How come its never Rosen?

9 hours ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

If Rosen had Darnolds personality there would be a lot more talk about him going number one. Because Rosen is more of a freethinker it scares a lot of NFL teams.   He also has more durability concerns than Darnold

On Cowherds show today he had Ryan Leaf on and he said Rosen's demeanor reminds him of Aaron Rodgers. But they both said the biggest knock on Josh will be his durability. 

6 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Neither have the intellect or pure mechanics as Rosen. He can add 15 lbs and be fine. He's far and away the best QB in this draft, and damn, he'd look great in a Bill's uni!

No. Nope.

Best looking thrower. Most natural motion. Yes. 

Best QB. Nope.

Not the biggest, not strongest, not the best athlete, not the strongest arm, not the most upside.  He is just the most technical and hes has some injury history.  I think he is the surest thing if he avoids injury.

Rosen has very little improv in his game so crappy teams drafting early still have teams to build around him and may grade durability much higher... That injury history and frame will probably keep him from being drafted 1 overall. He  will still go top 5, most likely 

Edited by ddaryl

53 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

No. Nope.

Best looking thrower. Most natural motion. Yes. 

Best QB. Nope.

Ok...what defines YOUR version of the best?

He's got the best feet of the bunch. The best intellect of the bunch. The purest passing of the bunch. And leads receivers to a spot better than the rest

Remember all the mocks that had Reggie Bush going first overall and then boom Mario Williams.

We really don't know one way or the other. Quit possible that's who they really covet. The media will only know as much as any team wants them to know. Even that little bit of info could be totally fabricated.

Moreover, I think the personality and the context in which Rosen made some quotes about potentially not wanting to play for a team like the Browns.

19 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

So many "experts" say Rosen is the best pure QB in the draft but never talk about him being the first QB off the board.

IMHO you're slightly overselling what it is that people are saying about him. They aren't saying he's the best "pure QB." They're saying he's the most accurate guy and the best passing decision-maker. And maybe the most NFL-ready as he understands defense and systems best. But they aren't saying he's the best mover in the pocket, for instance. Or the best improviser. I think people think that Darnold is better after a play breaks down, for instance, or if he has to throw off an unstable platform.

And the injury concerns are legit, as well. As are the concerns about how well he'd fit with some coaches. 

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

IMHO you're slightly overselling what it is that people are saying about him. They aren't saying he's the best "pure QB." They're saying he's the most accurate guy and the best passing decision-maker. And maybe the most NFL-ready as he understands defense and systems best. But they aren't saying he's the best mover in the pocket, for instance. Or the best improviser. I think people think that Darnold is better after a play breaks down, for instance, or if he has to throw off an unstable platform.

And the injury concerns are legit, as well. As are the concerns about how well he'd fit with some coaches. 

Well said.  Im not saying i believe he is the best.  I was curious why no one mentions him being taken the first overall.  I think there are just as many questions about allen yet he is.  Thank you all for the replies.  Very informative.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:35 AM, Skins Malone said:

Hey guys! I find its odd that theres not a single mock draft that ive seen that has Rosen going number 1.  Whenever they talk about what QB is going first he is never mentioned.

Im not a college football guy but i just find it odd.  Kiper has Allen going first overall i think there are serious questions about his play...but never Rosen.

So many "experts" say Rosen is the best pure QB in the draft but never talk about him being the first QB off the board.

I dont watch college football so i was wondering for those who do why no one talks about Rosen going number.  Is there something in his game?  Or is it concerns about personality?

I think it's mostly concerns about his personality spiked with a seasoning of concerns about injury history.  I've been told (don't know any myself) that most team owners and executives (maybe not the current generation of GMs but the older ones, as well as the CEO types) are pretty "crusted tawny old guard" and majorly put-off by the political/social views he's expressed.   They don't want to draft Kaep Part Deux, or some guy who's too geeky to lead the locker room.

There does not seem to be any question that he's by far the most accomplished passer in this draft.

I personally see the Josh Allen love as Blaine Gabbert Part Deux, but year after year teams fall in love with big QB who "look the way you want your QB to look"

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If Rosen fell to the Bills without moving up I would be doing cartwheels. His tape is simply different calibre to the rest. He is head and shoulders the best QB in the draft. 

What's your take on Mayfield?  Apologies if you posted your QB e v a l and I missed it.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan