Josh Allen's our guy...

37 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Every time there’s a QB with inagibles but who really sucked in college always gets the “oh, it was his receivers.” Wtf happened to Jake Locker? The exact same excuses were used. Locker sucked. Allen’s gonna suck.

Good QBs make the receiver, not the other way around

I think the current phrase is "A good QB elevates the play of everyone around him" but I agree with your sentiment. Ryan Leaf had a great arm too as I recall. It's not ALL about "The Arm" although it's nice to have, to fall back on at times. Kelly could get off to a bad start and shake it off and get right back on track. "McBean and the Process" will decide which QB they go after. Let's sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

So, like, you really believe that Allen makes it past the Jets at #6??? C'mon...

I hope not.  I want them to draft Allen and bring back Geno Smith as a backup.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bills6969 said:

People said the exact same thing about Wentz

Not really because his completion percentage was significantly over 60% in college. Yeah, against a lower level of competition, but he rang up good stats and play against them. Allen's sub-60% against that lower level is indeed a serious concern.

Personally, I don't want him. If they draft him I'll cheer for him but I have enough doubts that I'm rooting for that not to happen.

The draftniks said the last great arm they saw prior to Allen was Jamarcus Russell. I'm not saying Allen=Russell. I'm just saying to fall in love with a QB just cause of his arm is probably not the best way to go about finding talent.

He might end up being the best QB in this draft. But I agree with Hapless. Development is key here. I think the intangibles on Mayfield are pretty good. But even he has some question marks. I wish we were picking top 5-10. There's great value there. If Mayfield or Lamar are there at 21 or 22 it's a no brainer. But you also have to consider a top 5 talent at another position could be there at 21 or 22 as a result of the positioning for the QB talent. What do you do then?

11 minutes ago, cale said:

The draftniks said the last great arm they saw prior to Allen was Jamarcus Russell. I'm not saying Allen=Russell. I'm just saying to fall in love with a QB just cause of his arm is probably not the best way to go about finding talent.

He might end up being the best QB in this draft. But I agree with Hapless. Development is key here. I think the intangibles on Mayfield are pretty good. But even he has some question marks. I wish we were picking top 5-10. There's great value there. If Mayfield or Lamar are there at 21 or 22 it's a no brainer. But you also have to consider a top 5 talent at another position could be there at 21 or 22 as a result of the positioning for the QB talent. What do you do then?

Allen's arm has always looked great in practices. The problem is his accuracy collapses under pressure of a game. 

14 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Allen's arm has always looked great in practices. The problem is his accuracy collapses under pressure of a game. 

I can't even count how many times I've seen a play break down and Allen scrambles to avoid a sack, I've also seen him break tackles to avoid being sacked. He is nothing like Jamarcus Russell, Allen has HOF talent, he is like Ben Roethlisberger with the arm talent of Johnny Unitas BUT his accuracy issues are a concern. How much of that was because of his receivers not getting open? How much of that is because he couldn't even get a clean pocket half the time?

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Considering that Wentz had a completion percentage well over 60% for 2 years, if they said he was "abysmally inaccurate" well, people can say anything

People smitten by Allen-love say his WR dropped a lot of balls, but the published drop statistics say he actually suffered less drops than the other QB (6-7%)

vs Rosen (11%) or Jackson (12%)

From what I read he won't have an OL, WR or RB drafted in the 2018 draft, if this is true then maybe it's a miracle he got what he did with the cast surrounding him. I saw him in the senior bowl throw perfect strikes in stride for TD passes with better talent. If the Bills decided it was Jackson, Allen, Mayfield, Darnold or Rosen I'll be happy.

21 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I can't even count how many times I've seen a play break down and Allen scrambles to avoid a sack, I've also seen him break tackles to avoid being sacked. He is nothing like Jamarcus Russell, Allen has HOF talent, he is like Ben Roethlisberger with the arm talent of Johnny Unitas BUT his accuracy issues are a concern. How much of that was because of his receivers not getting open? How much of that is because he couldn't even get a clean pocket half the time?

I question whether he is just a workout warrior. Great throwing when there is no defense but not mentally strong enough to deliver in real game pressure

2 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

I question whether he is just a workout warrior. Great throwing when there is no defense but not mentally strong enough to deliver in real game pressure

I think pretty much everybody has those fears otherwise he would go #1 no questions asked, but I think he'd do well here. Big strong arm QB, big hands, tall, big frame can take a hit. I think he goes #1 overall, I really do. Only other QB I'd trade up for is Sam Darnold, otherwise I'd rather sit tight and draft Rudolph at 21.

8 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

would be the 1st qb to make it in the big leagues in a dozen years who had a sub 60% completion percentage. 

Matthew Stafford college career ended with a 57% career completion %. 

Accuracy is a problem for Allen, but you can't overlook the types of throws he is attempting. Many offenses drive up completion % based on the design. 

42 minutes ago, arcane said:

It's easy to disect on tape that his football IQ is literal garbage if you're watching the right tape. Ie, tape of him playing football, not chucking in shorts or palming basketballs 

That's the biggest problem I see. He wouldn't even be on my board. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

8 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Arm is like Rodgers.  Nothing else really his.  He has an abysmal accuracy and he played at Wyoming.  I'd be questionable about him if he played in a Power 5 conference.  His inability to "get it together" facing lesser competition is concerning.  

And when he played power 5 opposition..... it was ugly.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, kdiggz said:

He needs work but his arm is amazing and he looks comfortable dropping back. Needs to work on anticipation, touch, throwing receivers open, football IQ. He's not ready to play in 2018. If he plays they are going to ruin him. He will revert back to his old ways and not make any progress. If you draft him you know he's a work in progress and you are ok with a redshirt year. High risk high reward guy for sure

His weaknesses are a major concern most of them have to do with that internal clock that all QBs need the worst thing is u can't teach that. 

9 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I could see it. I love Rosen. I'm guessing the Bills love one of Allen, Rosen, Darnold and that is why we hear all the smoke about the trade ups. 

I'll probably be wrong but I am willing to bet the Bills stay put at 21 and 22 and take d line ( maybe Harrison Barnes) and a LB ( insert favorite here) we don't see a QB until round 2. Just my gut feeling.

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

The thing with Allen is when he comes off play action and his feet are set he throws probably the most pure gorgeous spiral since Elway . But when the pocket is chaotic he becomes very tyrodish and bails quickly without going through his reads ..can pocket presence and feel be taught ? I don't know . It's kinda what separates him and Rosen ..Rosen's footwork is far more consistent and he understands the intricacies of pocket play much better. Comparing him to big Ben is interesting because Ben is the only qb I've ever seen excel due to not throwing the ball on time . Such a unique qb it's hard for me to see that in anyone else 

• Like (+1) 1

Drafting a guy with only one attribute, throwing the ball long, is a mistake.

He's innacurate (from what the experts are saying), he should not be drafted in the first round, but some dumbass team will, hope it's not the Bills.

Funny, going into 2017 I loved Josh Allen and did not like Lamar Jackson as NFL prospects.

Now, my opinion has taken a 180.

I have a feeling now that if the Bills love Jackson they are going to have to trade up for him.

There is a very good possibility that the top 6 QB's will go before the Bills pick at 21.

Watching the combine left me even more confused on QBs. The new rookie salary slots are the best thing that could have happened for rd 1.

The Top 5 Quarterbacks in the 2018 Draft

The Wonderlic prop is specifically for the five quarterbacks at the top of the draft class. These were the odds that were first posted - 6 days ago 

Josh Allen, Wyoming: +130

Josh Rosen, California-Los Angeles: +225

Sam Darnold, Southern California: +400

Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma: +500

Lamar Jackson, Louisville: +1000

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/article/bet-qb-wonderlic-scores