Is Josh Rosen really the QB that the Bills covet?

PIZ

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Rosen is not my choice.  I like Mayfield.  He has a competitive attitude and a will to win.  

Beans has also been quoted as saying he wants a QB who can make plays from the pocket yet can not be a statue either.

That would point to Darnold or Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, cba fan said:

Beans has also been quoted as saying he wants a QB who can make plays from the pocket yet can not be a statue either.

That would point to Darnold or Mayfield.

Ya but he says alot of things, said they were gonna pick up tyrods option too. Most of what he says this time of year wont be %100 accurate

4 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

He said “best QB in the Draft and it’s not even close.”

Which is not true.

Rosen is the most natural passer. That’s it. Gorgeous throwing motion. Great arm. 

He’s not even close to the “best QB.” He’s a statue in the pocket, has pretty weak pocket awareness and has some injury concern. Not to mention the many teams and teammates that have issues with his personality. 

Disputed. As I’m known to do.  Correctly.

Your argument that he's not the best QB in the draft is that he has injury concerns and the debunked nonsense that his teammates don't like his personality? Wow go back to sleep leave this stuff to the big boys

6 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Your argument that he's not the best QB in the draft is that he has injury concerns and the debunked nonsense that his teammates don't like his personality? Wow go back to sleep leave this stuff to the big boys

So you skip right past the "lack of pocket presence"?  Intentional?

Link to personality concerns being debunked...?

- Rosen might be the best, but he's a statue in the pocket and an injury waiting to happen

- lots of people think Darnold is the best despite his pile of INTs.

- Allen might be the best, but his completion % was bad

- Mayfield was the best in college last year, but he's short

- Jackson is the best athlete but he's still a major project as a passer

They ALL have issues AND they ALL have superstar potential.

Trading away good draft picks to move up to pick a particular one of these guys over another is nuts.

Edited by BobChalmers

28 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

- Rosen might be the best, but he's a statue in the pocket and an injury waiting to happen

Trading away good draft picks to move up to pick a particular one of these guys over another is nuts.

Just because they all have perceived issues does not mean they are therefore equal.  Individual teams will evaluate strengths and weaknesses according to their own criteria and judgment, as well as particular fit for the team they are trying to build.  I surmise OBD favors one or two above the rest.  If they don't or have weak preferences, then there is no incentive to trade up (at least not significantly.)  I suspect, however, that they really like one or two fellas and will rightly pay the cost to get a potential franchise qb.

43 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

I thought the completion % was a turnoff, too but then I listened to  PFT interview last Tuesday with his coach @ Wyoming. He explained he was in a super pass happy offense which, in turn made him pass a  lot more in difficult situations  than other quarterbacks in this class. 

Also, as a side note, it doesn't hurt his cause that his coach also recruited and coached Carson Wentz...:beer:

On 3/10/2018 at 8:12 PM, wppete said:

DXepqjDVMAAr4I4?format=jpg&name=medium

Damn he looks good in that UNI!:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BobChalmers said:

- Rosen might be the best

he needs to do his own research before posting nonsense.  i don't have time to hold everyone's hand.  he posted 2 things that didn't even have anything to do with being a QB.  if you don't like his personality then that's your opinion but what does that have to do with throwing a football?

please show me some examples where he has "lack of pocket awareness."  i hope your answer isn't because someone on the bills forum said so.  he's quite literally the best pocket passer since Andrew Luck to come out of college.  then all of these QB's are doomed because he's the best of the bunch.  their answer is to escape the pocket.  a pro passer manipulates the pocket and moves within it.

One of many links to debunked teammates don't like his personality:

https://dailybruin.com/2018/01/10/wangs-word-unfounded-rumors-that-teammates-dislike-josh-rosen-should-not-affect-draft/

There are pros and cons to every person ever selected ever.  No, they don't all have superstar potential but probably 3 of them will be long time NFL starters.  You can't teach size, arm strength, intelligence, and you can only make slight changes to mechanics and even then they usually don't stick long term.

11 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

He said “best QB in the Draft and it’s not even close.”

Which is not true.

Rosen is the most natural passer. That’s it. Gorgeous throwing motion. Great arm. 

He’s not even close to the “best QB.” He’s a statue in the pocket, has pretty weak pocket awareness and has some injury concern. Not to mention the many teams and teammates that have issues with his personality. 

Disputed. As I’m known to do.  Correctly.

You finish with the personality thing, then say you are correct. When time and time again, his teammates have said that is not true including the teammate that currently plays for the bills. In addition, every report out of the combine says Rosen interviewed very well.

Weak pocket awareness is interesting. A lot of that blame should be placed on his completely awful offensive line. I've watched a ton of CFB, he completes a lot of passes while taking hits. I don't think I would call that weak pocket awareness.

I agree about the injury concern, but even that was a thing of the past. Recently, he's had a concussion issue but when your line is garbage and you are taking hits, that isn't a player issue. 

But who am I to say I'm correct. Just a fan. 

Edited by Elite Poster

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, Buffalo Ballin said:

It is possible that Andrew Luck is secretly available for trade in the right deal. He missed a year and a half of football. That's a lot. Colts stink, they have a lot of needs, and their O-line is non existent. And he has a huge contract. Durability is a major problem, too. Even the owner hinted (in a nice way) that Luck is soft.

If I was Luck, I demand a trade to my agent.

It's been such a crazy year already, I could see Luck being traded.