Sal C: Broncos Love Mason Rudolph

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

They ran with Tyrod because he was their best option. This year they have other options and ammo. Decisions aren’t made based on a franchise’s history!! Each decision is made based on the here and now. Each season and situation is different. The “same ole Bills” narrative is tired and inaccurate. They will ALWAYS make the decisions that are in the best interest of the franchise. 2018 happens to be the year that they planned to chase a QB. That hasn’t changed. 

Again I hope your correct and the 1st round draft night is one to remember because of the trigger pulled to get a top prospect at QB and not for how they again missed by this much.

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

That's not really your decision to make

It's never happened before.

QBs typically get picked later than the media predicts. I think that's going to be the case this year and the talk of Rudolph as a 1st round pick seems crazy right now. 

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Again I hope your correct and the 1st round draft night is one to remember because of the trigger pulled to get a top prospect at QB and not for how they again missed by this much.

I don’t mean to be snippy. It’s just a giant pet peeve when people lump old decisions in with today. The only thing that we can judge these guys on so far is the last 14-15 months. They have done everything to target a QB in 2018. They added the extra 1st, 2nd and 2 3rds (one of which they traded). They cleared the deck with cap space. We should assume that they will continue to execute their plan until proven otherwise. Innocent until proven guilty...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think the Broncos would want more than that.  It would be  us giving up 12, 22 and a 2nd at least to get the #5.

I used the standard draft value chart and according to that we actually overpay by giving them 12 and 22. But I don't know what chart they're using these days, so you could be right. I would hope at the least we could just give them 12 and 22 and be done with it, but if we're trading up for Mayfield I wouldn't think twice about giving more.

21 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Mason Rudolph is going to get drafted way later than some people expect.

6 QBs are not going in the first round.

I think just the opposite will happen....he will get drafted way before most people expect.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

It's never happened before.

QBs typically get picked later than the media predicts. I think that's going to be the case this year and the talk of Rudolph as a 1st round pick seems crazy right now. 

What is crazy is how teams value QBs now in thia QB driven league.  Very possible 4 or 5 QBs could come off the board in the top 10 this draft. This draft is being respected as a QB heavy draft and teams know 2019 has nothing to offer. Much later round QBs could even be taken in round 2 or 3 just because of the push in early one. JMO

40 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey there was a thread about Rudolph going before Rosen, could end up being

Cleveland-Allen

Giants Darnold

Jests-Mayfield

Denver-Rudolph

Arizona(trade up)-Jackson

Miami-Rosen

Buffalo on the outside looking in again with nothing.

No way in God's green earth that 6 QB's go before pick 12 in the first round ever let alone with this group. If it does there will be some very happy midround and later teams , that's for sure.

Just now, xRUSHx said:

What is crazy is how teams value QBs now in thia QB driven league.  Very possible 4 or 5 QBs could come off the board in the top 10 this draft. This draft is being respected as a QB heavy draft and teams know 2019 has nothing to offer. Much later round QBs could even be taken in round 2 or 3 just because of the push in early one. JMO

I hear this every year and it never happens. 

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Steelers are in win now mode trying to win a Super Bowl. They're not picking a first round pick to sit on the bench. 

I disagree.  I think he is very, very much in play there.  They have a pretty complete team and a QB who keeps threatening to retire.  They also run a very spread orientated offense that has a lot of similar concepts to Ok St in it.  

Just now, jrober38 said:

Steelers are in win now mode trying to win a Super Bowl. They're not picking a first round pick to sit on the bench. 

Patriots value QBs with elite short accuracy (Rudolph throws the ball down the field). 

Neither is a real fit. 

Disagree entirely....as for win now, I didn't say the Steelers "would" Draft him, I said if he were in their system, he would do very well. As for Pats*, you seem to miss what Pats value: accuracy - which Rudolph has in spades - ability to move in pocket - which Rudolph does almost better than any other QB in this Draft - ability to allow receivers to get YAC - that's nearly all of Rudolph's game - and a tall QB who can throw the ball to all levels of the field - also, much of Rudolph's game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I used the standard draft value chart and according to that we actually overpay by giving them 12 and 22. But I don't know what chart they're using these days, so you could be right. I would hope at the least we could just give them 12 and 22 and be done with it, but if we're trading up for Mayfield I wouldn't think twice about giving more.

I think this year is a little different because the QB class is so top heavy and everyone in the world, including Kim Jung Un, knows the Bills want a QB.  They've got the leverage, especially after the Jets trade up.

Just now, Art in RTP said:

No way in God's green earth that 6 QB's go before pick 12 in the first round ever let alone with this group. If it does there will be some very happy midround and later teams , that's for sure.

With 2019 dead in the water for QB prospects and QB value around the league add in how teams think this draft is a holy grail of 6 QBs and it is very possible. JMO

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I disagree.  I think he is very, very much in play there.  They have a pretty complete team and a QB who keeps threatening to retire.  They also run a very spread orientated offense that has a lot of similar concepts to Ok St in it.  

They're not taking a QB.

They'll worry about replacing Ben when he actually retires. For now they're trying to win a Super Bowl and they need their 1st round pick contributing this year to increase their chances of doing that. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Last year the top 3 went earlier than the mainstream media predicted.  

Just now, jrober38 said:

They're not taking a QB.

They'll worry about replacing Ben when he actually retires. For now they're trying to win a Super Bowl and they need their 1st round pick contributing this year to increase their chances of doing that. 

I disagree wholeheartedly.  

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

IMO this class will change the never happens talk and by then it will be too late.

With 6 to pick from with 4 maybe going to 5 IMO we all will be suprised at how teams will jump each other to get one of them before the other will. Jests already proved that.

Edited by xRUSHx

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I can tell you, with certainty, that they are in the market for a QB. That doesn’t mean that they will pull the trigger but it is very much on the table.

46 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I don't know how relevant that is.  I admit, Brandon Weeden is the only one I can think of, but I still don't think its relevant.  Everyone wants Baker Mayfield (me too) and he went to Oklahoma.  The only guys I can think of that went to Oklahoma and our NFL QBs are Sam Bradford and Landry Jones....not exactly a great list.  Just my opinion that I think Mason Rudolph is a good fit for Buffalo, as he has everything Tyrod didn't have.  Just my opinion though.

49 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

So, given the NFL history of QBs from USC, I guess Darnold is off the table as well...

Ben Roethlisberger, Alex Smith and Dante Culpepper should have never been drafted because they came from small schools and nobody succeeded before them.  The school they play at is so irrelevant.  If they are good they are good and if they suck they suck.  

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I can tell you, with certainty, that they are in the market for a QB. That doesn’t mean that they will pull the trigger but it is very much on the table.

Yep I agree.  Even if it isn't in the first, and even if it isn't Rudolph.... I expect the Steelers to take a Quarterback in this draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yep I agree.  Even if it isn't in the first, and even if it isn't Rudolph.... I expect the Steelers to take a Quarterback in this draft. 

They love Allen. I don’t think it’s realistic now but there was a possibility of them moving up for him.

• Like (+1) 1