Dan Patrick: Bills have called Browns about #1 pick

I do not think the Browns are moving. I do think the Bills are determining market for the #1 now that the cost for #3 is locked in, to re-set on their offer for the #2 pick. 

Its the same thing they did in FA with the QBs. Beane straight up said that they made calls about QBs as due diligence on market with no intent on signing them. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

It's all part of the game right now. It's fun for us message board weirdo's and nothing else. 

Considering the short tenure/small body of work Bean has, I'm trusting his judgement more and more every day. Make the call and get some  of the other teams paranoid. Why not?

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Have to call and ask. Doesn't mean anything.

I agree, this just adds to the talk about Bills wanting to move up, pillow talk. They said they were calling teams about everyone and everything just to have knowledge on it. I would be very surprised if they moved up to 1 but would be extremely happy if they did considering we never are aggessive to get a top QB. It would be a dam miracle IMO.

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do not think the Browns are moving. I do think the Bills are determining market for the #1 now that the cost for #3 is locked in, to re-set on their offer for the #2 pick. 

Its the same thing they did in FA with the QBs. Beane straight up said that they made calls about QBs as due diligence on market with no intent on signing them. 

It makes sense.

If the Browns actually are open to business and want less than the Giants, it makes no sense to trade with the Giants.  I highly doubt the Browns and Giants are collaborating on prices of 1 vs 2.

I wish Sachi were running their draft, then all we'd have to give is #12 / 2019 1st / 5th round pick and Sachi would happily take Mason Rudolph at #12.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Just now, xRUSHx said:

I agree, this just adds to the talk about Bills wanting to move up, pillow talk. They said they were calling teams about everyone and everything just to have knowledge on it. I would be very surprised if they moved up to 1 but would be extremely happy if they did considering we never are aggessive to get a top QB. It would be a dam miracle IMO.

We have the assets. Get it done. They dumped cap, and we can fill holes in free agency next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Also, if Browns have all 4 QBs rated equally and they can get an RG3 type haul for 1, maybe it makes sense. 2 1st round picks for the next 3 years could appeal to Dorsey to start his GM tenure and he still gets 1 of the QBs at 4.

This assumes that they have 4 QBs rated equally.

I think at the very least the Browns would let us know what QB they would select if they stay there. If they are not picking our guy, Beane will trade up to number 2 and the Browns will get Barkley at 4. It is in the Browns best interest to have us trade up to number 2. 

• Like (+1) 2