Sal C: Broncos Love Mason Rudolph

22 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Ill be blunt. This is dumb metric. 

Right? Lol. This would be like a team passing on Barkley becuz Blair Thomas and ki-Jana carter. 

Plenty of reasons to like or not like a guy but judging a player based on past busts from a program is really  stupid. 

47 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Watch out, you are in heresy territory with that post.  Some here know that he sucks because a few draft guides say that he is a borderline 1st/2nd round player.  Some of those posters only want the (VERY RARE) QB savior, who single-handedly carries a team to victory regardless of the defense or offensive weapons he has to work with.

Why do you think that Rudolph is inferior to those anointed prospects?  If it is only arm strength, please explain Brees, Brady and Montana as great QBs with less-than-elite arm strength.  

If if your argument is that Rudolph has little experience under center, same applies to the top prospects as well.

Further, if you are looking for a transcendent talent to carry the team, who among the top tier did that?  I submit that is indeed a very rare ability and therefore not one that you make the basis of your team building process.

He cant really throw outside the numbers with any accuracy.  Im concerned about his arm strength more so than any other qb.  The reason Allen is so highly thought of is his money throw is an out.  Every game he throws lazers to the sticks from the far hash on the money.  Thats the hardest/ riskiest throw in football.  Thats takes pro level anticipation and accuracy for it not to be a pick 6.  That is a throw Rudolph stuggles with, even near side.  

13 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

It's just when you project down the line, Allen has tons more upside and that's why he is being talked about in the top 10.

I disagree. Allen has terrible accuracy. Worse than EJ or Tyrod or Kapernick. That cannot be taught. I'd take Rudolph any day over Allen.

Edited by mileena

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

12 & 22 for 5, they can get a good player at 12 and Rudolph at 22.

That ain’t happening. The Bills aren’t going to sit on their hands if these guys are sliding at all. They are going to jump up and get their guy even if it is viewed as an overpay.

They absolutely must make their move this year. There are no QBs in the college pipeline next year that comes close to the 6 guys this year. Getting one of the top 4 or 5 is paramount. 

It will be a major disappointment if we are shut out and settle for a second tier guy.

3 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Why do you think that Rudolph is inferior to those anointed prospects?  If it is only arm strength, please explain Brees, Brady and Montana as great QBs with less-than-elite arm strength.  

If if your argument is that Rudolph has little experience under center, same applies to the top prospects as well.

Ok someone please explain this concept for me. How can we defend a flawed prospect by using 3 of the greatest quarterbacks of all time as examples? It makes no logical sense. Its three guys, out of thousands of guys and we are putting this guy in that company? If you are going to mention those guys as reasons he could be sucessful, you also have to mention the other thousand guys who failed for the same reasons. The odds are very much stacked against this guy. Way more guys have failed because weak arms than succeeded. Using three generational players to defend the probablity of his sucess is illogical. 

To your other point, both Rosen and Allen have experience under center. 

• Like (+1) 1

If they pass on Mayfield to take Mason at 5 they are morons. If I am Denver I call up the Bills and offer a trade down if I am set on taking Rudolph. If I am Denver give me 12 (Where I can get Rudolph) and picks 53 and 56 for pick 5 and Denver's 5th rounder.  Denver picks up some picks to help strengthen the other parts of the roster. The Bills get a top QB and still have pick 22, 65, and 96 to address other needs along with taking back another pick in the 5th round to help with depth. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Mentioned this morning per chatter picked up at the owners meetings in Orlando and that Mayfield is a Smokescreen.

Perhaps Trepasso isn't as crazy as everyone thinks he is.

B R O N C O S  Broncos Broncos Broncos !!!

15 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Heard that on my commute. He said it makes the Bills a possible trade partner because the Broncos would be well served to move back and take him. 

0:) 0:) 0:)

22 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Good.  They can have him.

Name for me please the last QB to come from the OK State system and go on to have a successful career in the NFL as a franchise QB.  I'll be waiting.

I heard Brandon Weeden has a pretty good career.

I blinked and missed it though.

??

12 hours ago, mileena said:

Haha, funny. Garrapolo is young and has not won any real games against real teams. McCarron is a 4 year veteran who has learned under Dalton and has playoff experience. He should have won that playoff game against Pittsburgh.

yep a.j. is our jimmy g. and i think nate will make it at least close to that status as well.  while my likes in this draft are mayfield/rudolph,

i'm getting the feeling that this team feels they have what they need at that position now and just because cordy got us up the order does not mean we are looking to trade up. i won't be surprised if they do and won't be if they don't.

actually, after reading bios and stats of others like faulk/white and ferguson, i am pretty impressed. any of these guys could be stars.

all i know is that i want to keep no.22. any trade up i hope involves next year's picks.  this is the draft to build with.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, mileena said:

I disagree. Allen has terrible accuracy. Worse than EJ or Tyrod or Kapernick. That cannot be taught. I'd take Rudolph any day over Allen.

Again, projecting into the future Allen is believed to have more upside.  I'm not an Allen advocate, I know about his accuracy issues and actually believe it's an issue with him regardless of what he did at his pro day.  But looking at both him and Rudolph I can see why talking heads and some scouts even rate Allen above Rudolph.  

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

yep a.j. is our jimmy g. and i think nate will make it at least close to that status as well.  while my likes in this draft are mayfield/rudolph,

i'm getting the feeling that this team feels they have what they need at that position now and just because cordy got us up the order does not mean we are looking to trade up. i won't be surprised if they do and won't be if they don't.

actually, after reading bios and stats of others like faulk/white and ferguson, i am pretty impressed. any of these guys could be stars.

all i know is that i want to keep no.22. any trade up i hope involves next year's picks.  this is the draft to build with.

Hardly!  There is a tremendous difference in talent between the two that leaves AJM far behind.  The 49ers just rewarded Garoppolo with a lucrative contract while AJM is playing for backup money as the Bills traverse the country looking at QBs who'll be in the 2018 draft.  Your comparison is not rooted in reality. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

If they pass on Mayfield to take Mason at 5 they are morons. If I am Denver I call up the Bills and offer a trade down if I am set on taking Rudolph. If I am Denver give me 12 (Where I can get Rudolph) and picks 53 and 56 for pick 5 and Denver's 5th rounder.  Denver picks up some picks to help strengthen the other parts of the roster. The Bills get a top QB and still have pick 22, 65, and 96 to address other needs along with taking back another pick in the 5th round to help with depth. 

then we get mayfield and miami scarfs up rudolph at 11.....dohhhhh!:lol:

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hardly!  There is a tremendous difference in talent between the two that leaves AJM far behind.  The 49ers just rewarded Garoppolo with a lucrative contract while AJM is playing for backup money as the Bills traverse the country looking at QBs who'll be in the 2018 draft.  Your comparison is not rooted in reality. 

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

• Haha (+1) 1