Dear Allen Supporters...

Scorp83

Allow my guy Chris Brown to provide some facts on Allen. If he was at 12... the Bills will draft Calvin Ridley before they take Allen! It's just common sense. Some of you have to pay attention the way this front office works. If there is one person the Bills are not interested in... That's Josh Allen. & that's not opinion...its a fact!

03-26 John Murphy Show HR 2 - Chris Brown destroys Allen

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/wgr550.hosted.cx/hosting/media/wgr550/1642018/122301576.mp3

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Allow my guy Chris Brown to provide some facts on Allen. If he was at 12... the Bills will draft Calvin Ridley before they take Allen! It's just common sense. Some of you have to pay attention the way this front office works. If there is one person the Bills are not interested in... That's Josh Allen. & that's not opinion...its a fact!

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/wgr550.hosted.cx/hosting/media/wgr550/1642018/122301576.mp3

You need to review the definitions of 'fact' and 'opinion' one more time.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 1

Allen is going to be a great QB, I think Rudolph will be an above average starter too. Both players get criticized wrongfully IMO. People will defend players like Lamar Jackson with his whopping 13 points, to bad there isn't an affirmative action for wonderlic tests. Meanwhile Allen and Rudolph triple Jackson's score yet people still defend the guy when intellectually he can't compete with 99% of the QBs in this class but yeah, keep criticizing Allen and Rudolph.

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah. Chris Brown. A bottomless pit of knowledge there telling us about a QB. 

So so glad you listen to the likes of wgr personalities to fabricate how you feel Allen will not be a good QB. 

He os considered as a top 10 pick in this draft. If not sooner. And that’s from the opinions of real football journalists and knowledgeable draft gurus. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

So so glad you listen to the likes of wgr personalities to fabricate how you feel Allen will not be a good QB. 

He os considered as a top 10 pick in this draft. If not sooner. And that’s from the opinions of real football journalists and knowledgeable draft gurus. 

Chris Brown is employed by the Bills.....

Which makes this even scarier in my opinion, they'll probably try to draft him

• Like (+1) 2

College football today is Live Action Techmo Bowl, with all the looking over at the sidelines, spread offenses that throw for 3 yards, and the rest of it. The average college offense today does very little to prepare QBs for the NFL, so, we can't talk about stats, and even most film is useless, because again: 5 WR spread, everyone look at the coach for the read, snap, 3 yard pass. Repeat. :rolleyes: How am I supposed to figure out if a college QB can read a defense, make an adjustment at the line, progress through 3 reads, delay the Safety/LBs with his eyes, and hit the TE on an 10 yard out rout...based on college...now JV football, RPO offenses?

I have found a way I think, so I will ask the same question as I did in the other Allen thread: How many different players does Allen target per game on average? The notion being, you have to be able to see different receivers, to get the ball to them. So, does he move the ball around? IF so, then at least that's something.

(EDIT: forget completions, because then we get into the woulda/coulda/shoulda RE: drops, bad routs, defense fell down, etc.)

Edited by OCinBuffalo

40 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Allen is going to be a great QB, I think Rudolph will be an above average starter too. Both players get criticized wrongfully IMO. People will defend players like Lamar Jackson with his whopping 13 points, to bad there isn't an affirmative action for wonderlic tests. Meanwhile Allen and Rudolph triple Jackson's score yet people still defend the guy when intellectually he can't compete with 99% of the QBs in this class but yeah, keep criticizing Allen and Rudolph.

What does his Wonderlic score have to do with his play or what do the scores of Rudolph or Allen have to do with their play?

Jackson won the Heisnan and was a finalist to win it again this past season.  I did not see 99% of the other QBs in the draft up for the award.  Jackson impacted games with his arm and his legs against a higher level of competition than Allen and in profoundly more dynamic ways than Rudolph.  He's not my first choice, but I keep seeing some twist themselves in knots trying to discredit Jackson with misinformation or irrelevant information.  It's actually weird.

You know nothing of any of their intellects.  You know what they scored on a test of random information; The scores do not make one intelligent per se or indicate any savvy in navigating a football field or life in general.  Go get Fitz out of Tampa Bay.  He scored 48 on the almighty Wonderlic.  All those facts made his play so much better when he played for the Bills three teams ago. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, purple haze said:

What does his Wonderlic score have to do with his play or what do the scores of Rudolph or Allen have to do with their play?

Jackson won the Heisnan and was a finalist to win it again this past season.  I did not see 99% of the other QBs in the draft up for the award.  Jackson impacted games with his arm and his legs against a higher level of competition than Allen and in profoundly more dynamic ways than Rudolph.  He's not my first choice, but I keep seeing some twist themselves in knots trying to discredit Jackson with misinformation or irrelevant information.  It's actually weird.

You know nothing of any of their intellects.  You know what they scored on a test of random information; The scores do not make one intelligent per se or indicate any savvy in navigating a football field or life in general.  Go get Fitz out of Tampa Bay.  He scored 48 on the almighty Wonderlic.  All those facts made his play so much better when he played for the Bills three teams ago. ?

Jackson completed how many of his passes? I honestly have a hard time thinking that any QB in the draft scored lower on the wonderlic than Jackson. It shows that he will never be a pocket QB that will dissect you with his arm, first sign of trouble he is going to make a run for it.

Oh yeah, don't even get me started on how he picked his mom to be his agent, that is beyond stupid. He is 22 years old and has his mommy do everything for him still. The fact that he doesn't have an NFL agent shows a complete lack of judgement for an athlete playing the most intellectually demanding positions in sports. Teams can't even schedule a dinner with him.

The fact that you have him above Allen is downright hysterical. At this point I don't even want to draft Jackson period, not even in the 2nd-3rd round.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Actually the only draft gurus that like Allen are the mainstream guys like Kiper, Mayock and Bucky but not much after that. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Actually the only draft gurus that like Allen are the mainstream guys like Kiper, Mayock and Bucky but not much after that. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Jackson completed how many of his passes? I honestly have a hard time thinking that any QB in the draft scored lower on the wonderlic than Jackson. It shows that he will never be a pocket QB that will dissect you with his arm, first sign of trouble he is going to make a run for it.

Oh yeah, don't even get me started on how he picked his mom to be his agent, that is beyond stupid. He is 22 years old and has his mommy do everything for him still. The fact that he doesn't have an NFL agent shows a complete lack of judgement for an athlete playing the most intellectually demanding positions in sports. Teams can't even schedule a dinner with him.

The fact that you have him above Allen is downright hysterical. At this point I don't even want to draft Jackson period, not even in the 2nd-3rd round.

Same Wonderlic score as Donovan McNabb.  Jackson completed a higher percentage of his passes than Allen.  You have a case of Allen making the most out of the pre draft process and Jackson failing miserably at taking advantage of it by not showing off his biggest attribute (his speed).  It's silly to think a team would think of you as a WR when you're being compared to Michael Vick.  I don't want Allen or Jackson.

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Same Wonderlic score as Donovan McNabb.  Jackson completed a higher percentage of his passes than Allen.  You have a case of Allen making the most out of the pre draft process and Jackson failing miserably at taking advantage of it by not showing off his biggest attribute (his speed).  It's silly to think a team would think of you as a WR when you're being compared to Michael Vick.  I don't want Allen or Jackson.

Allen's highlights come with his arm and gunning it, Jackson's comes with his legs. Allen is overlooked by many, he played on a crappy team with no talent and it hurts him.

I think Allen will go in the first 5 picks. His wonderlic sealed the deal. He will need to sit and learn maybe 2 years from the best QB coach possible. 

Sit in the booth with a coach to learn to read NFL defenses. He will be well worth the wait to develop. If the Bills can't trade into the top 4 picks , they are out of luck unless they get a lottery pick later.

5 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

As much as I have been on the Lamar Jackson  bandwagon, I think Allen is a very solid prospect.  I would be happy to get him as long as it does not mean trading up to #2 or something.  As others have speculated, I think he goes top 5 anyway.  I think realistically we are looking at Mayfield or Lamar.   As much as I like Lamar,  my gut feel is we will get Mayfield in a trade uo for #4, #5, #7 or #8.

4 hours ago, purple haze said:

Check this out .. granted a couple of years old ... but kind of tells a lot I think in terms of scores for the position  ... Jackson's score doesn't help him when compared to below.  Didn't know Tyrod's score till I pulled this.  Not sure if connected ... but could illustrate why he couldn't see beyond the first receiver in a progression?

Arizona Cardinals Carson Palmer USC 2003 (1) 26
Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan Boston College 2008 (3) 32
Baltimore Ravens Joe Flacco Delaware 2008 (18) 27
Buffalo Bills Tyrod Taylor Virginia Tech 2011 (180) 15
Carolina Panthers Cam Newton Auburn 2011 (1) 21
Chicago Bears Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame 2010 (48) 23
Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton TCU 2011 (35) 29
Cleveland Browns Josh McCown Sam Houston State 2002 (81) 30
Dallas Cowboys Brandon Weeden Oklahoma State 2012 (22) 27
Denver Broncos Peyton Manning Tennessee 1998 (1) 28
Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford Georgia 2009 (1) 38
Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers Cal 2005 (24) 35