Dan Patrick: Bills have called Browns about #1 pick

42 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Is there a reason to consider Mr. Charles Zambito as credible?

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 2.24.22 PM.png

I posted this response to a question. The tweet has profanity in it. Mods, please feel free to delete the message if you want. I'm not trying to circumvent the language rules. 

Edited by ndirish1978

If I was a GM I can't imagine what it would take for me to move out of the #1 overall pick, unless it was to drop to 2 or 3.

You have your choice of any player in the draft. You find the guy you absolutely love and think is a perennial pro bowl type talent, and all you do is show up and fill out a card and he is on your team. That never happens outside of the draft.

No worries about competing with other teams, selling a guy, offering insane contracts... He's just a member of your team for 5 seasons, minimum.

"Bills moving up today" could also mean moving up to say... Tampa Bay's pick

That would get them to 7, which might make a trade to #2 possible.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Colin Cowherd ( I know, I know) had an interstng point on his show today. He said the NYG org is very conservative and even though they know they need a QB, they won’t take one of the top guys this year who are ready to play like Rosen because of the pressure it will put on Eli. The NYG hated the blowback they got last year from benching him with the media, Manning Family, etc. BUT there is no way in hell they will let the Jets draft Rosen. They would feel he would steal the spotlight, also a reference to his religion and NYC market and they refuse to compete with that for PSLs, corporate sponsorship,etc. He thinks they will trade the pick to another team who wants Rosen and come out looking like a rose with all of their picks, then take a non-threatening QB later to groom. Even if they don’t know the Jets want him, they will make sure it doesn’t happen.

Woody Johnson (trump supporter) will not take Rosen. I also think this does have merit wrt Eli...Let's go get theRosenone!

20 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I posted this response to a question. The tweet has profanity in it. Mods, please feel free to delete the message if you want. I'm not trying to circumvent the language rules. 

I'm not holding my breath.  

• Like (+1) 1

this new front office seems to really have a tight lip on what they are doing, that being said, I believe nothing until someone with the Bills says it or until its done.

[Breaking News]

I just got off the phone with my source and he told me he's 100% sure that the Bills will be making a selection in the first round of the draft.

I trust him 110% so you can bank on this information as being legit.

So here are a few things:

image.thumb.png.7d18982bc1d445169e3f8dff8a2da24c.png

image.thumb.png.67cba87d80bd4eb47ee6fc50dbf5a66f.png

image.thumb.png.f33d2859a3513843e57a07f02cc76cc7.png

Some more:

image.thumb.png.e306df484a631274a3ea3fc57d2cd773.png

image.thumb.png.3e4bee0d3de50d1c436b49b3956cc3cf.png

image.thumb.png.3b07f0c85f6ca3c14a446da3f0f6159a.png

image.thumb.png.d7f00aa43ded845a6b358c19d57c0ca7.png

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Oh so now he actually knows who they are going to draft? lol

Wait and see if they even trade up buddy before going crazy posting stuff

This is what I see now...

31 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Woody Johnson (trump supporter) will not take Rosen. I also think this does have merit wrt Eli...Let's go get theRosenone!

Maybe.  Maybe not.  I don't think that owners allow politics to affect their decisions involving players for the most part.  Ralph was a Democrat and the Bills have had a parade of Republican players come through Buffalo.  Kemp and Smerlas were perhaps the most vocal of that group.  There are of course exceptions but for the most part professional sports leagues are not run by the Archie Bunkers of the world.  Anyways, i would not rule out the Jets taking Rosen other than using metrics applied to Rosen's skill set.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Maybe.  Maybe not.  I don't think that owners allow politics to affect their decisions involving players for the most part.  Ralph was a Democrat and the Bills have had a parade of Republican players come through Buffalo.  Kemp and Smerlas were perhaps the most vocal of that group.  There are of course exceptions but for the most part professional sports leagues are not run by the Archie Bunkers of the world.  Anyways, i would not rule out the Jets taking Rosen other than using metrics applied to Rosen's skill set.

He wore and F- trump hat; Trump made Woody ambassador to the UK. How do you think the Jets will handle kneeling and all of the other stuff, which it appears Rosen supports...bad fit IMO regardless of talent.

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Hope its true.

The fact that he Tweeted Josh Rosen's name in Finnish leads me to think this is just some amateur trolling

He it's how twitter gets...I see and have tons of posts like that

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

He wore and F- trump hat; Trump made Woody ambassador to the UK. How do you think the Jets will handle kneeling and all of the other stuff, which it appears Rosen supports...bad fit IMO regardless of talent.

He it's how twitter gets...I see and have tons of posts like that

You seriously believe that the majority of owners will not have an issue if Rosen is that way once in the league.  No doubt Rosen's agent is telling Rosen to tamp all of that down unless he wants to fall far down in the draft.  Johnson being a Trump supporter is of minimal importance to the matter.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

LOL It's a random dude, but yeah he has a chance at it...

I also have a chance with 

image.jpeg.3b3c74703ba468a81dfc4ae9f7824e60.jpeg

Spot on hahaha.

Imitation through paradoy will get lost on some and undoubtedly some one will flame my overzealousness while it goes over their head. 

Shame on me for trying to entertain myself:)

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

You seriously believe that the majority of owners will not have an issue if Rosen is that way once in the league.  No doubt Rosen's agent is telling Rosen to tamp all of that down unless he wants to fall far down in the draft.  Johnson being a Trump supporter is of minimal importance to the matter.

Tell that to 

image.jpeg.fe2e8a4167a376c1a26b17e5fe6d7527.jpeg

Let's not forget about Jerry, the Mara's would also not put with a guy like Rosen IMO. I honestly think the Jets would work to avoid that as well also Ross in Miami. Can you imagine Rosen's views with the NYC media??

I think owners like Peg's (who are repubs. btw but aren't asshats), Mark Murphy, Paul Allen etc would be more fitting for a guy with his views. Does it affect him getting drafted by some of these teams = yup! Which I think benefits us...

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The supposes the trade with Houston was available at #10.  The story I hear and Peter King repeated on British TV was that the Texans had Watson as their #1 and Mahomes a close #2 (didn't like Trubisky at all according to him).  While both were there they were comfortable to wait.  

In your opinion did McD and Whaley exercise due diligence?

Beane is getting all kinds of credit for exercising due diligence and getting the best deal he could in trades involving Cordy and Tyrod.    Attention to detail matters.

If Houston knew that a QB was coming off the board and that they were going to immediately try to trade up as soon as one did..........why not trade up with Buffalo and get their guy?  It's not like they offered less for Clevelands pick.   The answer is that the Bills either hadn't had enough talks with Houston to know they were serious about moving up OR they foolishly projected the Chiefs to be the worse team...........or they simply made the deal with the guy that McD had coaching ties to.

In any event.......you project Andy Reid over Bill O'Brien every day and Alex Smith over Tom Savage every lifetime.   Even at the moment it happened it was a head scratcher.   It was poorly played by a lame duck GM and a HC who probably needed a more invested counter-balance like Beane to prevent him from taking one on the chin to help a mentor.   

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

I missed what his tweet was in response to. What does he mean “it’s happening”

15 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Tell that to 

image.jpeg.fe2e8a4167a376c1a26b17e5fe6d7527.jpeg

Let's not forget about Jerry, the Mara's would also not put with a guy like Rosen IMO. I honestly think the Jets would work to avoid that as well also Ross in Miami. Can you imagine Rosen's views with the NYC media??

I think owners like Peg's (who are repubs. btw but aren't asshats), Mark Murphy, Paul Allen etc would be more fitting for a guy with his views. Does it affect him getting drafted by some of these teams = yup! Which I think benefits us...

The reason that Kaep doesn't have a job is that he showed a greater interest in promoting his off-field agenda than in his on-field performance.  If Rosen does the same, then yes, teams will pass on him.

• Like (+1) 2