Who is your "not with a 10 foot pole" first round pick?

20 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

oh no john.

Deshaun Watson was so much better than Lamar Jackson as an NFL prospect that I'm almost considering calling you a racist.

Yeah, who bases their cursory assessment of intelligence of a person on their communication ability and mastery of their native language?  We should base it on his test scores, which we are all privy to, obviously.

We will at some point have the wonderlic results. Those have been a decent indicator of ability to process information. It is a way better indicator than an interview of someone raised in a completely different part of the country. There have been some HOF QBs however (Kelly, Marino, Bradshaw) that scored poorly. So it isn’t necessarily an indicator of what kind of QB you will be.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We will at some point have the wonderlic results. Those have been a decent indicator of ability to process information. It is a way better indicator than an interview of someone raised in a completely different part of the country. There have been some HOF QBs however (Kelly, Marino, Bradshaw) that scored poorly. So it isn’t necessarily an indicator of what kind of QB you will be.

And yet nobody gets angry when it's pointed out that Kelly, Marino, and Bradshaw aren't MENSA members.

Edited by jmc12290

10 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

He's a social justice type.

You say that like it's a bad thing....

I don't know that this is you in particular, but it seems like the general gritching on Rosen is that, simultaneously, he's an entitled spoiled rich kid and that he's too passionate about social justice.  Seems to me it's "either or not both"

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m gonna go off the QB here. And say Barkley. Generational talent. Off the charts in everything. Possible #1 pick. 

But running back is probably the most dangerous position in football, and the shelf life if the shortest. If I’m dropping a top 3-5 pick I’m not taking a running back. I want a player who should be with the team 7-10 years. (Browns have 1 and 4 so I get it if they draft him) but me personally for the sake of this specific conversation I’m avoiding running back in the first round. 

I think Barkley is absolutely a first round talent, and with Shady getting long in the tooth, particularly for a running back, and the plethora of other needs, I certainly agree with you relating to the Bills.  

Very well-explained post, like your logic.

F***ing hate your avatar though, as Pennywise damaged me back in the 90s.  Your clown isn't much less disturbing...

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, Cripple Creek said:

Who is the one player projected for the first round that you want no part of? Can be QB or other.

My pick is Sam Darnold.  Based on the games that I saw I don't see him succeeding in the NFL.

You?

Arden Key, Harold Landry

16 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

oh no john.

Deshaun Watson was so much better than Lamar Jackson as an NFL prospect that I'm almost considering calling you a racist.

Yeah, who bases their cursory assessment of intelligence of a person on their communication ability and mastery of their native language?  We should base it on his test scores, which we are all privy to, obviously.

Bring something to prove any of these takes

19 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

How many championships do they have? Keep in mind that they are the "best" examples,  yet. 

I understand that you don't think intelligence is important in a franchise QB. I do,  and I don't think he has it.  Those are my reasons for not wanting him.  You aren't going to convince me by comparing him to the success of Vick, Watson, and Taylor.

Im wondering what your proof is that he is not an intelligent qb

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Proof? I don't have any. He doesn't sound intelligent.  That's all I said.  Can you prove that he is? Hell,  I don't even care that you can't.  You are obviously a fan of his,  I'm not.  No big thing. 

14 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Proof? I don't have any. He doesn't sound intelligent.  That's all I said.  Can you prove that he is? Hell,  I don't even care that you can't.  You are obviously a fan of his,  I'm not.  No big thing. 

You are entitled to your opinion I guess

There is just no substance to it but you are still entitled to it.   I care about winning....the kid is a special athlete and the statements with no foundation that people make against him are confusing to me.

Rosen is better

Darnald is a turnover machine but might be better

Mayfield is intriguing

Then for me its Jackson......and we have a def need at the qb position.

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You are entitled to your opinion I guess

There is just no substance to it but you are still entitled to it.   I care about winning....the kid is a special athlete and the statements with no foundation that people make against him are confusing to me.

Rosen is better

Darnald is a turnover machine but might be better

Mayfield is intriguing

Then for me its Jackson......and we have a def need at the qb position.

And my opinion is that QBs in the style of Jackson don't win championships. There is substance to that. I don't want him.  You are wowed by his athletic abilities, and you are entitled to that. 

Edited by Sig1Hunter

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I can't hold your hand, John. 

Watch every single throw of Watson and every throw of Jackson and tell me they are comparable.

You can't. Watson is a much more natural thrower, and though he lacks the raw power LJ has, Watson's touch, pocket presence, and even accuracy blow LJ out of the water.

LJ is a project with physical tools who is expectedly to ride the bench. Watson was ready to start day one. Do the math.

Edited by jmc12290

On 3/5/2018 at 10:16 AM, Jay_Fixit said:

Josh Allen. And it has been for a long time.

I think he's the ideal fit for Buffalo. He would love to be a part of a team where the fanbase blames everyone but him for his terrible play.

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I can't hold your hand, John. 

Watch every single throw of Watson and every throw of Jackson and tell me they are comparable.

You can't. Watson is a much more natural thrower, and though he lacks the raw power LJ has, Watson's touch, pocket presence, and even accuracy blow LJ out of the water.

LJ is a project with physical tools who is expectedly to ride the bench. Watson was ready to start day one. Do the math.

I saw throws of Watson that floated and hung because of lack of arm strength......I see bullets from lamar because he has SUPERIOR arm strength......I see balls that hit WR's righ the hands on Lamar's passes

What exactly is it that you think you see?

2 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

And my opinion is that QBs in the style of Jackson don't win championships. There is substance to that. I don't want him.  You are wowed by his athletic abilities, and you are entitled to that. 

Athletism is not a bad thing....it is in fact a sport