Bucs GM on GMFB: Contacted about Trade-Back UPDATE: Bills were the team

KDIGGZ

3 hours ago, JXCOL3 said:

I don't think the giants will take a QB with #2. The amount of blow back they received when they benched Eli was big for the owners, which makes me think they wont draft his replacement yet

depends. I see them trading down a pinch and get a project at 10 - 22. if they are smart. Do not let the fan base run the FO. Eli is 37 and kinda sucks actually

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I could see us trading Hughes to move up to 7, and picking Mayfield. A new era of Bills football would begin. This is my dream scenario.

why trade Hughes and why the heck is that your fantasy???? you are an odd person 0:) 

Can't we have Mayfield and Hughes? that's a much better dream if you are going to dream up something geeesh

10 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

depends. I see them trading down a pinch and get a project at 10 - 22. if they are smart. Do not let the fan base run the FO. Eli is 37 and kinda sucks actually

why trade Hughes and why the heck is that your fantasy???? you are an odd person 0:) 

Can't we have Mayfield and Hughes? that's a much better dream if you are going to dream up something geeesh

1.) CLE - Darnold

2.) BUF- Josh A or R

3.) NYJ - Mayfield

4.) ?? -  will get a lot of picks for the left over Josh....

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

1.) CLE - Darnold

2.) BUF- Josh A or R

3.) NYJ - Mayfield

i feel nearly anything is possible based upon Cleveland 1 and 4. They own this draft.

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

1.) CLE - Darnold

2.) BUF- Josh A or R

3.) NYJ - Mayfield

I am pleased your dream scenario let's us keep Jerry and still get your QB  : )

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

i feel nearly anything is possible based upon Cleveland 1 and 4. They own this draft.

I am pleased your dream scenario let's us keep Jerry and still get your QB  : )

If Jerry helps us keep next year's 1, they can have him. Must move OBJ to free up cap space though. Check out the video 26 just posted over here. I would do this all day long if I was a Bills, Giants or Browns fan. It's freaking awesome....

i think we need to sit tight til draft night. if baker falls to 6, we need to have a plan in place. if stupid bids come out of the woodwork, i want to take rudolph and keep our picks and maximize the draft.  i think rudolph can have just as good of a future as any of the other qbs. as a matter of fact, if we can sit and get him at 12, i'd feel grateful.

26 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

it's not nuclear physics:

- Trade 12 and 56 to the Bucs for 7 now

- If there is a QB we like available at 6, offer 7 + 65 to the Colts on draft night

- Keep 22 + 53 in your back pocket

I think I would be quite happy with this. I'm just not sure if the value of those top picks is much higher than it usually is, which means teams at those spots are going to demand much more than they might typically. When there are multiple QBs in play with multiple teams looking for one, the price just goes up and up.

17 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I think I would be quite happy with this. I'm just not sure if the value of those top picks is much higher than it usually is, which means teams at those spots are going to demand much more than they might typically. When there are multiple QBs in play with multiple teams looking for one, the price just goes up and up.

As we saw with the Colts, the teams at the top are more willing to trade back when they don't have to drop down too far. It will be costly but a lot less than trading from 12. In fact there's probably teams that wouldn't fall to 12 no matter what we give up. I think we will have to trade up twice anyhow

I'd be amazed if they had not been contacted.  It wouldn't surprise me if every team between the Jets and Miami had been or will be contacted about trade terms.  It don't think anything happens before draft day, however.

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

The thing to bear in mind with the second part of that scenario (to move from 7 to 6) is that the Colts get the same player at 7 anyway, as they will certainly not want a QB like we do. In other words - pick 65 would be an absolute freebie. It would therefore be foolish on our part to gift them additional draft capital if we were to own pick 7 and look to move up that 1 spot.

8 hours ago, KRT88 said:

I'm surprised Chicago hasn't been mentioned.  You'd think they like to use #8 to get some of those picks back from their move last year.  

I'd love to move from #12 to #8.  we could keep most of our picks and maybe get our guy.  (maybe)

I went to College in Chicago from 1997 to 2001 and then stayed in Chicago till till 2013.  A couple things...

1.  I love the Bills 

2.  I hate the Bears

3.  I have many bears fans and am familiar with their team

4. Based on the Bears moving up for a QB last year (using draft capital and not needing a QB in 2019) - I would think the Bears are ideal partner for anyone to trade up to the Bears for a QB at #8 .  

Geepers, the Bears would have been in amazing shape if they had played to the talent level of their roster last year.  They had a better record than their team.  Seriously, after they traded for Trubisky and the current state of the team I thought they were a bottom 3 team in the NFL.  Trubisky didn't change anything either way.

--> the Bears put up a decent record.  Could you imagine the Bears in the Top #3 in the draft this year and be able to recoup picks trading back to a spot before # 8?

Could of, would have, should have...........

Bears lose a couple more games in 2017 and...

1. They have Trubisky

2. They have a top3-5 pick this year - trade back (easily recouping picks  from trade up last year)

3. They could still trade back this year depending how the draft unfolds

If this Chad guy is to be trusted, it sounds like it was the Bills who were in talks with Tampa's GM at the owners meeting for the trade up to 7. McD also mentioned that a team was going through the draft value chart to try and figure it out and he seemed very excited about the possibility. He may also have been talking about Tampa.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, kdiggz said:

The GM for the Tampa Bay Bucs Jason Licht was being interviewed on Good Morning Football on NFL Network and he said something very interesting:

"There are more than 7 players we would love to have so we like our spot, we will get a good player. But right now we are looking at trade back scenarios, who would be there at different spots in the draft. I've gotten some calls already on our pick. It will be interesting to see where of those QB's go whether it's at 5 or my spot at 7, what's that sweet spot."

Sounds like QB needy teams have contacted them about pick 7 and they seem interested if they are analyzing what that might mean and who would be available if they do trade back. Very interesting indeed!

Watch starting at 4:50 mark...

Watch ??  Watch !!!???   I'm to lazy to watch   whats did he say!!!     :D:D:D

seriously what were they asking to move to 7??  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 3/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, kdiggz said:

"There are more than 7 players we would love to have so we like our spot, we will get a good player. But right now we are looking at trade back scenarios, who would be there at different spots in the draft. I've gotten some calls already on our pick. It will be interesting to see where some of those QB's go whether it's at 5 or my spot at 7, what's that sweet spot."

10 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

At this point there will be a lot of disappointment on draft day if the Bills don't move up. 

You're probably right, but count me among them who would NOT be disappointed. I'm not saying the Bills shouldn't Draft a QB, but given what is likely to be available at 12, i.e. Lamar Jackson, I'm fine with staying put and doing what needs to be done to overhaul the roster. That said, moving up to a place like #7, isn't going to demand a ton of Draft capital and might get the Bills to where they need to be....however, as much as I like Jackson, I don't think they need to trade up for him. So, it would need to be one of the other consensus top 4 QBs who were still able to be picked at #7 for it to be worth ANY forfeiture in Draft picks, JMO.

On 3/28/2018 at 3:38 PM, Chuck Wagon said:

Yep.

Worst case you move up to 7, you still see the 4 QBs go before you, but you just gave up a 2nd and you get one of Chubb, Barkley, Nelson or Fitzpatrick, guys who would never make it to 12 anyway.

That would be the best move without selling the farm, for us anyway.