Do you REALLY THINK our GM & HC will trade UP?

Punt75

These are smart NFL men.  They are here for the LONG TERM!  Trading away two #1 picks and more isn't their style.  ESPECIALLY when there is NO standout Quarterback in this draft.  NO Manning, NO Luck and NO Newton.  It's a crap shoot and everybody knows that. 

Get a CB, LB or DL in the first Round.  Grab a QB like Rudolph, Falk or Lauletta in the 2nd.  With the other 2nd rounder get a RB or WR.  I can't image what we can do with two 3's, a 4 and two 5's to fill-out our needs.

Then take a look at Glennon, Bradford or Bridgewater for $7-8 mil as a veteran presence at QB.  We'll have Free Agency for the O-Line.

We've become a SMART organization!  It's very nice!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Your username fits the post. Refusing to take a shot at a franchise qb in a draft loaded with top end qb talent, picking the types of players that will be available in literally every draft class ever, and going with a retread of some sort to continue the mediocrity we've become accustomed to is pretty much punting the offseason away. 

Next years qb class looks awful at this point, and other than Cousins (who's not an option) there is nobody available in free agency or trade that would fit the bill as a franchise passer. If there was ever a time to make a move and get your guy, this is the time. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Yes. I do. I think they are too smart to move up to the top 5 for any other position. But they know they neeed to find their QB ASAP. I think they have purposely set themselves up over the last 10 months to have the assets to acquire their QB of the future. It’s the right draft to do it with multiple 1st rd QBs available. Some drafts only have 1-2 1st rounders.

this is their plan, and they are executing. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 9

8 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

These are smart NFL men.  They are here for the LONG TERM!  Trading away two #1 picks and more isn't their style.  ESPECIALLY when there is NO standout Quarterback in this draft.  NO Manning, NO Luck and NO Newton.  It's a crap shoot and everybody knows that. 

Get a CB, LB or DL in the first Round.  Grab a QB like Rudolph, Falk or Lauletta in the 2nd.  With the other 2nd rounder get a RB or WR.  I can't image what we can do with two 3's, a 4 and two 5's to fill-out our needs.

Then take a look at Glennon, Bradford or Bridgewater for $7-8 mil as a veteran presence at QB.  We'll have Free Agency for the O-Line.

Get Kelemete in here to play RG...move Glenn to RT and our o-line would be rock solid since our center position doesn't need to be addresed.

21 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

I don't think they'll trade up. I hope they don't trade up.  Just my opinion.