Buffalo Bills tweet about Lamar Jackson.

PIZ

7 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Let me know of this was already posted.

Very interesting. Maybe getting the Bills fanbase ready so they're not completely blindsided as a result of an NFL media who've basically been acting as if he's an afterthought?

• Like (+1) 2

I think it's more of just something to write about than anything else. There is four weeks until the draft, I envision more articles along these lines with different prospects.

Really, what else is there to talk about at this point for beat writers?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Is that a tweet or a retweet?

The Bills.......  not we at OBD.  

Oye. 

I think they are tweeting about an article and quoting it.  Not sure.  I'm not a tweeting expert though.

• Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

I, Lamar Jackson, take thee John from Riverside, to be my lawfully wedded wife.

I, Hedley Lamar, whilst I will be risking an almost-certain Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor.

1. Lamar does make sense to Buffalo based on history of the HC, GM, and OC. 
  2. He is likely obtainable at 12, Beane has stated many times he is not committed to moving up or down, so it would be foolish to assume Lamar would not be a strong consideration if we do stay at 12.   
  3. This was someone else's story, and Bills retweeted it like they do all kinds of Bills stories.

If anyone thinks that Lamar is not on their radar, I think they are grossly mistaken.  I am not saying thats the Bills target, but its quite possible, especially if 3 or 4 QB's go fast, they will strongly consider drafting Lamar.  

At the same time, anyone over analyzing the Bills retweet as some sort of signal is also grossly mistaken.  They simply shared an article like they do all the time where the Bills were being discussed.  I mean the Bills have literally been linked to all of the top 6 QB's, including Mason, a bunch of times.  To take any one version as some sort of hint or gospel would be misguided.  

Right now, its pretty safe to say that the Bills clearly have a lot of options that include various move ups, staying put, or even moving down from 12.  I would not expect ANY move by the Bills until draft night, even Beane has said he would not make a costly move up unless they were sure their player was there they were doing it for.  I very much doubt the Bills trade again prior to draft night unless it was to #1 or maybe #2.  But I dont think the Giants are going to trade out of #2 until they know for sure how the Browns are taking #1.  

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I think they are tweeting about an article and quoting it.  Not sure.  I'm not a tweeting expert though.

Tweet is a language all its own. 

Trying to figure it out sometimes is as hard as trying to figure out a hip hop/rap song, IE: odd name of song, then writer, several performers, featuring someone? who?, sampling, etc etc........