Underrated Bills games

Sure there's The Comeback, the 1990 AFC Championship game, and most recently week 17 against the Dolphins that are still remembered and talked about today (deservedly so).  What are some great games though that flew under the radar.  Here's one:

Great ending. 

• Like (+1) 1

09 @ Jets with Fitz after Trent injury and the Jets having 300 yds rushing. I live deep, deep in Jet territory...that win felt so great for me. I don’t know why, but I loved that 09 team. If Fitz starts from opening day and Fewell coaches from week 1, I bet that team is a drought ender.

14 Vikings. Orton easily the most under appreciated Bills qb of the drought. Drives the team down for a game winning TD with 2 sec left. Throws for 120 yds on that last drive. Converts a 4th and 22! And a crazy pass to Hogan. A game that would be remembered if we finished that season off. Loved Orton. Loved being at that game.

• Like (+1) 1

2000 - Rob Johnson drives team for game winning touchdown which he scored himself on a self sacrificing dive at the pilon at Kansas City to put us 7-4.  It was either Berman or Jackson who said that game may have been the turning point in Rob Johnson's career.  We of course lose the next four and miss the playoffs.

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

14 Vikings. Orton easily the most under appreciated Bills qb of the drought. Drives the team down for a game winning TD with 2 sec left. Throws for 120 yds on that last drive. Converts a 4th and 22! And a crazy pass to Hogan. A game that would be remembered if we finished that season off. Loved Orton. Loved being at that game.

Yea that is on my list too.  The Chicago and Detroit wins that year were pretty good too.  In fact sweeping the NFC North that season.... I loved all those games and they all went down to the wire:

Freddie's long run to set up the winner as time expired in Chicago;

Carp (when he was still good) nailing a 56 yarder to win in Detroit;

The circus catch from Hogan then TD catch from Sammy to beat the Vikings;

The strip sack safety on Rodgers to beat Green Bay.  

Of other seasons the 2011 season opener where we ran all over Kansas City I loved too.  

33 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Being at the Green Bay game in 2014 was great. Too bad Orton couldn't move the ball an inch in the 2nd half. Or against the Raiders the following week......

The defense blew the Raiders game if I remember correctly. Carr tore us up converting 3rd and longs.

Underrated game for me, 2007 opener against the Seahawks, we crushed them, Parrish had a nice return for a TD, started the season 4-0....

1990 - Week 4

Bills - Broncos. Bills are down by 12 in the 4th quarter.  The special teams (blocked FG return), defense (INT return), and offense each score a TD in the span of 77 seconds to key the win. 

1990 - week 5 

Bills-Raiders. Bills trail by 10 in the 4th quarter and again get a special teams TD, this time off of a blocked punt to take the lead. Nate Odomes seals the win a INT return for another TD. 

8 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I think it was 2006 at Houston. Losman hit Lee Evans for two 80 yard bombs in the first quarter. I thought we had our next kelly to Reed connection for years to come. Sigh

I was thinking of that game too. Losman threw a game-winning TD to Peerless Price at the last second.

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

09 @ Jets with Fitz after Trent injury and the Jets having 300 yds rushing. I live deep, deep in Jet territory...that win felt so great for me. I don’t know why, but I loved that 09 team. If Fitz starts from opening day and Fewell coaches from week 1, I bet that team is a drought ender.

In the same manner as Ronnie Harmon will always be remembered for the drop, Orton will always be remembered for the slide.

05 - bills/Bengals 

07 - mnf against Dallas. Yes we lost, but that night was awesome until the end

11 - bills/Patriots. Bills were down 20 or 21 if I remember correctly before they came back and won

14 - bills/Vikings. Sammy catches game winning td in final seconds

17 - bengals/Ravens. No this isn't the bills, but this will forever live in bills infamy

Edited by Steptide

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Todd Collins and the Bills erase a 26-0 deficit against the colts to win 37-35.  I think it was '97.  One of the greatest comebacks in NFL history.

Bills fans don't talk about this game enough.

Bills fans probably don’t talk about it because no one saw.

i was at that game sitting in the scoreboard endzone and recall needing binoculars to see the nearest fans sitting next to us.  ?.  It was barren.

looking it up just now the attendance was only listed at 55,000.  Rich Stadiuk sat how many then? 69,000? 70,000?

so it was pretty empty and I can’t imagine it was on tv and for the few people who came they probably left at 0-26.

since being at the Oilers comeback I decided to stay and glad I did.

11 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Bills fans probably don’t talk about it because no one saw.

i was at that game sitting in the scoreboard endzone and recall needing binoculars to see the nearest fans sitting next to us.  ?.  It was barren.

looking it up just now the attendance was only listed at 55,000.  Rich Stadiuk sat how many then? 69,000? 70,000?

so it was pretty empty and I can’t imagine it was on tv and for the few people who came they probably left at 0-26.

since being at the Oilers comeback I decided to stay and glad I did.

I was at both.  Man, I was in a box and had food at the Oilers game, but I just can't remember why the hell stayed for the Colts game.

58 minutes ago, Gale Gilbert said:

1990 - Week 4

Bills - Broncos. Bills are down by 12 in the 4th quarter.  The special teams (blocked FG return), defense (INT return), and offense each score a TD in the span of 77 seconds to key the win. 

1990 - week 5 

Bills-Raiders. Bills trail by 10 in the 4th quarter and again get a special teams TD, this time off of a blocked punt to take the lead. Nate Odomes seals the win a INT return for another TD. 

i believe tasker blocked it.

39 minutes ago, Steve O said:

In the same manner as Ronnie Harmon will always be remembered for the drop, Orton will always be remembered for the slide.

No to me. He will be remembered as the only qb we had during a 10 year span that could operate a modern day passing offense. Also showed up with no offseason and went 7-5 with wins against GB, @ NE @ Det smoked the jets twice. Beat the Pats with Brady playing 1 half and Jimmy G playing the 2nd. 2 guys everyone raves about. That 14 team ends the drought if EJ doesn’t play in Houston. A pocket qb that understands he’s important to the the team and live to play another down. That’s what most good QBs do. Not take hits and not get hurt.