Closest NFL comparison to Mason Rudolph... Tom Brady

7 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

since Brady is mentioned I will point the Tom brady that played at Michigan and showed up at the combine has a much different body then the one he had a few years later. 

how he got it there I will leave it up for each of you to decide 

Working out. If you are insinuating he got it by taking steroids I'd tell him he better go get his money back from wherever he got them from...

16 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the trade the farm for Rosen crowd feel pretty stupid in a few years. I don't see a sure thing among these qbs, or have a favorite. 

I agree with this.  Rosen doesn't do a thing for me at all.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

My comp for Rudolph is Derek Carr

Yep.  I have said that before as well.  Lot of similarities in my scouting reports on them both.  I am not normally big on "pro comparisons" but I know some people love them.... I just noticed my notes were really similar to those I made watching Carr.  

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is the most accurate intermediate thrower in the draft. I actually don't love his deep ball. He completed a high percentage of them but that many required receiver adjustments. The intermediate range throws are on time and on the money. Rudolph is the Quarterback from this class I have watched the most of because I am seemingly higher on him than most and that gave me pause to go back and re-check. I think the kid has legitimate chance to be a good NFL Quarterback. His ceiling is kind of Derek Carr / Eli Manning to me. His floor is someone like a Matt Moore. He is certainly not Tom Brady. I have him on the 1st / 2nd round borderline and I actually think given all the activity higher up the draft that is probably where he goes too. I'd say first 10 picks of day 2. 

It is funny that you have the exact opposite take of Sven233 even though he said he watched every one of Rudolph's games. You love his intermediate passes but not his deep ball and Sven said the reverse. Having seen your analysis of other QB's I will trust your opinion on this one.

16 hours ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

I was thinking Peter Brady

Is he the one that broke Marcia's nose with the football?

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/18/2018 at 12:50 PM, McBean said:

I’ve been very high on Rudolph and would be happy if the Bills drafted him.

Take Ro’Quan at 12 and  Vander Esch at 21.Rudolph at 53.Best WR at 56, I like Gallup personally.

There, fixed it.

Edited by billsbackto81

On 3/18/2018 at 12:17 PM, Troll Toll said:

I finally got around to watching Mason Rudolph and the parallels are jaw dropping. He looks like a Brady clone from every angle, strengths/weaknesses/physical stature and ability. I hate Brady, I’ve argued ad nauseum that he is a system QB. I’ve felt that Brady would have sucked under past Bills coaching regimes.

That said, the Bills now have DaBoll who you could consider a Bellicheck disciple. My bold prediction is that Rudolph lands on either the Bills or Patriots.

Before you call me crazy, check him out and observe the following:

1. Movement in the pocket. The similarity is uncanny, no other QB in the NFL manipulates the pocket like Brady. This was the first thing I noticed with Rudolph.

2. Vision and anticipation. He utilizes the entire field, finding receivers in the back of the endzone and all over the intermediate depths of the field.

3. Poise in the pocket and footwork.

4. Manipulating one-on-one matchups.  He is able to work defenders in one-on-ones with his receivers into poor leverage prior to the throw and then deliver the throw to the place that gives his receiver the best chance of catching it.

5. Usage of pump fakes and looking off the defense.

6. Varies his throws based on the skillsets of his receivers. For instance, he throws softer to guys with problematic hands.

7. Performed really well without very good receivers.

8. Works the officials for calls and skillfully draws PI calls.

His weaknesses mirror Brady. He doesn’t have top end arm strength and his accuracy can be spotty at times due to making anticipation based throws. Sometimes he lets the ball hang in the air a little too long. He is not a runner. His patience in the pocket can get the best of him on occasion.

He’s basically the same height and even has similar facial features, it is really eerie.

I assumed since many had him as the sixth best QB behind guys like Josh Allen and Jackson that he would be basically a guaranteed bust. Now I think he’ll wind up being the best QB in the class if he lands in the right system.

Sweet- we can grab him in the sixth. Great value 

• Like (+1) 1