Bucs GM on GMFB: Contacted about Trade-Back UPDATE: Bills were the team

KDIGGZ

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, kdiggz said:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/27/play-nfl-draft-pick-trade-simulator-calculator-darnold-rosen-allen-value-jimmy-johnson-chart/

Using the above simulator, the Bills could give the Bucs the 12 and 56 pick for the 7th.  I would do that deal now knowing that it opens up a ton of options whether it's moving up into the top 5 from there or sitting back and seeing who falls

Would you prefer trading 12 and 22 for 7 and 38?  I would.  Not sure how Tampa would feel about it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/28/2018 at 2:40 PM, Bills Pimpin' said:

No one can touch the Bills with draft capital if the QB they want is available at 7 (Tampa) or 9 (SF). They can slightly overpay for the player they want and keep a ton of picks. If QB's go 1, 2, 3, 5, then I hope AJ is up for the challenge and Beane has some thick skin.:o

Thinking that nobody can touch them and boom in comes the Jets. SMH at the waiting game, get it done now to make sure we at least get that far IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Thinking that nobody can touch them and boom in comes the Jets. SMH at the waiting game, get it done now to make sure we at least get that far IMO.

Yep. 

If there's anywhere close to equal value in a deal to go from 12 to 7 with Tampa, do it now, it's one step closer.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

You're probably right, but count me among them who would NOT be disappointed. I'm not saying the Bills shouldn't Draft a QB, but given what is likely to be available at 12, i.e. Lamar Jackson, I'm fine with staying put and doing what needs to be done to overhaul the roster. That said, moving up to a place like #7, isn't going to demand a ton of Draft capital and might get the Bills to where they need to be....however, as much as I like Jackson, I don't think they need to trade up for him. So, it would need to be one of the other consensus top 4 QBs who were still able to be picked at #7 for it to be worth ANY forfeiture in Draft picks, JMO.

The Bills will have to trade up to get a QB. If they stand pat, another team will jump them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Moving from 12 to 7 to 2 could be a deja vu.
-
Eagles traded Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell to move from 13 to 8. (No added draft picks to make that move)
-
Then traded this?

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Brady Quinn said today on Sirius that the Bills will trade down to #9 with the 49ers and it will cost perhaps a 3rd, at most a 2nd. He says we will draft Josh Allen at 9.

Don't shoot the messenger. :)

Don't tell Bloke because he will be on a rampage. On the other hand if you tell Bandit he will be infused with the warmth of happiness. :D

2 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I said if the player is available at 7 or 9. The Jets didn't swoop in on the Bills. The Jets made a terrible trade for the #3 pick when they have no idea who will be there. I don't care what anyone says there is no way the Jets have 3 of these 5 QB's rated exactly the same. There is a huge chance they will have to settle on a QB they didn't have rated number 1 after spending 3 second round picks to move up 3 spots. There is no way the bills can get to #2 before the draft unless the Browns announce who they are taking and pinky swear on it. You should prolly go get some kind of medication if you are going to look at the news everyday waiting on a trade into the top 5. It ain't gonna happen before the 15 minutes between the Browns pick and the Giants pick.

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

I said if the player is available at 7 or 9. The Jets didn't swoop in on the Bills. The Jets made a terrible trade for the #3 pick when they have no idea who will be there. I don't care what anyone says there is no way the Jets have 3 of these 5 QB's rated exactly the same. There is a huge chance they will have to settle on a QB they didn't have rated number 1 after spending 3 second round picks to move up 3 spots. There is no way the bills can get to #2 before the draft unless the Browns announce who they are taking and pinky swear on it. You should prolly go get some kind of medication if you are going to look at the news everyday waiting on a trade into the top 5. It ain't gonna happen before the 15 minutes between the Browns pick and the Giants pick.

People saying the Jets made a bad trade are the same people wishing the Bills had made the trade instead.

48 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

No, there really isn't a huge chance they miss on their guy. Especially since we all have no idea how their draft board is laid out.

If they have it Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen. If the browns take Darnold, they will still have a top notch shot at three to get Allen.

End of the day picking third right now is vastly better than sitting at 12.

Here’s the problem with dealing with the Bucs. You only make the deal under two circumstances. A) One of the QBs you really like drops to pick 7 and you trade up on draft day or B) you trade up to 7 because you already have a deal in place for 2 if you can get pick 7.

The problem with scenario B is if the rumors are true the Giants love Darnold, they are not gonna trade down until they know who the Browns take at 1. Right now it sounds like they are leaning towards Allen. In that case, scenario B is highly unlikely to happen unless the Bills, Bucs, and Giants have some crazy 3 team trade worked out in advance of pick number 2 being on the board

5 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

People saying the Jets made a bad trade are the same people wishing the Bills had made the trade instead.

If the Bills could have gone from 12 to 3rd for 3 second round picks I would have done it in a heartbeat

On 3/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, kdiggz said:

The GM for the Tampa Bay Bucs Jason Licht was being interviewed on Good Morning Football on NFL Network and he said something very interesting:

"There are more than 7 players we would love to have so we like our spot, we will get a good player. But right now we are looking at trade back scenarios, who would be there at different spots in the draft. I've gotten some calls already on our pick. It will be interesting to see where some of those QB's go whether it's at 5 or my spot at 7, what's that sweet spot."

Sounds like QB needy teams have contacted them about pick 7 and they seem interested if they are analyzing what that might mean and who would be available if they do trade back. Very interesting indeed!

Watch starting at 4:50 mark...

Whats The Hold Up, Get It Done Tampa!

On 3/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, kdiggz said:

The GM for the Tampa Bay Bucs Jason Licht was being interviewed on Good Morning Football on NFL Network and he said something very interesting:

"There are more than 7 players we would love to have so we like our spot, we will get a good player. But right now we are looking at trade back scenarios, who would be there at different spots in the draft. I've gotten some calls already on our pick. It will be interesting to see where some of those QB's go whether it's at 5 or my spot at 7, what's that sweet spot."

Sounds like QB needy teams have contacted them about pick 7 and they seem interested if they are analyzing what that might mean and who would be available if they do trade back. Very interesting indeed!

Watch starting at 4:50 mark...

Where did it say the Bills were the team? Am I missing something?

22 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

No, there really isn't a huge chance they miss on their guy. Especially since we all have no idea how their draft board is laid out.

If they have it Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen. If the browns take Darnold, they will still have a top notch shot at three to get Allen.

End of the day picking third right now is vastly better than sitting at 12.

Really? If there are 4 so-called sure thing QB's: Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Mayfield and the Bills trade up to #2, you don't think they have a huge chance they miss there guy? You think if the Browns take a QB and the Giants take a QB there is not a good chance they miss their guy? Do you not know simple math?

17 hours ago, matter2003 said:

If the Bills could have gone from 12 to 3rd for 3 second round picks I would have done it in a heartbeat

No **** Sherlock, but the Jets went from 6 to 3. The Colts dropped 3 spots and gained 3 2nd round picks.??????.

And you think the colts would drop to 12 for the same.  Brilliance abound at TBD.

58 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Really? If there are 4 so-called sure thing QB's: Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Mayfield and the Bills trade up to #2, you don't think they have a huge chance they miss there guy? You think if the Browns take a QB and the Giants take a QB there is not a good chance they miss their guy? Do you not know simple math?

No **** Sherlock, but the Jets went from 6 to 3. The Colts dropped 3 spots and gained 3 2nd round picks.??????.

And you think the colts would drop to 12 for the same.  Brilliance abound at TBD.

If there are four guys and only two go before their pick that's not a huge chance they miss their guy. Clearly I'm not the one who struggles with simple math.

Again, especially if the top two QBs that go arent the top one on their board. It's okay we can go as slow as you need.

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

If there are four guys and only two go before their pick that's not a huge chance they miss their guy. Clearly I'm not the one who struggles with simple math.

Again, especially if the top two QBs that go arent the top one on their board. It's okay we can go as slow as you need.

If you think giving up 3 second round picks to move up 3 spots with a 50% chance your #1 QB is off the board is a good move then you are part of the few that do. It was the equivalent of giving up the #1 overall pick. It rivels the Whaley move to give an extra first for Sammy Watkins. No way a good GM does that. It was a panic move by GM swinging for the fences to save his job. It's a move you make on draft day when the guy you want IS STILL ON THE BOARD, and even then it's borderline overpayment based simply on the value. Its a move you make to get to #1 not #3.