Lamar Jackson at 22?

Lamer Jackson QB at pick 22 poll  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Lamar Jackson at 22? Please vote

• Yes! Good value and overlooked.
    • No! Not that high. He is Tyrod 2.0

3 minutes ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Given our past qb failures i think we should NOT draft up to get one. That means getting rid of the firsts and second rounders this year. Most would say the opposite but the failures have shown its luck of draw.

When have we taken a high 1st round QB in the last 20 years? Losman was 22. Manuel was 16. 

Losman was our 2nd choice. The 2013 draft class was awful.

So tired of this "we will :censored: it up so don't try mentality." Not trying has been proven to not work at all given the longest drought ever.

Edited by What a Tuel

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

I think he is one of the top 4.  I certainly want him over allen and even darnold as well.  Its Mayfield and Rosen then everyone else for me but Jackson is my next favorite.

Jackson over Darnold? 

See this is why the draft is maddening because there's probably a significant chance you're right.    It's almost a total crapshoot. 

26 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Doubt he’s there at 22

i am with you on this. this kid's talent might be too much for him to drop all the way to 22. i think even the teams with established aging vet QBs might be interested in taking a stab at this kid. not to mention the teams that are clearly looking to upgrade. 

15 hours ago, kdiggz said:

if they don't get one of the top 4 QB's then this is a huge failure by the McBeane admiinstration

Maybe THEIR top 4 is NOT your top 4. Ya know maybe full time paid professional staff have a "better" understanding of what would make a good/great NFL QB than Internet GMs. I wish (in some ways)  we had the first pick and grabbed our perfect match at QB.  However,  every QB in this draft has some flaws.  Also,  Jackson has run the most "pro ready" offense and called more audibles than anyone else in the 2018 draft.

Edited by aceman_16
Better grammar
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

if they don't get one of the top 4 QB's then this is a huge failure by the McBeane admiinstration

What If McBeane administration only likes 2 of the ( so called TOP 4 ) and both Cleveland and the Giants are not only not willing to trade down ( no matter the cost) but are also taking the only two QB’s that we’re willing to 

( give up the farm for ) 

1 minute ago, Putin said:

What If McBeane administration only likes 2 of the ( so called TOP 4 ) and both Cleveland and the Giants are not only not willing to trade down ( no matter the cost) but are also taking the only two QB’s that we’re willing to 

( give up the farm for ) 

Then they failed to get their guy. Everyone has a price and if they wouldn't pay that price then they better have a damn good plan for getting a QB from somewhere. 

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

In a year when so many teams need a QB, I don’t know how any of these prospects could get overlooked. 

Him being asked to try out as a WR says something to me 

Cordy Glenn was a guard too. 

He is being overlooked simply because he doesn't have a human hype machine (aka agent) constantly oversaturating the media about him like some guys. He has virtually the same strengths and weaknesses as Josh Allen, yet Allen is said to be the guy with "highest possible upside" while Jackson should "be a WR". 

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

Maybe THEIR top 4 is NOT your top 4. Ya know maybe full time paid professional staff have a "better" understanding of what would make a good/great NFL than Internet GMs. I wish (in some ways)  we had the first pick and grabbed our perfect match at QB.  However,  every QB in this draft has some flaws.  Also,  Jackson has run the most "pro ready" offense and called more audibles than everyone else in the 2018 draft.

that would be an innaccurate assumption. i work with plenty of "professionals" where i work too and i'm surprised some of them can tie their shoes.  if these guys are so smart then why haven't we had a franchise QB since Jim Kelly?  i'm talking the Bills front office in general over the years, not the current one, but we have heard the same kinds of arguments for many years now.  "they are the professionals, they know more than you."  sorry but I would have accurately selected many franchise QB's over the years.  you have to be willing to just go for it when you see one.  i'd argue that being professionals gives them a disadvantage because they are scared they will be wrong and lose their jobs.  fear is a powerful factor at play here.  you are gambling with your career and the livelihood of your staff and their families.  scary stuff

• Like (+1) 1

I fail to see what throws Josh Allen can make that Lamar Jackson can't. Allen is being hyped as the next Carson Wentz and Jackson is being downplayed to a Tyrod Taylor clone. Jackson to me represents good value at 12. I see more risk in Allen to say nothing of the differences in the level of competition  they faced.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Miami take him at 11 if they can't get Baker.

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

In a year when so many teams need a QB, I don’t know how any of these prospects could get overlooked. 

Him being asked to try out as a WR says something to me 

Personally, with our current depth chart at WR, I wouldn't mind taking him as our "QB of the future" but using him as a rookie in a WR / wildcat role.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Then they failed to get their guy. Everyone has a price and if they wouldn't pay that price then they better have a damn good plan for getting a QB from somewhere. 

I don’t think Cleveland is moving out of the 1st , ( even if they wanted too ) 0-16 season without a quality starting QB , they could have gotten Carson Wentz and traded out of the 2nd ! The go 0-16 and now trade out of the 1st when they can have the pick of the litter??

I know it’s Cleveland but c’mon man !!!

1 minute ago, Putin said:

I don’t think Cleveland is moving out of the 1st , ( even if they wanted too ) 0-16 season without a quality starting QB , they could have gotten Carson Wentz and traded out of the 2nd ! The go 0-16 and now trade out of the 1st when they can have the pick of the litter??

I know it’s Cleveland but c’mon man !!!

I am thinking more the Giants, or the Colts when they had the opportunity. If they don't have a plan and now are relying on the Giants and can't get it done, then it was a very big failure to let the Jets jump ahead.

15 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Maybe THEIR top 4 is NOT your top 4. Ya know maybe full time paid professional staff have a "better" understanding of what would make a good/great NFL than Internet GMs. I wish (in some ways)  we had the first pick and grabbed our perfect match at QB.  However,  every QB in this draft has some flaws.  Also,  Jackson has run the most "pro ready" offense and called more audibles than everyone else in the 2018 draft.

It’s pretty much a consensus who the top 4/5 are.  There’s no secrect really.  The only difference might be how some teams rank them but there’s clearly a cosensus top 4/5 guys.  

49 minutes ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Sounds like Rudolph in the second might be a better value.

we need a franchise QB. With all due respect, we don't need a QB in the 2nd based on perceived "value"