Josh’s Allen thIs target

I swear to god...if after all this...all the trade positioning, all the hard work to get into the top 5...they pick ALLEN?!?!

I will be so, so disappointed. He is really the ONLY "big four" QB that would have me seriously depressed. Wasn't even the top QB in the Mountain West. Inaccurate as all get-out. Basically another EJ/JP. 

Please, PLEASE don't let it be Allen!

• Like (+1) 1

I think NFL people like Allen a lot more than we do, so I think he is going higher than people think. I also think NFL people like Mayfield a lot less than we do. And I think he goes a lot lower than we think. All said, I think we are targeting one of Rosen, Darnold, or Allen. My money is on Rosen. Allen needs a ton of work as does Darnold. But this regime may see Allen as the next Cam Newton, so who knows. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

I swear to god...if after all this...all the trade positioning, all the hard work to get into the top 5...they pick ALLEN?!?!

I will be so, so disappointed. He is really the ONLY "big four" QB that would have me seriously depressed. Wasn't even the top QB in the Mountain West. Inaccurate as all get-out. Basically another EJ/JP. 

Please, PLEASE don't let it be Allen!

This is EXACTLY what I came in this thread to post.

Allen is a going to be the next huge QB bust, which sucks for him because he belongs nowhere near the first round conversation, but he keeps getting rammed down everyone's throats to the point that he could go top-10.

I admit, aggressively trading up and taking a probable bust would be a Billsy thing to do. I think Beane knows better.

• Like (+1) 1

I worry about accuracy with Allen.

IMO my draft strategy would be to find the most accurate passer. Then, as long as arm strength was good and the guy excelled in the interviews I would be sold.

You can work on getting the arm a bit stronger, and you can teach your system. Accuracy, "football smarts" and a burning desire to win have to come with the player.

21 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

You guys have the firepower to move up. Nobody else can do it. These teams want picks this year and colts giants and browns would be foolish not to take 12 and 22 and another pick to fall back 8-10 picks

Browns should still draft a QB

There is a better chance its Allen than it is Mayfeild.  Still think its either Darnold or Rosen.  Allen is the x factor.  By getting Taylor Cleveland may be ok with him starting a year while Allen adjusts.  

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

I think NFL people like Allen a lot more than we do, so I think he is going higher than people think. I also think NFL people like Mayfield a lot less than we do. And I think he goes a lot lower than we think. All said, I think we are targeting one of Rosen, Darnold, or Allen. My money is on Rosen. Allen needs a ton of work as does Darnold. But this regime may see Allen as the next Cam Newton, so who knows. 

This definitely seems to be the case.  Every evaluator I have seen has Allen in the top 2 or 3.   What are the odds they know something we don't.

Looking forward to my trip to Dallas next month!

• Like (+1) 1

I like Allan cause TBD hates him. You guys are terrible at rating your quarterbacks since I've been lurking the board.

4 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

This definitely seems to be the case.  Every evaluator I have seen has Allen in the top 2 or 3.   What are the odds they know something we don't.

I'm in Dallas. What's the price, too late to sign up? What's the protocol? Get hammered and Boo everybody that's not a bill?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I've been saying this for months.

Allen has by far the highest ceiling of the group simply because of his physical gifts.

There are certain things that you can't teach a player.

I'm not saying he can definitely learn the mechanics/how to read defenses/etc.

What I'm saying is the other guys CANNOT "learn" what Allen does have.

That's why a lot of the scouts probably love him.

Again I'm not advocating to draft him, I'm not saying he will be great, I'm not saying he won't be great.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if we moved up to take him, and I would be surprised if he lasted past the top5-6.

• Thank you (+1) 1