Beane: "I have no intent to move up or down"

KDIGGZ

53 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Mike Rodent reports that Beane has no intention of trading up and will pick at 21 and 22.  This better be a smoke screen or I'm done with this team

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31327/bills-still-in-quarterback-purgatory-could-punt-big-changes-to-2019

Then leave now.  I am so damned sick and tired of people threatening this, as if anyone else around here gives a damn.

Beane will do what he thinks is best for the team.  That's his job.  And none of us here have anywhere near the knowledge he has about the QB crop in this year's draft.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

There is zero chance any gm in the NFL is going to come out and tell anyone what his draft strategy is.  That would just be plain stupid and drive the price up on a trade up.

You are absolutely correct.  Some people have no clue as to running an NFL team.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Then leave now.  I am so damned sick and tired of people threatening this, as if anyone else around here gives a damn.

Beane will do what he thinks is best for the team.  That's his job.  And none of us here have anywhere near the knowledge he has about the QB crop in this year's draft.

I am so damned sick and tired of people threatening this

as if anyone else around here gives a damn.

you seem to give a damn?

you really shouldn't take it so seriously, like personal. at the end of the day, what any fan does or doesn't do has zero affect on you in a personal manner, now does it?

that said, I do agree with your last sentence.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And most of us do not have a realistic idea as to what the cost will be to move up into the top 4.  Three firsts and three seconds from where the Bills sit in the order would be my guess with maybe some fine tuning and sweetening.  In the end if a trade was proposed and was rejected we may never learn the details of it.  

1 hour ago, Zebrastripes said:

There is zero chance any gm in the NFL is going to come out and tell anyone what his draft strategy is.  That would just be plain stupid and drive the price up on a trade up.

Exactly...in fact if anything they will tell you MISINFORMATION hoping other teams will believe it(aka Buddy Nix starting a rumor Cordy Glenn was a guard not tackle in the NFL)

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

Mike Rodent reports that Beane has no intention of trading up and will pick at 21 and 22.  This better be a smoke screen or I'm done with this team

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31327/bills-still-in-quarterback-purgatory-could-punt-big-changes-to-2019

And when they sit tight at 21 and 22 and still get a franchise quarterback and another ten year starter, maybe we won't have to read anymore I'm done with this team threads. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Fan boy '92 said:

And when they sit tight at 21 and 22 and still get a franchise quarterback and another ten year starter, maybe we won't have to read anymore I'm done with this team threads. 

At 21 and 22 they will get a backup quality qb and a player that will be traded away when the next regime comes in.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I would say that 100% of us here have no clue how to run a NFL team....

I don't know.  I think there are some pretty intelligent people here.  if this is like the old BBMB I would suspect there are a few former NFL people on here including former Bills employees.  I would readily concede if I got the GM's job today I would have a heck of a lot to learn about doing it.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

At 21 and 22 they will get a backup quality qb and a player that will be traded away when the next regime comes in.

We don't know what they will get and maybe for a change we have an OC who knows how to utilize a player's strength.