Odell Beckham says he won’t step on the field without a new contract

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

That's fine... But he actually has little to no leverage. If he doesn't show up and play, he won't use up this year of the contract, still be under contract with NYG, and have wasted a year in his prime.

It's like playing chicken with a  freight train: it won't give up, flinch, or stop. You either give in or get run over.

He just needs to show up by I believe week 10.  Coming back to play that last part of the season will give him enough to use up that last year on his contract. 

I think he holds a lot of the leverage because he knows that some team will make him the highest paid WR if the Giants won’t.  If the Giants are no longer willing to do that (I wouldn’t blame them if they aren’t) their best bet is to trade him. 

I hope that whoever signs him is smart enough to put a bunch of behavioral clauses in there. 

14 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

He just needs to show up by I believe week 10.  Coming back to play that last part of the season will give him enough to use up that last year on his contract. 

I think he holds a lot of the leverage because he knows that some team will make him the highest paid WR if the Giants won’t.  If the Giants are no longer willing to do that (I wouldn’t blame them if they aren’t) their best bet is to trade him. 

I hope that whoever signs him is smart enough to put a bunch of behavioral clauses in there. 

Yes I think you are right about week 10, but he said he wouldn't "step on the field" without a new deal. That would be 6 weeks of doing what he said he wouldn't

That doesn't mean I believe he won't do it, as I don't trust anything he says, or just about any other player for that matter.

I still don't think that gives him leverage. He's not worth what he wants, and just because somebody will pay him that doesn't mean it should be the Giants. Personally, you give an ultimatum, and you have exactly ZERO chance of getting what you want. Giants should not negotiate with terrorists. He entered a contract, and instead of being an entitled douchebag he should just live up to the document he signed. 

I wouldn't sign him anyway. Some people are just not mature enough to make decent decisions. I believe he fits that category.

3 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

That's fine... But he actually has little to no leverage. If he doesn't show up and play, he won't use up this year of the contract, still be under contract with NYG, and have wasted a year in his prime.

It's like playing chicken with a  freight train: it won't give up, flinch, or stop. You either give in or get run over.

LOL Guarantee he will report by week 10 or is it 11 to get credit for the year.  

If I were an owner in the next CBA that would be one of the things I'd push back on,  Change it to week 5 report or you're out for the year.  Or even week 1, the NFL season is a full time thing these days, so you need to be here from day 1 or the year doesn't count. 

I'd offer them is, OK we'll no longer have Roger be judge and jury, but you need ot report week 1 to get credit for the season.   

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

What's funny is this guy has missed more time then Watkins. All I used to read was "glass this, glass that" and "we should have drafted OBJ". Dude is s straight up clown. So glad he does not play for the Bills. What kind of moron expects a huge contact after leaving the entire year when broken? Guy has missed 20 games over his first 4 years. Dude is a glass headcase.