Who is the better bridge qb Tyrod or AJ McCarron?

Getting a 3rd for Taylor was a great move by Beane. When Taylor first came to the Bills, he had hardly played at all. At least McCarron has a little bit of starting experience and is not afraid to throw the ball. Nobody should expect McCarron to come in and light it up. The Bills will get their QB in the draft. The Bills may take a step backwards until that rookie can show he can play. Building for the future. 

I agree with others that since they're building for the future, McCarron plus the draft pick plus the lower cap hit is the way to go.   On top of that, Taylor's upside is pretty clear; McCarron's isn't.   So there's a chance, slim though it may be, that McCarron could become your long-term solution. 

Moreover, by reducing the cap hit, etc., Bills may have left themselves in a position to force the Eagles to lower their price for Foles.  

Just now, longtimebillsfan said:

I am hoping for Rosen, but that topic has already been debated.

true that,

Allen kid is loaded with raw talent and can make throws no other QB in the top 5 can make in my humble opinion.

Kid needs to be groomed...

1 minute ago, Figster said:

true that,

Allen kid is loaded with raw talent and can make throws no other QB in the top 5 can make in my humble opinion.

Kid needs to be groomed...

He needs to be shaved an let it all regrow ?

I like his ceiling, I wouldn't be upset with him.

• Haha (+1) 1

McCarron, imo.  Younger, cheaper, better measureables and a better/more refined thrower from the pocket.  A "bridge" guy is someone you throw out there not to lose you a game.  Execute the gameplan and hit the easy throws.  I think either of these two can do that, but as stated above, McCarron is younger and cheaper.

21 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

No one knows. Mccarron is an unknown, that always excites people. 

and it spoke volumes that the fanbase wanted Tyrod on an ice floe without a backout

that's how it goes

29 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Now that we have our "Bridge "QB, I got to thinking, did we trade Tyrod too soon?  I , for one, am glad that we signed AJ McCarron.  I am not a Tyrod hatter, but I can understand that McBeane wanted to move on from the Wrex experiment.  But  given the limited experience of McCarron and the fact that Tyrod did enough (with some luck) to get the bills to the playoffs, should we have kept TT as our Bridge?

Who cares?  Thank the Lord that the Tyrod experiment is over in Buffalo.  Let the coaches and the front office do their job.  They clearly have said Tyrod is not the guy.  Wish him well in Cleveland.

If AJ can be that guy he showed in his few starts, AJ all day. That guy on this team would blow our minds and make it hard for the coaches to make the transition to the rookie. That said, I think TT will be a great fit for Cleveland. I think Hue will know how to get the most out of him, not trying to squeeze him into a pocket guy. Draft Barkley 1st overall and have the nastiest backfield (Barkley/Hyde/TT) in the league.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Who cares?  Thank the Lord that the Tyrod experiment is over in Buffalo.  Let the coaches and the front office do their job.  They clearly have said Tyrod is not the guy.  Wish him well in Cleveland.

It really boils down to what guy fits your style coaching, system,  and supporting cast so there really is no right or wrong answer in my humble opinion BuffaloBill.

McCarron with this contract because it makes it that much easier for a rookie we draft to start at any point, including potentially week 1 in 2018.

We got McCarron for less than 1/3rd of the price of what Taylor would have cost us this year.

We have a great QB situation for a 1st round rookie to come in and compete against some legit competition rather than a JAG like Savage or Moore so that if the rookie wins the job out the gate, we have a really good backup QB.

Win win :thumbsup:

• Sad 1