Why is Baker Mayfield getting the least amount of buzz?

I think he's getting shafted because of height and people exaggerating his character issues.

Mayfield is my #1 choice. Its good to have a leader with fire, with fighting spirit.

Rosen is #2 on my list only bc his injuries. Concussions are dangerous. You get a few bad ones and your done. 

Darnold #3 but he is boom or bust rite now. He needs the most work out of the 3.

I want nothing to do with Allen. He seems like paxton lynch 2.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Me neither... and we'll still have 5 picks left in the first 3 rounds and 9 more picks in the first 5 rounds :thumbsup:

Underrated factor imo. With their trades and shedding of Whaley  era  players, Beane and co were betting on their ability to draft their own. Harder to do without picks. I don't believe they will give up 4 or 5 picks to get to the top 3. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

On 06/03/2018 at 8:13 AM, Logic said:

I've said this on these forums many times before, but...

I really, REALLY want the Bills to draft Baker Mayfield. If he was 2 inches taller, he'd be the consensus top pick in the draft. In my opinion, he will be the best quarterback of this class and has Hall of Fame potential. 

He will give the Bills an identity and swagger that they have been lacking for 22 years. He is the consummate "earned everything he ever got" underdog, and he's PERFECT for this city and this team.

I only hope McDermott and Beane see it the way I do. Teams are really going to be kicking themselves for passing on this kid.

His enthusiasm is infectious. I cannot see a Rosen or Darnold lifting his team the way Baker could. Like i said in another thread, I would love to see him throw the winning TD pass in Foxboro and then give the Pats a crotch grab salute. It would be worth the taunting penalty.

Do it McBeane - you know it makes sense.

Weird connection I know... but I felt Mayfield was actually a distant 3rd to Rosen and Darnold for McBeane simply because of his height, but if it's true the Bills (with the Jets) are really going hard after Breed (who's never leaving NO), maybe that's an encouraging sign that McBeane aren't valuing the true "tall pocket passer" thing I thought they might solely value.

And no, I'm not trying to say Mayfield = Brees

On 3/5/2018 at 2:21 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

I have 3 words 

off field issues    -  he even resembles JFF 

mayfield-baker-41217-usnews-getty-ftr

Mayfield was arrested in February on charges of charges of public intoxication, disorderly conduct and fleeing and resisting arrest

The worst part of it is he was chased down and tackled by what sounded like a county Sherriff Officer in Arkansas. So escapability=sux 

good news is the booking confirms his height is 6’-1”

every top QB prospect this year has multiple warts  depending on who you ask.

if we could get Mayfield around 10,  for a reasonable price, it would make sense.

Mayfield strikes me as a guy who wouldnt mind playing here,  he is accurate,   showed he has the arm,  can make the all the throws.

my biggest worry with Baker is his ability to read defenses,  cuz frankly,  the  offense the sooners ran is not pro friendly.

the biggest need for any QB to succeed in the NFL is  field awareness.    Physical gifts are important,  but the subpar QB play by 3/4 of pro QBs

is directly related to the terrible offenses run by most of the colleges.   Spread/Air Raid QBs,  ill pass.    These offense are used  by coaches with QBs that cant read the field well,  and thats fine,  but it doesnt allow QBs to be NFL ready when they're drafted.

Accuracy,  field awareness please.

Probably because of his arrest video

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:39 AM, SydneyBillsFan said:

His enthusiasm is infectious. I cannot see a Rosen or Darnold lifting his team the way Baker could. Like i said in another thread, I would love to see him throw the winning TD pass in Foxboro and then give the Pats a crotch grab salute. It would be worth the taunting penalty.

Do it McBeane - you know it makes sense.

you mean when he was running from the cops drunk.....that guy should have been in jail......imagine that was any  QB that did not look like me....HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN SHOT DEAD with the cops saying he was scared for their lives....... nah I'll pass..... mcbeane supposedly have some process going on

Little "buzz" to me is that he has enough red flags that makes him risky for a team to trade up for him.  I think teams would draft him if he slid but the cost of moving into the top 5 or top 10 is so high that doing so for Mayfield would be too much of a gamble. 

5 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

every top QB prospect this year has multiple warts  depending on who you ask.

if we could get Mayfield around 10,  for a reasonable price, it would make sense.

Mayfield strikes me as a guy who wouldnt mind playing here,  he is accurate,   showed he has the arm,  can make the all the throws.

my biggest worry with Baker is his ability to read defenses,  cuz frankly,  the  offense the sooners ran is not pro friendly.

the biggest need for any QB to succeed in the NFL is  field awareness.    Physical gifts are important,  but the subpar QB play by 3/4 of pro QBs

is directly related to the terrible offenses run by most of the colleges.   Spread/Air Raid QBs,  ill pass.    These offense are used  by coaches with QBs that cant read the field well,  and thats fine,  but it doesnt allow QBs to be NFL ready when they're drafted.

Accuracy,  field awareness please.

There were reports out of the combine from anonymous GMs that he was the guy blowing teams away in the interview/film room process.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few QB's I will name to show 6'1 is not to small

Drew Brees  6'

Russell Wilson 5'10

Aaron Rogers 6'2

Dak Prescott 6'2

Baker Mayfield 6'1

Think we are being over critical over an inch or 2? Is it now how there motion is in the pocket and there foresight knowing where the player is going to be and where the ball has to be more important?

just a wondering question.

• Like (+1) 1