlooked and I'm sure Terry is not overlooking that.  The other item here is they are including him in everything so he's a part of "the process."  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's not about getting any QB.  They apparently are focused on getting a QB who they believe can be the franchise guy as opposed to settling.

Less than half of the franchise QBs in the NFL today were drafted in the top 3. If you remove #1 overall picks the only ones are Ryan and possibly Wentz. #2 overall QBs are not worth 3 1st rounds plus a few 2nds and 3rds on top of it.

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

You can have that opinion, I'm just saying I think that all 3 will be in agreement on whatever choice is made.

Less than half of the franchise QBs in the NFL today were drafted in the top 3. If you remove #1 overall picks the only ones are Ryan and possibly Wentz. #2 overall QBs are not worth 3 1st rounds plus a few 2nds and 3rds on top of it.

All of that means zero with respect to this particular draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Best guess...

Denver would want 12, 22 and next years first. 

Minimum.  (I'd give them 12, next years first, and a 2018 third---96)  

Giants will take the 5 and our two 2018 seconds.  

I'd be good with that if we can keep 22.  Picking 2, 22, and 65 in the top 100.

12 and 22 is already paying a premium for 5. It isn’t going to be next years 1 to get to 5. 

23 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

IF we get up there and take a "blue chip" QB, whomever it ends up being, we have to give the kid a chance. Period, end of story. These kids have enough talent where if they are coached properly and given a legit chance, odds are they will succeed.

Yeah, well, funny it doesn't work like that. Anyone we will draft will split the fan base and the first overthrown pass in OTA's will send people into a tailspin.