Bucky Brooks NFL combine winners (Allen) & losers (Rosen).

PIZ

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Combine winners/losers: Josh Allen trumps Rosen

Former NFL player and scout Bucky Brooks is spotlighting the prospects who make a mark -- for better or worse -- at the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. On Saturday, the quarterbacks, wide receivers and tight ends took the field at Lucas Oil Stadium. Here are Brooks' impressions from Indianapolis:

Before getting into assessments of today's on-field workout participants, I wanted to address a significant development in the D-line group. Maurice Hurst, the Michigan product I have ranked as the No. 1 defensive tackle in this draft class, was diagnosed with a heart condition during his medical evaluation in Indy. Headed home for further testing, Hurst misses out on the opportunity to showcase his disruptive skill set in combine drills. This is obvious a concerning setback for the first-round hopeful whom colleague Daniel Jeremiah has as his No. 21 overall prospect, and it's a situation teams will be forced to closely monitor in the run-up to April's draft.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
By NFL Network
The "NFL Now LIVE" crew reveals which players won the day as Day 2 of the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine comes to a close.

3 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I still wouldn’t be surprised if the Browns draft Allen at #4 and take the best player in the draft Barkley at #1. 

I think that is what might happen now. They might like Darnold, Allen, Mayfield and there's a chance all of them will still be there at 4. If they don't have a preference then take the best player at 1 (Barkley) and see who is still available at 4

Edited by kdiggz

Just now, kdiggz said:

I think that is what might happen now. They might like Darnold, Allen, Mayfield and there's a chance all of them will still be there at 4. If they don't have a preference then take the best player at 1 (Barkley) and see who is still available at 4

The rumor is they like Darnold and then (big gap) Mayfield 

Also how does his winners list not mention DJ Chark? He might be a 1st rounder now after that performance. He made himself some $ today

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The rumor is they like Darnold and then (big gap) Mayfield 

If there's a big gap then they will need to take Darnold at 1. Can't mess around. If it's close then they can be more flexible and take the best player at 1 and still be able to get a top QB at 4

I am no Allen fan and I put very little stock in what people do throwing against air in shorts..... but he did have a really impressive day. 

Unfortunately his college tape from games against power 5 conference teams when there are players with actual talent on the other side rushing him still sucks. 

• Like (+1) 1

Would love to see the Bills get this guy ..... Gronk-like (doesn't have the strength of Gronk, but a better over-all athlete):

Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State: It's not surprising to see a former basketball/volleyball player post ridiculous numbers in an athletic workout, but few athletes have put on a show like Gesicki. The 6-foot-6, 247-pound tight end clocked a 4.54 40 to go with a 41.5-inch vertical leap and a 10-foot-9 broad jump.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, kdiggz said:

This is a prestige pick for a new GM, who needs to fill the one glaring hole the previous braintrust failed to address.  It difficult for me to think they'll get cute with the first pick and take a RB.  

• Like (+1) 1

Another combine observer called Josh Allen a combine loser because he continued to show a lack of anticipation (the ability to pass before the receiver made his final cut.  Interesting how opinions can vary.

12 hours ago, PIZ said:

It's the combine... I knew Allen would have the best combine...the guy threw from his knees... & tried to show off a little until Rosen threw his deep ball too. 

Newflash: all the combine does is validate what you see on tape. Rosen, Jackson, & Mayfield did that. Allen showed he can throw when nobody is in his face.

13 hours ago, PIZ said:

I kind of see now why the whole draft process is so mysterious to fans.

I think people see what they expect to see.

For example, this was heralded as "effortless" throw by Allen.

image.png.8340dd96e9d9b89bdbfe00e708c72871.png 

I see a good adjustment by the WR, who had to come back and go low for the ball - but this was NOT an accurate throw by Allen.  Two throws previously, "that was a good throw" on a deep midfield route where the WR had to adjust to his R while running, and the ball was just a little too long for him (he reached for it but couldn't make the catch).  Another ball to the left where the WR had to leave his feet and go up for it.  This deep throw where the WR had to stop and come back even the announcers admitted "now that was underthrown" followed by two excellent deep balls.

image.png.721be7be5d462d1c2f3c736715e3de3e.png

Not at all saying that Allen can't throw (!!!) or didn't have a good day, but to puff him up as "shown he was accurate" and "winner of the combine" and all that when he's clearly not got the most consistent, accurate ball placement .... man that's Some Sh*t.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan