US Government "Basically Going To War" On California

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1GJ2IF

I really don't think Brown's radical rhetoric is getting enough national attention. I don't think many in California are batting an eye to the insanity of our state politicians, but this open border stuff is some over the top stuff. I mean, the SB laws preventing private citizens from contacting ICE are eery in a bad way. 

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Kamala Harris Says “California Represents The Future.”

That's what the rest of the country is afraid of , 'Senator'

"There’s a distraction in that they are trying to suggest that this is about the Constitution when in fact what they’re doing is they’re playing politics. They’re playing politics and they’re playing politics with California. This attorney general is doing that and he’s going to lose," Harris said.

:blink:

Come on...I'm not sure I agree with DoJ's suit in this case, but it brings up valid Constitutional questions.  Actively inhibiting the enforcement of federal law, on the other hand...what is that other than playing politics?

The reason more often given for these sanctuary city/state declarations is because they don’t want people afraid to come forward to give witness accounts or testify in criminal investigations. Hey I get that but if that is truly a big enough problem to make this such a big deal that means we have waaaaaaay too many illegals here. 

On 3/12/2018 at 4:15 PM, Chef Jim said:

Free labor.  Free in what way?

I had one client who was used as a sex slave and "employee" by a corporation which was run by just the owner(only other "employee"). 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

live in the mansion of a liberal as a servant and slave for your room and board

Haha, read this comment after I posted mine. Yeah, it happens. Cleaning lady and sex slave. 

13 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I had one client who was used as a sex slave and "employee" by a corporation which was run by just the owner(only other "employee"). 

Haha, read this comment after I posted mine. Yeah, it happens. Cleaning lady and sex slave. 

we took on a search warrant one time for a liberal do-gooder in the news, accused of a major fraud, so she had two immigrants from another country in a poorly lit and very unfinished basement with a badly torn mattress propped up on four paint cans

such lovely people these liberals are....

16 minutes ago, Paulus said:

So one client used as a sex slave equates to tons.  Got it thanks for the clarification. 

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So one client used as a sex slave equates to tons.  Got it thanks for the clarification. 

wow you are being a little B word today, you are usually better than that...

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I think it happens a lot more than people are aware. I also don't think that it is strickly a one partisan practice. There are evil people on both sides of the aisle.

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

wow you are being a little B word today, you are usually better than that...

I’m a little b*tch for calling him out in his outrageous statement.  Not dm saying sex slavery doesn’t exist but “tons”?

5 hours ago, Paulus said:

I think it happens a lot more than people are aware. I also don't think that it is strickly a one partisan practice. There are evil people on both sides of the aisle.

Of course it’s not a partisan issue. Who was saying it is? 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m a little b*tch for calling him out in his outrageous statement.  Not dm saying sex slavery doesn’t exist but “tons”?

Of course it’s not a partisan issue. Who was saying it is? 

I think the comment you origionally replied to did.

"Rich liberals" was the phrase. 

I personally think it is all about votes and power. People of all walks of life abuse power. Democrats want the illegal alien vote, and that of their kin.

Further, the illegal alien status is held over the heads of tons of people. "Tons" literally means 4000+ pounds or simply informally "a large number," which I think easily exists in America, just from the small fraction of illegal alien clients I see get the shaft. And, yes, a large number are used as sex slaves with little recourse. 

Furthermore, I am not even arguing the free labor acquired by simply shorting illegal aliens on paychecks. Many work for 10+ hours/day and get paid for a fraction of that time (citizens too). The time they are not paid for is technically "free labor."

There is certainly an underbelly of society we are all blind to. When you get to a point where you have seen so much you realize you haven't seen sheet, it becomes clearer. Ignorance is bliss.

Edited by Paulus

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No doubt, a Trump supporter and a deplorable 

Three men have been charged in the bombing of a Minnesota mosque last year. One of them had submitted a bid for Trump's border wall.

This means... what, exactly?

57 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

This means... what, exactly?

It is a prime example of Gator/Baskin/ Pasta/ and the rest's

noun: desperation
  1. a state of despair, typically one that results in rash or extreme behavior.
    "she wrote to him in desperation"
    synonyms:

hopelessness, despair, distress;

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2018 at 2:26 PM, Tiberius said:

No doubt, a Trump supporter and a deplorable 

Three men have been charged in the bombing of a Minnesota mosque last year. One of them had submitted a bid for Trump's border wall.

A capitalist businessman who moonlights as a racist bomber, nothing to do with Trump.

#fakenews

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Orange County Sheriff's Department Will Make Public All Inmate Release Dates.

“This is in response to SB-54 limiting our ability to communicate with federal authorities and our concern that criminals are being released to the street when there’s another avenue to safeguard the community by handing them over (to ICE for potential deportation),” Orange County Undersheriff Don Barnes said.

Orange County officials did not confer with ICE before making the change, he said.

ICE spokeswoman Lori Haley wrote in an email late Monday that she would not comment “beyond what the Sheriff has said.”

The new state law, dubbed the California Values Act, has recently seen a backlash from some Orange County communities. The City Council in Los Alamitos voted last week on an ordinance to exempt the city in northern Orange County from the state law.

A few other Orange County cities are considering resolutions and other moves to voice their opposition to the law. The Yorba Linda City Council, for example, agreed to file an amicus brief to a lawsuit filed by the Trump administration against California and immigration-related laws the federal government alleges are unconstitutional. And on Tuesday, March 27, the Orange County Board of Supervisors is scheduled to consider a range of possible actions: from a resolution to pursuing litigation against the state.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, DC Tom said:

State's going to come down on his ass for privacy violations.

Is it protected information in CA?  It's not in NY, anybody can look up the status of an inmate through the DOCCS website, including release to probation/parole.