First 4 Picks Prediction

Rockee96

7 hours ago, Rockee96 said:

1. Cleveland - Darnold or Mayfield

2. Giants - Saquon Barkley

3. Colts - Bradley Chubb

4. Bill - Darnold or Mayfied (whichever QB Cleveland does not draft)

Thoughts? Would you be okay with this?

1 - Browns - Barkley

2 - Bills - Rosen

3 - NYJ - Darnold

4 - Browns - Allen

I think this plays out and Cleveland is destroyed because they did not get their guy in Darnold.

8 hours ago, Rockee96 said:

1. Cleveland - Darnold or Mayfield

2. Giants - Saquon Barkley

3. Colts - Bradley Chubb

4. Bill - Darnold or Mayfied (whichever QB Cleveland does not draft)

Thoughts? Would you be okay with this?

The Bills need to move up to 2 to get the qb. At 4, they will be out of luck.

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

1. CLE - Barkley

2. CLE   Darnold ( from NYG) 

3. IND - Chubb

4  BUF   Mayfield  ( from NYG) 

This right here is what I am thinking, and I could see us taking either Rosen or Mayfield, and would honestly be fine with either...I'll trust the FO and the process.

Makes sense from the Giants point of view, and the Browns point of view. Browns want the first two picks to guarantee best player in the draft (Barkley) and their future QB and they have the ammo to move up those two spots. Giants trade down once and pick up an extra 3rd rounder, trade down with us again and pick up a couple more 2's and 3's and we get to keep our other first rounder (22) and don't have to dip into next year. 

We pick 4 and 22.

Browns pick 1 and 2 and still have many draft assets.

Giants pick number 12 and now have 2-3 2's and 3's to rebuild their team. Can even still take their QB of the future at 12 (Allen possibly). 

Edited by PaattMaann

33 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

except in the world of many mock drafts and nfl scouts

There is ther difference between being an elite, top, blue chip player in real life from being mocked in the top 4 by random mock drafters.

I haven't seen anyone who watches film touting Mayfield as one of their top 4 most talented players in the draft.

If you are the Bills you want Cleveland to draft a QB (Allen or Darnold) with their first pick.  Because if that happens then the odds of the Giants staying put at #2 goes up a bunch because they most likely will draft Barkley meaning that the Bills could trade with the Colts to get their guy if they believe Rosen is the one.

If Cleveland drafts Barkley with the first pick then the Giants most likely will end up trading out of their pick and the Bills will have to give up more to get Rosen, if he indeed is the one.

If Mayfield is their guy, then you gotta believe that the Giants are no longer the trade partner and either the Colts or Browns would be their suitors.   It's going to be interesting.

56 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

except in the world of many mock drafts and nfl scouts

If the drafting of Peterman and trade of  Cardale tells us anything and along with trade of Tyrod, it's that we like non sandlot guys. That tells me our eyes are on Rosen or if can't land him than Darnold. 

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

can't say for sure but i've a hunch the play is for Allen.

Most experts know that Allen needs a bunch of work and is in no way a day one starter so if our scouts can not see that and the Bills move up to the top 4 for Allen a QB that will have to sit 2 years all the scouts need to be fired. 

Move to the top 4 for Darnold,Rosen or Mayfield anybody else and all this moving up is a big fail IMO

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

BUT if they are going to take Allen at 4, they can STILL take Allen in a trade down 1 spot with Broncos or 2 spots with Jets if the draft fell the way I listed ahead of the 4th pick.  So would be smarter to pick up more picks to get the same guy they would take at 4

Do you really think that Darnold won't be taken at #1?

I sure have been wrong before but I can't see this happening under any circumstances.

Jmo.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Do you really think that Darnold won't be taken at #1?

I sure have been wrong before but I can't see this happening under any circumstances.

Jmo.

Actually I dont expect Darnold to go #1 at all, he's. not even the top QB on my board nor do I believe he is the top QB on most teams boards.  

I came into the CFB season drooling about Darnold...thought he was the slam dunk #1 overall pick.  I live in LA and watched every game...and let me tell you he left you each game with more head scratching moments than wow moments.  I cant remember a single game watching him where I said he's the clear #1 overall pick outside of my biased opinion early in the season based on my love from the year before.  

Not saying he's a bad pick, and yes he certainly can still go #1 overall, but I think he is far from a lock at this point to go first.  And honestly, not throwing at the combine opened the door for Mayfield and Allen to potential leap frog ahead of him.  Prior to the combine it was Rosen or Darnold and was gonna be just about which team preferred which guy.  But Allen wowed at the combine and Baker showed you more of what you either love or hate about him.  Darnold not throwing is a sign of weakness considering he wasn't hurt, the top 4 or 5 QB's are closely grouped, and everyone else threw.  

If I am a GM, I want the guy that wants to stand their with his peers and PROVE he is the top QB on the board, not let them show off and play it safe at home in better controlled conditions.  

Again, TOTALLY plausible he goes #1, I just dont think it will happen.  He might still be there first QB off the board also, but I think Cleveland is either going Barkley (which I would do, then take a QB at 4, who I would want Mayfield personally) or they may just take Allen #1.  

In another thread, I suggested Cleveland may actually prefer Lamar...and thats just my hunch based on trying to understand why they over paid for Tyrod and a QB rich Free Agency.  Is it to be a better scheme fit as a bridge to Lamar?  Only takes one team to fall in love with his potential, and I have to admit having Barkley and Lamar in the same backfield is something some OC's probably get excited about.  

All just my 2 cents too of course...