3-19: UFA LB Will Compton Visiting the Bills - Signs with Titans

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's weird. Wiki says that their figures are from the 2012 combine but the combine site doesn't list Will Compton in 2012 or 2013. NFLDraftScout also doesn't list a 3-cone drill for Compton.

I have serious questions.

Especially as I went through this thread and found this:

He doesn't list a link either. I'd have to have some more linkage, from whoever, on this before believing anything.

EDIT: Just checked the official NFL Combine site. They list three Comptons in their history, Tom, Mike and Gary.

http://nflcombineresults.com/psearch.php?nm=Compton

Anyone can put anything on wiki. I use it sometimes but if there's a question I certainly don't trust them unreservedly.

Look it up yourself. Its on a nebraska cornhuskers media. He did not attend combine , numbers are from pro day

11 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Well that's simply untrue.

You have guys like Edmunds, Smith, Evans, and LVE that are round 1 talents. Then you've got D Leonard, M Jefferson, and J Baker that are day 2 prospects who could potentially start as rookies. Then there's the day 3 sub package guys, like Jewell, who is very likely a guy that could carve out a role and play for a long time. There's more than a handful of those

And you're still missing the point 

You don't need an elite LB group. You need 3-4 guys that can get it done in a platoon fashion 

Solid points.I think this staff and management is looking for depth and rotation,especially on the defensive side...fresh bodies on the field and as we all know.injuries happen.

took his physical with the Bills.  must mean he's signing

Mike Rodak Retweeted Will Compton

If your day was not complete without the full details of Will Compton’s physical with the Bills, well, you’re in luck.

Mike Rodak added,

Will ComptonVerified account @_willcompton
The “turn and cough” method never gets any more comfortable during your physical, fellas
0 replies0 retweets2 likes

Retw

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 3-19: UFA LB Will Compton Visiting the Bills
3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

took his physical with the Bills.  must mean he's signing

Mike Rodak Retweeted Will Compton

If your day was not complete without the full details of Will Compton’s physical with the Bills, well, you’re in luck.

Mike Rodak added,

Will ComptonVerified account @_willcompton
The “turn and cough” method never gets any more comfortable during your physical, fellas
0 replies0 retweets2 likes

Retw

I was gonna ask, this usually means a signing is imminent? Like they don't take physicals before agreeing to terms no? 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I was gonna ask, this usually means a signing is imminent? Like they don't take physicals before agreeing to terms no? 

if he's taking the physical it means that the agent feels comfortable that the deal is in place or at least the correct ballpark and the team is ready to move forward pending a physical

Just now, kdiggz said:

it's like doing an inspection on a house.  you want the house, you made an acceptable offer, let's have a professional check it out and make sure it's in good shape before you make a financial commitment 

Unless you're Doug Whaley and Shaq Lawson....

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

For a guy coming off multiple injuries, it could mean a couple things.  They may want to see his health before they even deal with negotiating.

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

For a guy coming off multiple injuries, it could mean a couple things.  They may want to see his health before they even deal with negotiating.

yea but if you are his agent you are saying i'm not subjecting my client to poking and prodding unless we know you are ready to offer what we want if he checks out

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

yea but if you are his agent you are saying i'm not subjecting my client to poking and prodding unless we know you are ready to offer what we want if he checks out

Happens all the time.  The Bills bring about 5 players in a week during the season for physicals and workouts.  Most are not signed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Was he the starter before the skins got Z. Brown?

He was the starter at ILB and then Brown took his spot. His best year was 2016 I believe. Compton is on teh smaller side and struggled being inside in a 3-4. I think he will do better inside in a 4-3. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

I hope we have good doctors. We seem to be going after guys with significant injury histories.

..started to think it was just me... seem like McBeane looks at guys "coming off injuries"......Gaines trade (2017), re-signs Streater, Deadskins' Murphy, Vontae Davis, this Compton kid, etc......good strategy or no?...........

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..started to think it was just me... seem like McBeane looks at guys "coming off injuries"......Gaines trade (2017), re-signs Streater, Deadskins' Murphy, Vontae Davis, this Compton kid, etc......good strategy or no?...........

Let's remember what the media said about us when we drafted Thurman.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Let's remember what the media said about us when we drafted Thurman.

...definitely remember Thurmal......but he was a rook draftee versus these guys in the NFL for 5+ years and taking a beating at this level.....STILL remember the cutaway shots on Draft Day to him agonizing during "the wait"...and to think Barry Sanders was his back up...now that's my kind of RB stable..........

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

7 pages on THIS guy?

• Compton led the team in total missed tackles, gave up the most yards per play among Washington’s inside linebackers on his team, and allowed the highest completion percentage on plays into his coverage. - PFF

I would take him as second stringer. Would be a good leader on team. Minter as well take him. Variety LBS can do things and maybe a LB in draft as well.