Bills signings & TT trade point to trade up

I know; I know - it does make sense though

NFL Draft Diamonds @DraftDiamonds

Buffalo Bills have now signed a CB, a DE and a RB. Three backup needs. All before Free Agency begins. Why are they doing this? Think about it for a minute, because they have 5 top 150 picks in 2018. They are trading up folks

NFL Draft Diamonds @DraftDiamonds 3h3 hours ago

All these signings will not count against it, that is true, because if they lose three players like Jordan Matthews, Preston Brown and EJ Gaines and sign maybe one free agent, the Bills could land several picks in 2019

Edited by Reed83HOF

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I will die if we trade up and take Allen...

That sounds very serious! 

I don’t want that either, but I hope to survive. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I would :sick:

That sounds more fitting. 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I know; I know - it does make sense though

NFL Draft Diamonds @DraftDiamonds

Buffalo Bills have now signed a CB, a DE and a RB. Three backup needs. All before Free Agency begins. Why are they doing this? Think about it for a minute, because they have 5 top 150 picks in 2018. They are trading up folks

NFL Draft Diamonds @DraftDiamonds 3h3 hours ago

All these signings will not count against it, that is true, because if they lose three players like Jordan Matthews, Preston Brown and EJ Gaines and sign maybe one free agent, the Bills could land several picks in 2019

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I would still prefer that then taking like a LB and DE and 21 and 22.

It would show me they are going for their guy and are taking a swing

+1

Also when I made that comment, I meant taking him over Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield...a huge shocker

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2

People are seeing in this what they want.  The early signings might also mean they're getting a few guys cheap bexcuse they're about to write a big check for a qb, like Foles.  

Just have to wait and see.  

I still think they won't trade up more than 10 spots in the first round.  I think they might not even do that.  Just take the best qb they see when it's their turn. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think there's a lot of smoke here.  It's not like Ivory was a cheap deal for a backup RB.  The urgency for these signings before free agency hints at Bills not using all 5 of their top 100 picks and a goal of accumulating some comp picks next year.  Let's not forget the Bills traded up for Jones and Dawkins last year.  

I thought the Bills would trade up regardless of these signings, I thought that as soon as we traded out of the 10th overall spot in last years draft. We need a QB, we are going to trade up to get one, it's the only way unless we were that bad and we weren't, embrace the trade up regardless of who the QB is.

LOL.  I don 't read it this way.  The signings are the signings.  Anyone who thinks Odigyy is projected as a starter out of the gate isn't really analyzing this very well.  We don't even know what we have in Vontae Davis.  He's about to be 30.  Not really good for CB's.   Ivory I can see, but the other two right now are bodies.  The only thing that these signings point to for me is the Bills are not looking to mess up their chances for comp picks and they are trying to get people who can compete in spots where they really want to upgrade.  Right now nothing has been upgraded except for HB2.  Davis should be ready to go by camp but we'll see.  If he can play he's an upgrade.  We'll just have to wait to see how things play out.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 3