Buffalo Bills tweet about Lamar Jackson.

PIZ

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I swear to christ sometimes I want the bills to pull a kevin costner and trade to 1 and take Lamar Jackson just to watch the epic meltdown of you chosen few on the board....

Seriously

"Lamar Jackson.....no matter what"

It will be EPIC!! I can't wait to listen to WGR in the morning!! 

I'd love to hear Brad Riter's take on the subject

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I swear to christ sometimes I want the bills to pull a kevin costner and trade to 1 and take Lamar Jackson just to watch the epic meltdown of you chosen few on the board....

Seriously

23 minutes ago, the skycap said:

It will be EPIC!! I can't wait to listen to WGR in the morning!! 

I'd love to hear Brad Riter's take on the subject

Why? So we can be a sh*tty team for another 3 years, start a new drought, then have to start from scratch once again?

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills benched familiar and traded it for a 3rd. If this QB is familiar then please don't waste the pick. I want the Bills to be familiar with a guy that can lead the offense to frequent 21+ point games. 

Edited by Lfod

3 hours ago, PIZ said:

Let me know of this was already posted.

It seems like the qb comparisons are rather broad here.... saying mcnabb and cam - and then grouping them w tyrod and Jackson. I get the common thread, but two I'd love and two I want nothing to do with...

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:
  1. Lamar does make sense to Buffalo based on history of the HC, GM, and OC. 
  2. He is likely obtainable at 12, Beane has stated many times he is not committed to moving up or down, so it would be foolish to assume Lamar would not be a strong consideration if we do stay at 12.   
  3. This was someone else's story, and Bills retweeted it like they do all kinds of Bills stories.

If anyone thinks that Lamar is not on their radar, I think they are grossly mistaken.  I am not saying thats the Bills target, but its quite possible, especially if 3 or 4 QB's go fast, they will strongly consider drafting Lamar.  

At the same time, anyone over analyzing the Bills retweet as some sort of signal is also grossly mistaken.  They simply shared an article like they do all the time where the Bills were being discussed.  I mean the Bills have literally been linked to all of the top 6 QB's, including Mason, a bunch of times.  To take any one version as some sort of hint or gospel would be misguided.  

Right now, its pretty safe to say that the Bills clearly have a lot of options that include various move ups, staying put, or even moving down from 12.  I would not expect ANY move by the Bills until draft night, even Beane has said he would not make a costly move up unless they were sure their player was there they were doing it for.  I very much doubt the Bills trade again prior to draft night unless it was to #1 or maybe #2.  But I dont think the Giants are going to trade out of #2 until they know for sure how the Browns are taking #1.  

He is in the draft afterall....

But seriously,  no one knows anything and expecting anything is silly and just sets up heart break. Hopes and dreams... now that's ok

Edited by gobills1212

The horse that is Lamar Jackson has been beaten to death, turned over, beaten some more, drawn, quartered, burned, and the ashes have been put into an urn. Let it go. There's no other earthly way possible to spin it. The people hanging from his jock strap will continue to hang and the people who think he is going to be a sh*tty NFL QB will continue to pray it's on another team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

The horse that is Lamar Jackson has been beaten to death, turned over, beaten some more, drawn, quartered, burned, and the ashes have been put into an urn. Let it go. There's no other earthly way possible to spin it. The people hanging from his jock strap will continue to hang and the people who think he is going to be a sh*tty NFL QB will continue to pray it's on another team. 

Back from the dead!! Like Freddy and Jason!! He's gonna be yours and opposing teams nightmare!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Seriously

Is that really what you want you pancake eating mother#$@&er!!

The Bills should be familiar with the kind of player Lamar Jackson can become.

After 3 seasons of the Tyrod,  I think they know very well what the end result is, no thanks

Edited by xRUSHx

5 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

Very interesting. Maybe getting the Bills fanbase ready so they're not completely blindsided as a result of an NFL media who've basically been acting as if he's an afterthought?

Interesting perspective, and probably not far off. I highly doubt drafting Jackson at 12 is plan A, but it's certainly a possibility, depending on how the draft shakes out. 

But this is the time of year that a team in the position that the Bills are in wants this kind of speculation put out there. Keep as many people guessing as possible, about as many things as possible.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

36 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

The Bills should be familiar with the kind of player Lamar Jackson can become.

After 3 seasons of the Tyrod,  I think they know very well what the end result is, no thanks

We all know about your endless Tyrod crusades, but tell us exactly how Jackson compares, as a passer.

3 hours ago, the skycap said:

Official Bills website 

It's basically the Bills relaying a message from Bleacher Report about one guy's opinion on best fits for each QB. In the article, it does reference a quote from McDermott on his familiarity with those type of QBs, the positive and negatives (McNabb, Newton, Taylor).

@Alphadawg7 said it best.

• Like (+1) 1