Josh Allen's our guy...

24 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

People said the exact same thing about Wentz

Considering that Wentz had a completion percentage well over 60% for 2 years, if they said he was "abysmally inaccurate" well, people can say anything

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

good point.  I hear his WR's dropped quite a few balls (as did Jackson's, apparently).   Whatever we do, I want that guy to be great.  My fav QB is Mayfield, but whoever we draft I'll trust that this FO knows its stuff.  

People smitten by Allen-love say his WR dropped a lot of balls, but the published drop statistics say he actually suffered less drops than the other QB (6-7%)

vs Rosen (11%) or Jackson (12%)

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

No. Hell no. Allen is garbage.

Get out of here with that.

And you know this how?

Do you believe that completion percentage is affected by supporting cast?  His OL was under-manned and his receivers were not very good.

i don’t know if he will be a good pro, but for sure he was handicapped by his supporters cast.

Can we maybe agree that he has a BIG arm and was handicapped by his supporting cast?  I don’t know if he can succeed at the NFL level, but I do believe his team made him look worse than he is.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Considering that Wentz had a completion percentage well over 60% for 2 years, if they said he was "abysmally inaccurate" well, people can say anything

People smitten by Allen-love say his WR dropped a lot of balls, but the published drop statistics say he actually suffered less drops than the other QB (6-7%)

vs Rosen (11%) or Jackson (12%)

Completion percentage is also linked to his OL.  If his OL provided little protection AND. His receivers couldn’t get open, it would be hard to blame him.  

7 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Completion percentage is also linked to his OL.  If his OL provided little protection AND. His receivers couldn’t get open, it would be hard to blame him.  

Huh.  *looks left*  *looks right*

Does that concept of QB performance affected by supporting cast apply to Bills QB or only lusty draft candidates?

Allen has a huge arm and seems to be a  good athlete.  As far as the supporting cast, normally QB who don't put up good numbers but have highly desirable attributes and potential, get called "prospects" and drafted on Day 2.

A lot of draft prospect QB were affected by their supporting cast.  Some were helped.  But people don't seem to be giving a guy like Jackson the big "accuracy" pass because his WR had some of the most drops and his OL wasn't all that.  Yeah, it affected him, but he also played against lower levels of competition.

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Highest ceiling of all the top QBs. 

However that also comes with the Lowest Floor. 

He scares the heck out of me 

He was impressive at the combine but i just kept reminding myself... this is a dress rehersal. His on field does not match up.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Huh.  *looks left*  *looks right*

Does that concept of QB performance affected by supporting cast apply to Bills QB or only lusty draft candidates?

Allen has a huge arm and seems to be a  good athlete.  As far as the supporting cast, normally QB who don't put up good numbers but have highly desirable attributes and potential, get called "prospects" and drafted on Day 2.

A lot of draft prospect QB were affected by their supporting cast.  Some were helped.  But people don't seem to be giving a guy like Jackson the big "accuracy" pass because his WR had some of the most drops and his OL wasn't all that.  Yeah, it affected him, but he also played against lower levels of competition.

I think Jackson deserves the same pass.

I think that Allen’s situation is on the extreme end of the spectrum with his supporting cast far below average, but I don’t discount Louisville’s supporting group either.

From what I can tell, Allen was running for his life behind an overmatched OL and had struggling WRs as well.  I can’t conclude for sure that Allen will be a top pro, but I also can’t hang his comp% solely on him.

19 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

We are already justifying taking a kid in the draft using same logic we do to justify Taylor's shortcomings 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

And you know this how?

Do you believe that completion percentage is affected by supporting cast?  His OL was under-manned and his receivers were not very good.

i don’t know if he will be a good pro, but for sure he was handicapped by his supporters cast.

Can we maybe agree that he has a BIG arm and was handicapped by his supporting cast?  I don’t know if he can succeed at the NFL level, but I do believe his team made him look worse than he is.

Just go back to these threads in which most of the fans are calling the kid garbage as he has already improved since the end of the college season. there is a real reason as to why so many scouts, draft sites, and mock drafts have the kid going in the top five.

I will tell all the fans here that are so negative about him to not worry because there is no chance the Bills will ever come close to drafting him as no team will let them move up that far. The Browns, Giants are gonna fall in love with his arm and what they saw at the senior bowl, combine and draft him.

I liked his arm at the Combine. It was like being at a circus and watching the lion tamer. Even the other QBs were impressed.

But if you're gonna hock the farm and move up 15-18 spots, you better be dang sure he's your franchise guy. Right now the guys who look the part for that are Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield. They all have their faults. But to me Allen just doesn't seem to have "it." He just has a cannon. He's a one trick pony. A pretty cool trick. But one trick nevertheless. Not sold on him at all.

47 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

People said the exact same thing about Wentz

Wentz had a far more accurate, efficient and productive college career. The level of competition was the  question mark. Allen has had a below average career at a mediocre school playing mediocre competition. The fact that they are both big and have strong arms is about the only thing they have in common. Wentz's success is really stoking the Allen hype train.  Allen"s comp % was 95th out of 125 qbs ! Yds per att. of 6.7 was 94th! By those important metrics he was a terrible qb. I sure hope the Bills don't fall for it.

6 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Just go back to these threads in which most of the fans are calling the kid garbage as he has already improved since the end of the college season. there is a real reason as to why so many scouts, draft sites, and mock drafts have the kid going in the top five.

I will tell all the fans here that are so negative about him to not worry because there is no chance the Bills will ever come close to drafting him as no team will let them move up that far. The Browns, Giants are gonna fall in love with his arm and what they saw at the senior bowl, combine and draft him.

That reason can be accounted for by two words. Prototypical and potential.

22 minutes ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

Jamarcus Russel had a big arm

So did Dan Marino.  Doesn't have much to do with Josh Allen.  Having said that, quarterbacks having a completion % in the mid 50's in college usually don't fare well in the NFL.  Vick was an exception, but his legs were just as big of weapon as his arm.