Is Josh Rosen really the QB that the Bills covet?

PIZ

12 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Darnold is the one they covet.  This Rosen stuff is a smokescreen

It does seem the QB most teams should. are Browns going to let him slip from their grasp?

i find that hard to believe

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

It does seem the QB most teams should. are Browns going to let him slip from their grasp?

i find that hard to believe

If you send out enough signals that Giants will take Barkley and the Bills covet Rosen, Browns could take Barkley thinking they can get Darnold at 4.

On 3/10/2018 at 11:54 AM, BobChalmers said:

Sam Bradford 2.0 is the general consensus - poor pocket escapability leading to even more injury problems.

Honestly I can't feel good trading way up for any of these guys - maybe Mayfield, maybe Allen if you're willing to sit him and are convinced he can improve.

Seems like saving all those picks and just signing the original Sam Bradford 1.0 is a smarter move.

Wait, you're worried that Josh Rosen MIGHT get injured, so you want to give him the go-by and sign the ACTUALLY injured Bradford?

SMH

6 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

If you send out enough signals that Giants will take Barkley and the Bills covet Rosen, Browns could take Barkley thinking they can get Darnold at 4.

Giants really need to think hard about Eli's Next Up !

Now is the time for them to grab hold of the future . Darnold sits for a year under one of the best students of the game

Unless they are tanking next year............then take Chubb

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wait, you're worried that Josh Rosen MIGHT get injured, so you want to give him the go-by and sign the ACTUALLY injured Bradford?

SMH

smokescreen for Rosen lol:D

He really wants Dranold as well.

Not Bradford.

I mean , that would be silly right ?

Edited by 3rdand12

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

Giants really need to think hard about Eli's Next Up !

Now is the time for them to grab hold of the future . Darnold sits for a year under one of the best students of the game

Unless they are tanking next year............then take Chubb

Giants are in win now mode with a few more years left of Eli. They will trade down , unless they somehow have a shot at Barkley. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Giants are in win now mode with a few more years left of Eli. They will trade down , unless they somehow have a shot at Barkley. 

I sure see them drooling over Barkley !!

Browns hold that key :o

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

SMH

Yeah - b/c I don't lose a pile of draft picks on Sam Bradford - just some cap space.

Rosen has to be our guy.

he is the smartest QB in the draft, the most accurate, and the best at reading defenses. 

those are the most important attributes you can get from a rookie QB. I'll honestly be disappointed if we draft anyone else except for Rosen. 

On 3/10/2018 at 12:42 PM, kdiggz said:

Rosen is by far the best QB and it's not really close.  if it's somebody else it's because they like whatever intangible they bring to the table, whether it's on field availability, leadership, determination, faith, process following, public speaking, etc.  if you are drafting the best passer of the football it's Josh Rosen

In my opinion every trait about a QB is diminished in the eyes of McDermott except 1) work ethic/process 2) ability 3) character

The rest of the traits are negligible positives (not enough to move the needle) in the eyes of this staff.

On 2018-03-10 at 9:42 AM, kdiggz said:

Rosen is by far the best QB and it's not really close.  if it's somebody else it's because they like whatever intangible they bring to the table, whether it's on field availability, leadership, determination, faith, process following, public speaking, etc.  if you are drafting the best passer of the football it's Josh Rosen

Well this isn’t true.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

SMH

True story - the guy worked on Bradford's knee as worked on Romo's back; both are held together with Popsicle sticks and bubble gum...

I have no friggin’ idea, and that’s exactly as it should be! I don’t have access to their scouting, and fans don’t get “fired” if they mess up. I just hope we have the best scouts in the league. 

I think that it is Josh Allen. They know that he will have to have schooling in some nuances and it will take some time , but he is the QB with the arm and is a good fit for McDermott's traits and beliefs. If  we don't get Allen, their backup choice is Lamar Jackson. Both of them exhibit about the same deficiencies in accuracy and with tutoring they should be able to prosper. 

Edited by Wily Dog

Rosen is the best prospect.  I think that's pretty obvious, imo.  Watching him and Darnold...yeah.  Darnold makes some great plays but he's a turnover machine.  Not to mention that he's super, super green and really hasn't learned to go through progressions (when I watched him anyway).

Rosen, to me, seems like the kind of quarterback that the braintrust wants: big, pure passer, goes through reads, makes good decisions, and smart.  Seasoned.

I would trade up for him.  I think that's their plan as well, but we shall see!

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, or Lamar. But if we trade up it better be Rosen.

Why? Rosen is the best passer in the draft. Mayfield a close second. Dispute it. 

He said “best QB in the Draft and it’s not even close.”

Which is not true.

Rosen is the most natural passer. That’s it. Gorgeous throwing motion. Great arm. 

He’s not even close to the “best QB.” He’s a statue in the pocket, has pretty weak pocket awareness and has some injury concern. Not to mention the many teams and teammates that have issues with his personality. 

Disputed. As I’m known to do.  Correctly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

He said “best QB in the Draft and it’s not even close.”

Which is not true.

Rosen is the most natural passer. That’s it. Gorgeous throwing motion. Great arm. 

He’s not even close to the “best QB.” He’s a statue in the pocket, has pretty weak pocket awareness and has some injury concern. Not to mention the many teams and teammates that have issues with his personality. 

Disputed. As I’m known to do.  Correctly.

So who is the "best QB" in your opinion?