McCarron's Scar

Just now, BuffaloSol said:

Also has a rock solid body. Am I right Sky Diver!?!?

How well did that work for Brady Quinn? His body type is similar to Tom Brady,

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

i'll go out on a limb here and say this will have no impact on whether or not he is a good QB

It's a human interest story.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

How well did that work for Brady Quinn? His body type is similar to Tom Brady,

Don't act like you don't have a crush on him, we can all see it. Just don't let it get too weird.

Edited by BuffaloSol
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I am a huge UGA fan but always admired McCarron while he was at Tuscaloosa. I think he may pleasantly surprise some people as our bridge QB.

As an aside, remember how weirdly funny it was when Musburger was openly fawning over McCarron's wife during the national championship game? He was a borderline pervert during his lustful rant.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Don't act like you don't have a crush on him, we can all see it. Just don't let it get to weird.

Brady had a terrible body and was awful at the combine, and he turned out okay. Drafting a QB is an inexact science.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-tom-brady-was-really-really-bad-at-the-nfl-combine-in-2000/

Just now, major said:

Harry Potter had a scar too. Guess AJ is the chosen one we've been waiting for 

I went to school with a kid that got down to the last stage of the audition process for the role of Potter. Also, in Year 9, someone thought I looked like him and drew that !@#$ing scar on my head in permanent marker.

True stories!

14 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

You may have noticed the scar on McCarron's head. The left side of his face was caved in in a childhood accident.

He's a tough SOB and a fighter. No guarantee of his success here. but you have to love his spirit.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Tide-QB-Survived-Scary-Childhood-Accident-104863656

How long were you in labor with AJ? Was he a well behaved child? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Wondering how go from a human interest story to there. Odd,

A lot of interest

2 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I went to school with a kid that got down to the last stage of the audition process for the role of Potter. Also, in Year 9, someone thought I looked like him and drew that !@#$ing scar on my head in permanent marker.

True stories!

What could have been...

18 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

You may have noticed the scar on McCarron's head. The left side of his face was caved in in a childhood accident.

He's a tough SOB and a fighter. No guarantee of his success here. but you have to love his spirit.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Tide-QB-Survived-Scary-Childhood-Accident-104863656

I have had a few childhood accidents and have scars as well. Am I considered a tough SOB and fighter , too?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Back up QB. 

I like him quite a bit in the bridge/back up role. McCarron can be to us what Matt Moore is to Miami. He was absolutely a good addition (especially at that price). I don’t think that he solves the QB issue but am glad to have him.

6 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I have a scar on my forehead from an accident when I was a kid, am I also a tough SOB and a fighter? Or did I need to play football for Alabama too?

Me too. Crawled out of a 2nd floor window when I was less than 6 months old over safety rail.

I was a  tough SOB freshman on team and had a seizure and misdiagnosis as grand mal epilepsy ruined that part of my life.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I like him quite a bit in the bridge/back up role. McCarron can be to us what Matt Moore is to Miami. He was absolutely a good addition (especially at that price). I don’t think that he solves the QB issue but am glad to have him.

Yep I like him as BU more than Peterman. But that is exactly what he is a BU QB. There are alot here that think he is more 

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I think it is cool how doctors can reassemble people, who mostly should be dead, and have them turn out AOK.

for all we know they goofed up and he would have been a 1st round pick otherwise :blink:

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

i love it.  He's a tough SOB.  don't mind the haters here, they can't stand the idea that the Bills might have a QB

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

i love it.  He's a tough SOB.  don't mind the haters here, they can't stand the idea that the Bills might have a QB

Ha ha ha 

no they dont they have a BU. Still waitinf until the draft for their long term starter

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ha ha ha 

no they dont they have a BU. Still waitinf until the draft for their long term starter

did you just have a stroke?  maybe you should sit down

4 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

AJ's breath smells like warm cupcakes, his hands are strong and soft like Spanish leather, when AJ farts you'd swear that someone was trimming roses near by.

according to your mum, that's 100% true

25 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I have a scar on my forehead from an accident when I was a kid, am I also a tough SOB and a fighter? Or did I need to play football for Alabama too?

no you were just a dumb kid, nothing special about you.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Back up QB. 

Last year a backup QB led Minnesota to the playoffs and made the Pro Bowl.

Last year a backup QB won 7 straight games.
Last year a backup QB won the Super Bowl.

The greatest QB in the history of football was a backup that got a chance when the starter met Mo Lewis.
The third greatest QB in the history of football wasn't drafted as a starter; he was a backup.
The leader of the Greatest Show on Turf wasn't EVEN a backup.

Yeah ... so there's that.

Edited by Tyrod's friend

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

The greatest QB in the history of football was a backup that got a chance when the starter met Mo Lewis.
The third greatest QB in the history of football wasn't drafted as a starter; he was a backup.

He is a BU QB. Ceiling is Matt Moore (and that is fine). 

He couldnt even every beat out Andy Dalton (lol) and had absolutely zero market in UFA 

50 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

i feel as though you may have some sort of pre disposition to being a mccarron fan.....

as a result, you can have the position of conductor on the Mccarron hype train.

3 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I'm sold, lets try out all the bag boys at Wegmans one of them is bound to be the next Kurt Warner.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He couldnt even every beat out Andy Dalton (lol) and had absolutely zero market in UFA 

is it me, or does tyords friend have a thing for middle of the road former backup qbs?

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Go ahead and tell me how many starting QBs lose their job if they aren't injured. Especially if that QB was drafted in the first round.

I'll wait.