Lamar Jackson at 22?

Lamer Jackson QB at pick 22 poll  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Lamar Jackson at 22? Please vote

• Yes! Good value and overlooked.
    • No! Not that high. He is Tyrod 2.0

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

sorry but I would have accurately selected many franchise QB's over the years.  you have to be willing to just go for it when you see one.  

<_<

So, who are this year's franchise QBs, Swami?  

If you are so sure, why would any other team trade with us?  As far as I could tell, Browns and Jets need a QB; a good case could be made that Eli might only have one more year with the Giants, Denver wouldn't be shy, etc. 

It's what I love about sports, political and economic punditry, there is no accountability, no consequences. For each front office, their very livelihood is on the line, that's a pretty good incentive to do what they  believe is right.  

As for me, I have faith that McBeane will do what's best for the team and will reserve judgement until the end of next season.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

if they don't get one of the top 4 QB's then this is a huge failure by the McBeane admiinstration

You don’t think Jackson is in the big 4? Wow. 

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dont overreach please!!!!!

Say no to Tyrod Taylor 2.0 

Just stop.  You repeatedly keep driving this narrative when it’s so false.  

Edited by Rad Likes The Bills

I don't see this guy ever learning how to read a defense. I see him getting hit hard from running because he won't trust fitting throws into tight windows. I really want nothing to to with Jackson, I know he is going to be the type of QB that makes one read and takes off running. Waste of a 1st rd or 2 rd pick, I'm hoping the Jets take him at 3.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

38 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

<_<

So, who are this year's franchise QBs, Swami?  

If you are so sure, why would any other team trade with us?  As far as I could tell, Browns and Jets need a QB; a good case could be made that Eli might only have one more year with the Giants, Denver wouldn't be shy, etc. 

It's what I love about sports, political and economic punditry, there is no accountability, no consequences. For each front office, their very livelihood is on the line, that's a pretty good incentive to do what they  believe is right.  

As for me, I have faith that McBeane will do what's best for the team and will reserve judgement until the end of next season.  

Same reason Bills didn't go after Drew Brees when he left San Diego or trade up in the draft for Andrew Luck, Carson Wentz, Jameis Winston, etc etc. Everyone knows the stars when they see them so I'm not some swami or fortune teller, but they are scared to pull the trigger for whatever reason. Because they don't want to be wrong, feel like they have too many other holes on the roster, who knows. To me it's all about the QB. Josh Rosen is that guy this year. I've been saying it since 2016. Do whatever it takes to get him. They won't. In 5 yrs remember the crazy guy on the Bills forum that told you that and then look at whatever excuse the McBeanes give for not getting him and it will all make sense

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't see this guy ever learning how to read a defense. I see him getting hit hard from running because he won't trust fitting throws into tight windows. I really want nothing to to with Jackson, I know he is going to be the type of QB that makes one read and takes off running. Waste of a 1st rd or 2 rd pick, I'm hoping the Jets take him at 3.

Thats what an anonymous Clemson coach thinks.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2686554-lamar-jackson-has-no-shot-at-playing-in-the-nfl-says-acc-coach.amp.html

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

How would you compare to him to Kirk Cousins at Mich State ? 

Similar level prospect or worse ?

Truthfully, I don’t remember what Cousins was like at Michigan State. If I remember correctly, didn’t they run more of a pro style offense?

12 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I have watched so many games of all these QB's my head hurts. I don't see Beanie or McD picking Jackson so I'm not really worried. He is going to be the player that drops in this draft and will be the guy Kiper talks about after every pick. I would draft Falk, White, Litton, Lauretta and Rudolph over Jackson easily.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly, if that were the case and you really want him then just take him at 12. Don't play around. Get the guy you want.

This.

You don't mess around with the QB position. You don't take a QB in the first wound, regardless of pick number, just to take one. Taking a QB in the first round automatically comes with long term commitment (three years at minimum). So if you like a QB in the first round just take him with the first chance you have which for us it at #12.

29 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Truthfully, I don’t remember what Cousins was like at Michigan State. If I remember correctly, didn’t they run more of a pro style offense?

Idk, just remember he looked solid like Rudolph and people crapped on him over arm strength. 

5 hours ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Sounds like Rudolph in the second might be a better value.

This team needs a top notch QB and I dont think Rudolph is it imo. This isnt the time to bargain shop and hope. I think at 12 we take our guy and keep the rest of our picks. So many holes we need every pick right now.

4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

No more project QBs please.   

They are all projects to more or less of an extent.

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

This team needs a top notch QB and I dont think Rudolph is it imo. This isnt the time to bargain shop and hope. I think at 12 we take our guy and keep the rest of our picks. So many holes we need every pick right now.

I'm not sure that Rudolph won't be better than Jackson or Allen.  I like Mayfield a lot, but I don't think he will be available at 12.  If he is on the board after Denver's pick, I hope that they can swing a deal to move up for him, but I wouldn't give up 12,22, and next year's 1st to move to 6 for him.  If they could get to 6 for 12, 53 and 96, I would do that.