Is Josh Rosen really the QB that the Bills covet?

PIZ

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Bradford is much better..........but also I don't think Moore wants to actually have to play unless it's just filling in for a game or two at the end of the season...........and my gut feeling is that he'd retire rather than move to Buffalo.........that's why he's been taking less to be the backup in Miami for years.    

Could be correct with your POV. I think he fits very nicely though.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

His lack of mobility scares me. QBs need to make plays when things break down, I'm not sure Rosen is that guy. A statuesque QB that's already had concussion issues isn't my top choice for the Bills. 

Ill take my chances with his lack of mobility. Doesnt seem to hinder matt ryan, and thats who rosen looks like to me. 

2 hours ago, Estro said:

No, it's Sam Darnold they covet.  That's why all you hear is they love Rosen, that's the narrative they're happy to have out there.   If Darnold is not the #1 Pick he will be a Buffalo Bill

I'm sticking to my guns. I still feel strongly that Sam Darnold is the best quarterback in this draft. There are still risks personality wise with Josh and Baker. If you're looking for a kid with character and a true grinder Sam passes both these guys. Maybe the Browns are after Allen?  Nobody knows and this will be the craziest draft we've seen in a decade.

Hmm.  Seeing lots of tweets that Josh Allen is the target for the Bills.  Not sure how I feel about that.  Rocket arm, but bad accuracy.  Could Dabolls offense fix that? 

I just put my foil hat on,  Frozen does not seem like a McBean or Pegula guy to me without getting too much into certain things that create controversy . I kind of agree with this with all the smoke going around it should be a fun build up to the draft.  The leak also that Jackson is their second favorite...

4 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

I just put my foil hat on,  Frozen does not seem like a McBean or Pegula guy to me without getting too much into certain things that create controversy . 

Not tin foil, but is this what you're referring to??

https://ikippahs.com/products/show-me-the-money?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=33013473423&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8cKA6_Di2QIVWrjACh2j8wL4EAYYASABEgKDgPD_BwE

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Based on what McDermott and Beane seem to like in a prospect -- and with this Bills team's emphasis on character, faith, "respecting the process", etc -- my guess is that Darnold and Allen are the QBs they like. 

Now, if I had MY way, they'd draft Baker Mayfield.

But this Rosen stuff? To me, it's a smokescreen. Nothing about him seems to mesh with McDermott describes as the "DNA" they look for. Darnold and Allen fit the Bill (excuse the pun). I really, REALLY hope they don't take Allen, but that's a different story for a different day...

Yeah......one underrated consideration is that McD is all about JC........Rosen is Jewish.  

It's one thing to have your punter not believe in your Savior.........but to have your franchise Savior not believe in your Savior-Savior could be awkward when McD (and a lot of coaches nowadays) are using their shared religion as a bonding matter with their QB.

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah......one underrated consideration is that McD is all about JC........Rosen is Jewish.  

It's one thing to have your punter not believe in your Savior.........but to have your franchise Savior not believe in your Savior-Savior could be awkward when McD (and a lot of coaches nowadays) are using their shared religion as a bonding matter with their QB.

This hasn't been brought up enough. More a statement on McD than anything else, but a factor imo. I thought I read that Rosen was an atheist ( a plus in my book ) though I don't know if it's true. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Rosen has actually publicly stated that he is an atheist. Just another of his many bold statements by NFL standards. I agree, it does make it difficult to see this as a fit for McD. I don’t know many devout Christians who’d be willing to put the fate of their career in the hands of an atheist. It seems petty, but this is just human nature. 

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Rosen has actually publicly stated that he is an atheist. Just another of his many bold statements by NFL standards. I agree, it does make it difficult to see this as a fit for McD. I don’t know many devout Christians who’d be willing to put the fate of their career in the hands of an atheist. It seems petty, but this is just human nature. 

Petty for sure, and kind of crazy that Bills fans have to consider this an influence on their coach's decisions . But there you have it...

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that Rosen has been the target for over a year. We will see but I think that he is their guy.

I hope you're right! Rosen is accurate and can read defenses. That's what wins in the NFL, not necessarily height & arm cannons. I believe Rosen is the most likely to be Peyton 2.0. 

The only knock on Rosen is he's "too smart" which is such a breathtakingly stupid football thing. Thankfully, the Pegula Bills is kind of the perfect landing spot for a guy like that. Maybe it wouldn't have been with Marrone or Rex, but with the "love" culture McDermott is building, Rosen would be the ideal QB — on & off the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Petty for sure, and kind of crazy that Bills fans have to consider this an influence on their coach's decisions . But there you have it...

I don’t mean to pass judgement on McD. It’s just hard for me to see Rosen being his guy. A QB is the guy who allows the coach to keep his job. Personally, I wouldn’t put my job in the hands of someone with a belief system completely contrary to mine. McD might not think the same. We shall find out soon. 

6 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

Give me either and I'm happy but I do like Mayfield more than Rosen.

Same for me, but just reverse those two names.  Rosen is Eli Manning 2.0.  Mayfield's height bothers me a little, but he has enough tools to overcome that disadvantage.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hmm. Well, Tyrod always talked about his Christian faith, maybe not as much as Peterman, but he was always open about it, and it didn't seem to matter. 

I don't think‚ well, I hope McDermott isn't one to let something like this be a real factor. If anything, they may see their locker room as capable of handling Rosen's strong personality. The way the Bills managed the player protests — one of the more graceful teams in the approach — indicates to me that McDermott isn't intolerant of differing beliefs.

As a fan, I love that Rosen isn't like your standard robot QB. It's refreshing as hell. 

If Rosen had problems like Manziel, that's one thing. But if they pass on Rosen for Allen because of this factor, that's a failure... the younger generation are going to be increasingly more like guys like Rosen, more willing to speak their mind. Coaches need to be adaptive, and to bring those guys into the fold. 

Edited by LA Grant