Josh Allen's our guy...

I think he's the best QB in the draft.  Has an arm like Rodgers.  Only thing I question is his football IQ?  Hard to dissect that on tape.  Assuming that is good,  i'd say trade up and pull the trigger on this guy.

Edited by bills6969
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I think he's the best QB in the draft.  Has an arm like Rodgers.  Only thing I question is his football IQ?  Hard to dissect that on tape.  Assuming that is good,  i'd say trade up and pull the trigger on this guy.

I could see it. I love Rosen. I'm guessing the Bills love one of Allen, Rosen, Darnold and that is why we hear all the smoke about the trade ups. 

Arm is like Rodgers.  Nothing else really his.  He has an abysmal accuracy and he played at Wyoming.  I'd be questionable about him if he played in a Power 5 conference.  His inability to "get it together" facing lesser competition is concerning.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 2

He needs work but his arm is amazing and he looks comfortable dropping back. Needs to work on anticipation, touch, throwing receivers open, football IQ. He's not ready to play in 2018. If he plays they are going to ruin him. He will revert back to his old ways and not make any progress. If you draft him you know he's a work in progress and you are ok with a redshirt year. High risk high reward guy for sure

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Arm is like Rodgers.  Nothing else really his.  He has an abysmal accuracy and he played at Wyoming.  I'd be questionable about him if he played in a Big 5 conference, but his inability to "get it together" facing lesser competition is concerning.  

People said the exact same thing about Wentz

Just now, kdiggz said:

He needs work but his arm is amazing and he looks comfortable dropping back. Needs to work on anticipation, touch, throwing receivers open, football IQ. He's not ready to play in 2018. If he plays they are going to ruin him. He will revert back to his old ways and not make any progress. If you draft him you know he's a work in progress and you are ok with a redshirt year. High risk high reward guy for sure

I think he needs about 2 years playing behind someone.  I agree, there is no way he will improve by being thrown onto the field.  

Just now, bills6969 said:

People said the exact same thing about Wentz

Wentz had a 64.1 college completion percentage v. Allen's 56.2.  

8 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

What would you give up to get him?

15 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Arm is like Rodgers.  Nothing else really his.  He has an abysmal accuracy and he played at Wyoming.  I'd be questionable about him if he played in a Power 5 conference.  His inability to "get it together" facing lesser competition is concerning.  

possible .. but the one worse than the competition he faced was his own receiver corps:)

1 minute ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

possible .. but the one worse than the competition he faced was his own receiver corps:)

good point.  I hear his WR's dropped quite a few balls (as did Jackson's, apparently).   Whatever we do, I want that guy to be great.  My fav QB is Mayfield, but whoever we draft I'll trust that this FO knows its stuff.  

24 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

A slow Tyrod with a much stronger arm.  I certainly hope not.  If they do draft him maybe he could convert to Tight End.

27 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Totally agree.  Will be interesting to see how high he goes.  Hugh upside, obviously,