Cordy Glenn traded to bengals

7 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

It seems like more and more teams have a ton of room. Outside of signing our own that, to me, doesn’t mean a whole lot. 

because of expiring contracts in 2018, most teams would logically see a jump in 2019 cap space. Probably consists of way less than 51 contracts. So while a lot of money, it's misleading to an extent. But it does give roster flexibility.

Edited by klos63

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Beane is not doing all of this work for that scenario. We're not taking Barkley.

the Browns can take him at one. or maybe even 4 if they make some deals. and still draft the QB they like at 2 or 3. crazy potentials

7 minutes ago, vincec said:

Don't like this move. Good LTs are very valuable and the Bills don't have 2 good tackles right now so he would have a been a great bookend with Dawkins.

While it's tough to part with a quality player, I'm now very confident that Beane has his plan and I would say that by 2019 season, you will see this roster filled out the way he wants it. Not saddled with long term deals and plenty of players on their rookie contracts. He will have the ability to add players at key positions with cap flexibility.

wow, great trade. I love Cordy, but foot injuries are pesky and he's pilling them up. Dion seems to only be comfortable at LT, so Cordy had to learn RT or just back up. At 12, it's the perfect spot to draft Lamar Jackson to secure him without reaching since he's a QB. Or they could move up for D'Arnold (what my heart wants) or Rosen (the logical choice with their fondness for Peterman me thinks). Fun times for Bills fan, so much action

16 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Sal C on WGR ... we now over $90MM in free agent money in 2019 ... we're big game hunting (gone Watkins, Dareus, Glenn, Taylor and their contracts) ... time for some talent to come to town in 2019.

Correct me if I am wrong but is there any Watkins dead money on the books for 2018? He was on the last year of his deal and he was traded before the 2017 season started, I think the big dead cap money is coming from Dareus, Glenn, Taylor, and Wood mostly. 

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

because of expiring contracts in 2018, most teams would logically see a jump in 2019 cap space. Probably consists of way less than 51 contracts. So while a lot of money, it's misleading to an extent. But it does give roster flexibility.

Sure that is the case but a likely scenario is we commit $32mm of the $40mm cap available this year and then roll over some $8mm to 2019.  Coupled with reduction in dead moneys and increase in cap, even when you account for the players to be signed in FA and drafted this year in 2019, we could have $65-$70mm avaialble cap in FA in 2019.

8 minutes ago, vincec said:

Don't like this move. Good LTs are very valuable and the Bills don't have 2 good tackles right now so he would have a been a great bookend with Dawkins.

I will question this move. If solely based on Glenn as a football player. You don't trade away unhealthy player to screw your new best friend. Business move i have to accept and will.
Like i mentioned, they sure as heck best have a plan and they sure as heck better not trot out Ducasse and that other guy over there. especially if Glenn or Dawkins would have moved over and upgrade that side of the ball.

But one hell of a trade !

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You guys are nuts. 

I saw a report a couple months ago, can't remember from who, that the Bills and Colts were in discussions to trade Cordy Glenn for "late round considerations." That was way off. I thought his value was shot.

25 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I have no idea how Beane is getting so much value from players that have fallen out of favor that may have been cut outright...

Last week I would have considered it acceptable to get 2 5th round picks for what amounted to salary dumps in Tyrod and Glenn. I'm in shock.

15 minutes ago, Exxdee said:

wow, great trade. I love Cordy, but foot injuries are pesky and he's pilling them up. Dion seems to only be comfortable at LT, so Cordy had to learn RT or just back up. At 12, it's the perfect spot to draft Lamar Jackson to secure him without reaching since he's a QB. Or they could move up for D'Arnold (what my heart wants) or Rosen (the logical choice with their fondness for Peterman me thinks). Fun times for Bills fan, so much action

Can you fill me in on how we know this?  If it's true then the move makes sense on the player personnel front as well as the draft capital front...Cordy would not be a happy camper positioning himself for his future at RT

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I saw a report a couple months ago, can't remember from who, that the Bills and Colts were in discussions to trade Cordy Glenn for "late round considerations." That was way off. I thought his value was shot.

Last week I would have considered it acceptable to get 2 5th round picks for what amounted to salary dumps in Tyrod and Glenn. I'm in shock.

To be fair that’s more you being out of line than Beane performing miracles 

27 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I have no idea how Beane is getting so much value from players that have fallen out of favor that may have been cut outright...

Some say in whispers that it has to do with the activities of Beane's non-identical twin, Baldrick Beane.

He avoids the public  eye. He moves in the shadows and is rarely seen. Back home they called him "The Mean Beane".

I must say no more.

• Haha (+1) 2

Cordy Glenn is cool. He's one of the top tackles in the NFL when healthy. Thanks for the years here, big man. And I thought the best we could get for Cordy Glenn is a third round pick. We got the 12th pick in the draft. We should celebrate just because of that. Props to Beane.

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Some say in whispers that it has to do with the activities of Beane's non-identical twin, Baldrick Beane.

He avoids the public  eye. He moves in the shadows and is rarely seen. Back home they called him "The Mean Beane".

I must say no more.

Whereas Brandon is the Magic Beane.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

I had a dream last night the Bills traded to #2 and took the 1st QB off the board and it was Sam Darnold and he was terrible

Stop dreaming.  

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Report may have been true.

If so the discussion went like this:

Chris Ballard: "Morning!  You seem to have two left tackles.  Any interest in swapping one of them for some picks?

Beane:  "Cordy Glenn is a great LT and we expect him to come back strong, but we are happy with how Dawkins has played.  We could move Cordy.  What did you have in mind?"

Chris Ballard: "How about a 5th and a 6th?"

Beane: "Wrong price range, later!"

2 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

You don't make this trade for Lamar Jackson;  things are now very, very interesting and less theoretical.

I so love that the Jackson backer's dreams have been crushed.

Next up - you Mayfield stans.

It's Rosen or Darnold.