Mel Kiper's Nightmare Mock 3.0

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/22917443/nfl-mock-draft-2018-30-mel-kiper-first-round-pick-rankings-draft-order-32-picks (You need Insider to read it)

1.) Cleveland Browns - QB Josh Allen

2.) New York Giants -  QB Sam Darnold

3.) New York Jets - QB Josh Rosen

4.) Cleveland Browns - RB Saquon Barkley

5.) Denver Broncos - QB Baker Mayfield

This is a likely scenario that terrifies me. I don't want to know what this board's going to look like if it goes down this way. 

I'm thankful Kiper put it out there, though. Pretty much guarantees it'll go differently. 

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/22917443/nfl-mock-draft-2018-30-mel-kiper-first-round-pick-rankings-draft-order-32-picks (You need Insider to read it)

This is a likely scenario that terrifies me. I don't want to know what this board's going to look like if it goes down this way. 

I'm thankful Kiper put it out there, though. Pretty much guarantees it'll go differently. 

Kiper had jimmy clausen as a top 5 pick!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

I don't buy that Giants want a QB that badly. I think if that happened we make them an offer they can't refuse for Darnold

I think cold logic will dawn on Gettleman (and it may have already) and he'll do what's obviously right: draft the next franchise qb. 

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, kdiggz said:

I don't buy that Giants want a QB that badly. I think if that happened we make them an offer they can't refuse for Darnold

Just my opinion and how I see things at the moment, but I think the Giants only want Darnold (of the top QBs). They are going to wait until Cleveland picks. If #1 is Allen they will take Darnold. If #1 is Darnold they will trade out.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Care to give us the Bills picks at least?

As you alluded, Mel is pretty much never correct, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. 

It is possible that 4 QB's go in the first 5 picks though, in which case I think we stay put and take a dominant LB at 12, then 22 leaves plenty of options (including QB, dependent on how high they are on Jackson or Rudolph). 

There's also the option of waiting until next year, and maybe even dealing 22 for a first next year, if you're really not sold on the guys left. I definitely don't want them just reaching on a guy to appease the fan base. The key isn't getting A guy, it's getting THE guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I think cold logic will dawn on Gettleman (and it may have already) and he'll do what's obviously right: draft the next franchise qb. 

Yep. He's no dummy. The best way to ensure he extends his career is to keep QB a strength.

• Like (+1) 1

Changing defenses, lost their best pass rusher, other DE suspended for ped's, might be losing OBJ. I don't think they can afford to turn down all of those picks to get a player that will sit on the bench for 2 yrs and not help the team

• Like (+1) 1

I'd love to have Edmunds but I don't foresee Alexander being a 1st round pick, nor do I envision him being a guy that Buffalo would target.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Care to give us the Bills picks at least?

Tremaine Edmunds and Jaire Alexander

• Sad 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

Changing defenses, lost their best pass rusher, other DE suspended for ped's, might be losing OBJ. I don't think they can afford to turn down all of those picks to get a player that will sit on the bench for 2 yrs and not help the team

Please be right.

We need to come away with one of the top 4 QB's.  If not, even though I love Tre White, the trade down last year was a huge mistake.  It only made sense to pass on Watson and Mahomes if we were going to use the picks to get our guy this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Agreed.  Especially with the OBj drama going on.  If they trade him, they may as well go full blown rebuild.  If they stay at 2 and don’t draft, it’ll be a huge mistake imo.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Just my opinion and how I see things at the moment, but I think the Giants only want Darnold (of the top QBs). They are going to wait until Cleveland picks. If #1 is Allen they will take Darnold. If #1 is Darnold they will trade out.

Or they know that we want him so they put it out there how much they want him to drive up the price