TSW Mock Trade Draft vs Actual

Virgil

15 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

maybe he's still finalizing his draft board...staying awake 24/7 since Friday compiling data

Because you’re a true patriot sir 

Edited by Virgil

48 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Rams are milking the clock.

He is on a vacation from the boards I guess. Why would anyone say ok to do the draft if they won't be on for it come time to pick? 

20 hours ago, Virgil said:

This thing might hit a lull. Next owner hasn’t been on since Friday 

Maybe it's time to replace him to get this done. I nominate you to just make a pick to move this along. JMO

Edited by xRUSHx

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So that settles the question of whether or not they had till a certain day, or only a 24 hour period. 

I made a call. He hasn’t logged in since Friday evening.  I tried to PM him twice as well.  

Everyone seemed like they wanted to move 

Just now, Blokestradamus said:

@Virgil - are we just sticking to the one round with this?

I figured I would see what everyone wanted to do. I’m all for the “no-trade” mock with a 6 hour time limit. That way everyone has to check in daily 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

I figured I would see what everyone wanted to do. I’m all for the “no-trade” mock with a 6 hour time limit. That way everyone has to check in daily 

I'm cool with that. Honestly, I just wanted to get an idea of whether or not to attempt to get back into the 1st :D

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

haha I wanted to call out someone, and the trade up for a guard was my uneducated target to slam. Scared of that Eagles rush huh?

I mean, we traded back 4 spots, picked up a 3rd and got a really good G that can play tackle in case of an injury.

Gotta prepare to win the division. Fletcher Cox, meet my pals Mr Wynn & Mr Scherff.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I mean, we traded back 4 spots, picked up a 3rd and got a really good G that can play tackle in case of an injury.

Gotta prepare to win the division. Fletcher Cox, meet my pals Mr Wynn & Mr Scherff.

Best of luck 'Skins

With the 28th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers pick.....

Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph 

That puts the Jags on the clock...

There is interest between the Steelers and Rudolph, and if he is available at No. 28 there will be some serious consideration being done whether they pull the trigger on the move.

If the organization feels he is the future at the quarterback position, making the move makes a lot of sense. He could learn behind Roethlisberger becoming more polished, and hopefully ready to take over when Roethlisberger is ready to call it a career. Doing so would help build the quarterback bridge from one great quarterback to the next in line. Something the team didn’t do after Terry Bradshaw hung up the cleats, but could have by drafting Dan Marino in 1983.

While many would consider this draft pick frivolous, considering the other team needs, the long-term success of the franchise has to weigh into the equation, and Rudolph could be a large part of that success.

Rudolph isn’t drawing comparisons for nothing. His senior year, the QB threw for 4,904 yards, 37 touchdowns and only nine interceptions. Playing in a pass-heavy offense, Rudolph is no stranger to responsibility, and would play with less weight on his shoulders in an offense filled with talent like Antonio Brown, JuJu Smith-Schuster and Le’Veon Bell.

This style of QB could easily translate into the Steelers offense and replacing Ben would be, at first take, simpler  then it seemed. Welcome to Pittsburgh Mason.

Jaguars are on the clock

@Batman1876

7 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

With the 28th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers pick.....

Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph 

That puts the Jags on the clock...

There is interest between the Steelers and Rudolph, and if he is available at No. 28 there will be some serious consideration being done whether they pull the trigger on the move.

If the organization feels he is the future at the quarterback position, making the move makes a lot of sense. He could learn behind Roethlisberger becoming more polished, and hopefully ready to take over when Roethlisberger is ready to call it a career. Doing so would help build the quarterback bridge from one great quarterback to the next in line. Something the team didn’t do after Terry Bradshaw hung up the cleats, but could have by drafting Dan Marino in 1983.

While many would consider this draft pick frivolous, considering the other team needs, the long-term success of the franchise has to weigh into the equation, and Rudolph could be a large part of that success.

Rudolph isn’t drawing comparisons for nothing. His senior year, the QB threw for 4,904 yards, 37 touchdowns and only nine interceptions. Playing in a pass-heavy offense, Rudolph is no stranger to responsibility, and would play with less weight on his shoulders in an offense filled with talent like Antonio Brown, JuJu Smith-Schuster and Le’Veon Bell.

This style of QB could easily translate into the Steelers offense and replacing Ben would be, at first take, simpler  then it seemed. Welcome to Pittsburgh Mason.

This might be the first pick I strongly disagree with. I think the Steelers are happy with Jones as their backup, maybe even heir apparent.