Thank You Tyrod and Good Luck

Virgil

Tyrod’s trade is bittersweet for me. After the 3 points in our last game, and all the second half shut outs, I knew we had to move on from Tyrod for us to grow as a franchise. So this isn’t about his shortcomings. 

I just wanted to say thank you for getting us to the playoffs and ending the drought. Thank you for always being a classy guy, who restructured his deal last year, handled his benching like a champ, and was well liked by his teammates. 

I’m happy for what we got in return and I hope he finds success in Cleveland. I hope we find our franchise QB in all of this. 

Please keep the criticism of Tyrod out of this. 

TT was exactly what we needed these past few years and I thank him for being a great Buffalo Bill

• Like (+1) 20
  • Thank you (+1) 8

Just now, Virgil said:

Tyrod’s trade is bittersweet for me. After the 3 points in our last game, and all the second half shut outs, I knew we had to move on from Tyrod for us to grow as a franchise. So this isn’t about his shortcomings. 

I just wanted to say thank you for getting us to the playoffs and ending the drought. Thank you for always being a classy guy, who restructured his deal last year, handled his benching like a champ, and was well liked by his teammates. 

I’m happy for what we got in return and I hope he finds success in Cleveland. I hope we find our franchise QB in all of this. 

Please keep the criticism of Tyrod out of this. 

TT was exactly what we needed these past few years and I thank him for being a great Buffalo Bill

Very well said. He's a players player and damn he could be very exciting at times. 

• Like (+1) 3

The Browns should be pretty well stocked for next season and beyond if they don't blow their QB pick again. As much as I'm hoping the Tyrod deal opens a backdoor that if Rosen is there at 4, they'll trade with us for 21 & 22 & another pick, I'm thinking the Browns are more likely to go Barkley at 1 and best QB available at 4. 

AFC North is a weak division and it would be nice to see the Browns shake it up. I'll be rooting for Tyrod and Cleveland to make it happen, it's better for the NFL in general. 

Great post.

The guy had an uphill battle every step of the way, but came into this franchise and gave us stability at the QB position and left it all on the field and led the team to a playoff berth.

He worked his tail off, made the locker room better, owned his role and had some crazy highlight reel plays that made the Bills fun to watch.

Good luck #5, you’ll make Cleveland a better team any and every way you can. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...could care less if it was Rex who brought him here (I hate Rex).....the kid came and I believe he worked his tail off to become a starting QB......cannot find fault with his work ethic, public persona or anything negative regarding his teammates....unfortunately LIKE MANY, his shortcomings involved the mental aspect of the game at this level, which gives you the "luxury" of 5 scant seconds to process.....more fail versus succeed for that very reason.....yet the fecal little  keyboard cowards hoped and prayed for his failure......did I want the kid to succeed?...why not?...it would benefit the club. but it didn't work out so on to Cleveland with my best wishes lad for a new start to reallize your lifelong NFL dream......to the detractors, fecal DOES sink...Bon Voyage......pathetic..........

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, astb41 said:

I've never rooted so hard for someone to succeed.  But the playoff game sealed it for me.

I agree. I was rooting for Taylor to succeed but it's was evident he just wasn't going to take the step we needed him to make. At times he'd look the part. But then he'll fall back in his normal 175 yards 1 or 2 TD's mode... which is "Ok" but isn't enough