Beane is “Trying Like Hell” To Move Up For a QB

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Check this out. Browns about to draft Josh Allen.  Sam Darnold can be available.

If they are that “Brownsy”, the value of the Giants pick will just go up. I’m sure they know that too. 

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

"the likes of"

In the end of it all both Jackson and Rudolph could have better NFL careers

Despite all the negative backlash about Jackson, the dude intrigues me. I'd like to see him with the proper coaching & development succeed somewhere, if not Buffalo.

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

John from Riverside = Chris Isaak, Lamar Jackson = woman in the video

what ????? the f*ck are you attempting to say ?? 

2 minutes ago, BuffaninATL said:

Despite all the negative backlash about Jackson, the dude intrigues me. I'd like to see him with the proper coaching & development succeed somewhere, if not Buffalo.

I like him to

I especially like him if Im upgrading several spots on my roster this year AND having my number 1 next year .   I can live with him holding a clipboard for a year.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I like him to

I especially like him if Im upgrading several spots on my roster this year AND having my number 1 next year .   I can live with him holding a clipboard for a year.

my thoughts exactly....plus he ran the E/P offense, a perfect fit for what Daboll could conceivably want to run. My thoughts on the Bills QB situation: expect the unexpected, and trust McBeane.

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/04/buffalo_bills_gm_brandon_beane_reportedly_trying_like_hell_to_trade_up_for_qb.html

An interesting article from Matthew Fairburn about rumors of Brandon Beane trying to strike a deal to move up in the draft for a QB.   The source cited was Jason LaCanfora so that that what you will.  I know LaCanfora has been used many times by agents to get a message out there.

"Brandon is trying like hell to get up and get a quarterback," the NFL GM told La Canfora. "I'm convinced he'll trade up twice more if he has to. It reminds me of (Eagles general manager) Howie (Roseman) a few years ago (when he was moving up to land Carson Wentz)."

Could all be a smoke screen for either the Bills or another team that has an agenda near the top of the draft order.  Until I see a press conference by Beane or another GM I will file this under speculation once again.  I don't know why people think that anybody would put the truth out there this time of year because it sure as heck is not to placate a vocal minority of fans.

32 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Either we have a more real avenue to get one of the QBs then some here are willing to admit, or we are wasting A TON of time in draft prep meeting kids we have no prayer of drafting.  Which do you think is true?

Our previous history strongly points to the latter...:bag:

Edited by Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Our previous history strongly points to the latter...:bag:

these draft prep meetings are a necessary evil in the vetting process regardless of our perceived ability/inability to land said prospects

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Could all be a smoke screen for either the Bills or another team that has an agenda near the top of the draft order.  Until I see a press conference by Beane or another GM I will file this under speculation once again.  I don't know why people think that anybody would put the truth out there this time of year because it sure as heck is not to placate a vocal minority of fans.

So anything he would say at a PC would be taken as gospel?

1 minute ago, BuffaninATL said:

these draft prep meetings are a necessary evil in the vetting process regardless of our perceived ability/inability to land said prospects

I said nothing about the former, was just commenting that he did a stellar job of pointing out our past and was making light of it

Relax man :beer:

21 minutes ago, WPBillsFan said:

No, they almost have to base off of what you just said. It's the point that I just made, but we'll dive deeper. The fact that they passed on Mahomes & Watson... pretty much forced they're hand this year. They could of drafted Mahomes or Watson but chose to trade out to gain assets for this year specifically.

You may not agree with the price tag to get a QB, but you can't sit here & deny the thoughts process behind it. Which leads me to my first point... since they made that trade last year... they almost have to make the move. They can't get scared of the price tag... because they wouldn't have the picks in the first place if they didn't make the trade back. 

They went & traded every asset they could for this moment & your telling me "They don't have to pay that high price"... then they should be fired after the season. Cause they had a shot at a QB, & didn't take it...then chicken out cause the price got expensive. 

You can do that, you just can't do that in this business!

This is so right... on so many levels! Wow!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

I said nothing about the former, was just commenting that he did a stellar job of pointing out our past and was making light of it

Relax man :beer:

I understand what you were saying and have no problem......and I'm fully relaxed....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

How do you know that?

We haven't had an ACTUAL QB since bledsoe.

But we've drafted a few since. How'd they work out?

Unless we are getting a primo QB at the top of the draft, is it worth giving up a boatload of picks to move up 4-5 spots and end up with a guy who'd be there at 12 anyway?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

There are only so many teams to call, so either they don't want to move or Beane doesn't want to pay the price yet.

Unless it involves trying to persuade other GMs to accept what they said no to already, what would "trying like hell" even look like?

As I just posted, Beane would be smart to not pay their price at this point.  If they really want to move, make them sweat over making the pick vs wanting to move.  IF they really want to move, they will get closer to what Beane wants to offer.  You don't play this game their way.  Make them meet you halfway.  If they don't move to a more sensible price then they really didn't want to move.

Edited by NewEraBills