Shefty predicts OBJ will be traded for a 1 and 3 or 4

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Same. I don't hate it. 

I like OBJ, the problem is can you sign him long term? If not it isn't worth the risk.

Honestly, in the back of my mind, because obsessions, I have to count all the stuff we traded for Sammy Watkins too...because we should have just taken him at nine. 

Outside of message board discussion, push come to shove in reality, I dont think OBJ is a fit here at all. I dont think he signs here ever, nor do I think we want him to.

• Like (+1) 6

Let's worry about getting a QB and leave this guy alone. Something is off with this guy and I don't see how he could be worth the picks, $ and headaches to us. That money could be spent a lot better on a LB, OL and a FA WR. Please move on.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Outside of message board discussion, push come to shove in reality, I dont think OBJ is a fit here at all. I dont think he signs here ever, nor do I think we want him to.

I guessing Saints, maybe Rams or Raiders. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This would be a nightmare. Two head cases in Rosen and Beckham with no depth on our OL, DL, or LB corps. I would hate this. Thankfully it won't happen.

Oh and both are major injury risks. I've been trying to think of a worse scenario than trading up for Josh Allen, and Eric Galko just found it.

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s certainly a big price but you’d be checking QB & #1 WR off your list of needs. You can sign Bowman and draft a LB at 56. 

Would it be possible to make the 2019 picks conditional on his signing ??

41 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yeah, that is possible, I think.  Comes down to if you think the fella is going to continue to be a prima donna semi-basket case.  If you think you can sign him long-term and manage the personality, it's very tempting, especially if you add the high end qb.

Agreed. I do think that, if OBD views him as a top WR in the league even with his issues, then adding him to help out a rookie QB is akin to about the best pair or training wheels you can get. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, billykay said:

Would it be possible to make the 2019 picks conditional on his signing ??

I would think that those conversations would be had prior to a trade being consumated. No  team is going to trade for him without the assurance that he is there moving forward.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

The Rams would be a good fit for his personality as well.    That would be a hell of a offense... 

They make the most sense IMO.

OK....stop right now....

The Bills are not trading for a WR that was just caught on video doing things that.......well, let just say don't fit the process.....

On top of that, even if there was no video, they are not trading for a WR that will demand 17+ million on a new contract.  Just let this go.  Not happening.

No idea what Buffalo will do, but I don't think I'd give up anything more than a Day 3 pick for Beckham honestly. I just have no interest in the type of contract he's seeking at all. I'd be willing to trade a Day 3 pick to have him on an expiring deal but that's probably it.